Players waiting for contact/offer

Mitchell is definitely a take

Fuller - No
Sanguinetti - No

Agreed. Jalen Mitchell should have had an offer (along with DJ Williams) as soon as Crowley started flirting with o$u, if not sooner. His film is good, his size is good, and his numbers are good.

And forget MAR. He is not signed, and is not publicly committed. Our staff should not hold spots for uncommitted kids without making other offers. People whine about the staff getting played by recruits going elsewhere without a backup plan, then turn around and say "we are fine with just MAR."

Free advice: if it's January and a South Florida kid has been sitting on his UM offer all year, just assume he isn't coming. You'll blunt some of the disappointment later.

Advertisement
Wait, everyone in here is saying no thanks....These are the same people who say I don't care about stars, I just want guys who wanna be canes and will put on for the city when other recruits go elsewhere? Smh this board is something else.

waste of schollys. those guys all have issues with speed. speed matters. look how fast clemson looked against bama

We've been leaving scholarships on the table for years. Would anyone be a waste of a scholarship when you're trotting out 77 scholarship players every year?

Also, I think, this fanbase has a distorted view of what a Miami player is in 2019.

I go back to my Drederick Snelson comparison. Was considered not good enough to play here. Balls out for UCF. Will go to the league as like a WR3, WR4 type. Recent Miami players that are WR3, WR4 types in the league...Leonard Hankerson and Stacy Coley...two of our most productive wide receivers of all time...Braxton Berrios.

I'll also go back to the James Wiggins (or going further back...Ricardo Allen)...not "Miami caliber" yet far better then many we've recruited recently. We really took JEFF JAMES over James Wiggins. Let that thought stew.

No excuse for Mitchell not being recruited. Stop banking on MAR as if it’s a guarantee. Y’all setting yourselves up.

What’s the full story on fuller?
Sanguinetti? ST if he can’t crack the rotation.

Advertisement
Mitchell is a classic high floor, low ceiling player. Physically ready to go immediately, but questionable how much better he will get. To be clear, I'd take him.

Well, I want recruits to beg to come to the U, instead of it being the other way around!!!

Advertisement
Apparently asa thinks hes able to get a hardship. If true and he does than no need to reach.

Even if he can't do you still think we would need to reach? I mean he can still redshirt and have 3 years of eligibility, and how much playing time would we honestly see from Jalen running behind Dallas, Lo, Cam, and Burns? Jalen might be a redshirt candidate if he came in.

So kids want to be Canes and we say **** em , but invest time the kids who want to troll us for months with every intention on ******* over the hometown team ?

Bold move Cotton , let’s see if it pays off .

I wanted to be a Cane out of high school too, guess what? I wasn’t good enough. Neither are these dudes

We have walk ons such as Marshall Few (love his work ethic) contributing on special teams. Why can’t fuller and sang come in and compete on that side of the ball if they aren’t in the 2 deep

For Mitchell, our RB depth is not guaranteed with transfers and injuries. Why not take a power back. No guarantee burns stays or stays healthy. Just my opinion.

Track speed doesn’t always correlate to a fast player in pads.

lol I wanna be a cane where is my scholarship? Just because you want to be a cane doesnt mean you can be **** Rex Ryan wanted to be our head coach
I get that not everyone should be a Cane because they want to be . Let’s not act like these kids aren’t good players and can’t be coached up and productive players at Miami . We had Fuller as a commit in the Past and the staff really wanted spaghetti for a long time as well . Now just because the tests like **** he’s a dud ? I’m not convinced .

Advertisement
If Martin’s waiver doesn’t get approved then Miami should take another RB with Mitchell being that guy. If they could snag Richards put him in a RB/WR role.

Advertisement
I wanted to be a Cane out of high school too, guess what? I wasn’t good enough. Neither are these dudes
I feel you... I really do. Mitchell was good enough for a OV fuller and Sang was good enough for offers early in the cycle. Testing numbers aside, you don’t believe their senior film is good enough to compete? Worse case scenario we have a stout scout team or they transfer to a school where playing time is a possibility

So kids want to be Canes and we say **** em , but invest time the kids who want to troll us for months with every intention on ******* over the hometown team ?

Bold move Cotton , let’s see if it pays off .

The only one that the above possibly applies to is Mitchell.

The other two had recruitment dramas.

Spaghetti reminds me of Nick Roberts for whatever reason. Everyone debated but we chose not pursue to due to combine related measurables. Just looked for point of reference (had no idea), Roberts had 72 tackles as a Freshman.

Bring me football players. Take him & Mitchell. Fuller might be a hard pass, sadly.

Advertisement
Back