Players social media (regarding fans)........

Shouldn't these fans that are DM'ing players telling them that they should be studying be at home studying ?

Advertisement
I’m not sure how many of you guys do this, but DM’ing players & voicing your opinions to them isn’t a good look at all (IMO). Not sure what the board’s opinion is on this, but I think it’s completely inappropriate for fans to “DM” players. (For example) kids are on Spring Break right now and we have fans DM’ing players that they should be back on campus “studying” instead of enjoying their break.

What are your guys thoughts on this?

don't interact with the players is my motto, but our fans are trash and pick fights, threaten their families (saw one make fun of richards for his neck injury), etc

We were all 18 before. Being able to die in a war doesn’t make them any less of a kid.
I'm not sure what you are getting at, as I never suggested anyone wasn't 18 at some point, or that it was ok to DM these guys. These are young adults, they may not be mature, but they can be sentenced to life, and fight for our country. They aren't pop Warner players, they are part of a multi billion dollar industry. They could avoid all of this by simply not being a scholarship athlete, or not using social media. This is a byproduct of those choices that while not cool, should be expected.

Advertisement
Players are free to turn off their messages, but that would then cut off communication w/ the IG models. A true conundrum.

Obviously DMing recruits is ******* stupid, and DMing players to say anything negative is really bad too.

But you can't control the idiots that do those things, and they are apart of EVERY sports fanbase in the world.

**** THIS **** SAD I HOPE YOU **** NYGGAS AIN'T ON THESE GITS PAGES TALKING ****.

MY GIT STARTHIGH SCHOOL NEXT YEAR HE ALREADY 6FT ABOUT 180 190 AND THAT **** CAN RUN I'M THE WRONG PARENT.

I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL SOME **** LIKE THIS HAPPENS. MY GITS DON'T GOT NO SOCIAL MEDIA **** OTHER THAN FACEBOOK.

Where you been?

Advertisement
**** THIS **** SAD I HOPE YOU **** NYGGAS AIN'T ON THESE GITS PAGES TALKING ****.

MY GIT STARTHIGH SCHOOL NEXT YEAR HE ALREADY 6FT ABOUT 180 190 AND THAT **** CAN RUN I'M THE WRONG PARENT.

I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL SOME **** LIKE THIS HAPPENS. MY GITS DON'T GOT NO SOCIAL MEDIA **** OTHER THAN FACEBOOK.
Whaaaaattttt?..........

You have to be a very special type of fan to do this kind of stuff. I trust the players are being guided to understand this.

Social media stalkers are creepy and weird af. Let these kids be young 18 year old college kids. If they aren’t working their *** off and grinding, then they aren’t gonna do **** in the field and all the social media talking won’t last.

Advertisement
Whaaaaattttt?..........
He said: **** this is sad, I really hope you guys aren't dm'ing these kids. His son is in 8th grade and is already big and fast. He's gonna **** somebody up if they dm his kid. They aren't allowed to have any social media except facebook.

keegan-michael-key1.jpg

He said: **** this is sad, I really hope you guys aren't dm'ing these kids. His son is in 8th grade and is already big and fast. He's gonna **** somebody up if they dm his kid. They aren't allowed to have any social media except facebook.

keegan-michael-key1.jpg
Thanks for translating...........it is appreciated.

Advertisement
CIS posters should be the last ones talking about fans DM’n players on Twitter or other social media. Y’all literally be stalking these boys twitter early as sophomores in high school under the guise of recruiting.

I’m stalking that hair you got in that pic right now.

I'll chalk this up to another example of the double-edged sword that is social media. As a society, we revel in oversharing, whoring ourselves out for 'likes', 'follows' etc. but then expect some sort of privacy from it. Do these players deserve to the harassed by fans all the time? IDK and frankly, it's a matter of opinion on the type of person you are. Some are in the 'fair game' camp and some are on the 'get a life' camp but I just want to make sure we don't forget that players themselves litter social media with posts to follow other players and show them love etc. Good with the bad, I suppose

I’m not sure how many of you guys do this, but DM’ing players & voicing your opinions to them isn’t a good look at all (IMO). Not sure what the board’s opinion is on this, but I think it’s completely inappropriate for fans to “DM” players. (For example) kids are on Spring Break right now and we have fans DM’ing players that they should be back on campus “studying” instead of enjoying their break.

What are your guys thoughts on this?

I think anyone posting on social media is a grade A douchebag to begin with

(Except for posting here and WEZ)

I mean I get It but that shts annoying to me (the fans response). Players don’t need you reminding them the sh*t every 5 minutes

Advertisement
Back