Players social media (regarding fans)........

I’m not sure how many of you guys do this, but DM’ing players & voicing your opinions to them isn’t a good look at all (IMO). Not sure what the board’s opinion is on this, but I think it’s completely inappropriate for fans to “DM” players. (For example) kids are on Spring Break right now and we have fans DM’ing players that they should be back on campus “studying” instead of enjoying their break.

What are your guys thoughts on this?
Some of the **** I see between myself and nephew makes me wanna send out a squad. Honestly this society would be soooooo much better off if we did a massive reset on some things. Social media has a heavy hand in destroying everything it touches.

Advertisement
I think it’s weird to DM these young men let them live their lives. I believe that the majority of these young men realize the opportunity that they have to play for the University of Miami and I feel that the majority of them will not squander the opportunity to succeed and gain fame at this level. We were the top story on ESPN when we were 10-0. They have to realize what that can do for their brand on an individual level right?

I’m not sure how many of you guys do this, but DM’ing players & voicing your opinions to them isn’t a good look at all (IMO). Not sure what the board’s opinion is on this, but I think it’s completely inappropriate for fans to “DM” players. (For example) kids are on Spring Break right now and we have fans DM’ing players that they should be back on campus “studying” instead of enjoying their break.

First, leave the players alone!

Second, what the heck is DM?

Spending one's time DMing players and getting in twitter wars with CFB players is prima facie evidence that one is not gainfully employed and probably poor as ****.

Realus and Dallas are the biggest Twitter front runners I’ve ever seen

The ****’s takin’in the most **** on twitter are the offensive players

Serious question. Why do you care what they do or say on twitter? I sure don’t.

I have real world problems and responsibilities and don’t care what 17-20 year old youngsters talk amongst themselves.

Grown *** men really shouldn’t be worried about it. I’ll look at the won loss record then use that as my guideline.

Advertisement
A lot of our "fans" are pure ****** ****** lame *** losers who think being a hall monitor on Twitter makes them a super fan.

Pay attention to the super uptight fans on here who are always losing their sh*t at what players post & think they should control players social media like livestock, those are the same idiots that would dm a player & tell them they should be studying while on Spring Break.

We have fans who think players only exist to entertain them, that as unpaid student athletes these kids sole purpose in life is to make sure that these half a retards are always pleased with their every action.

Get it through your thick skulls, these kids have social media & they're going to post, the coaches will not ban them from posting & they don't need your permission to post whatever the fck they want, if it really bothers you that much then stop following them.

I absolutely wouldn't do this, and would never say it is "ok" to do this but-

1. They are now not kids, they can die face down in the muck over seas at their age.
  2. This is one of the things that comes along with being a higher profile person than the run of the mill American that engages in social media.

In summation, it is pretty simple. If you give people access to you by being higher profile and engaging in social media, expect this kind of thing to happen.

If you are on SOCIAL MEDIA and do not expect PUBLIC ACCOUNTS to communicate with your PUBLIC ACCOUNT you have other issues going on.

Quick fix for the players who are butthurt by idiots (and they are IDIOTS) online. PUT YOUR ACCOUNT ON PRIVATE OR GET OFF IT.

I promise you and anyone else this really is not a complex problem.

Advertisement
A lot of our "fans" are pure ****** ****** lame *** losers who think being a hall monitor on Twitter makes them a super fan.

Pay attention to the super uptight fans on here who are always losing their sh*t at what players post & think they should control players social media like livestock, those are the same idiots that would dm a player & tell them they should be studying while on Spring Break.

We have fans who think players only exist to entertain them, that as unpaid student athletes these kids sole purpose in life is to make sure that these half a retards are always pleased with their every action.

Get it through your thick skulls, these kids have social media & they're going to post, the coaches will not ban them from posting & they don't need your permission to post whatever the fck they want, if it really bothers you that much then stop following them.

Fūcking preach.

Amen.

A-fūcking-men.

I agree. I was listening to Out The Huddle podcast and Romberg and DJ Williams said to encourage fans to message players on their social media. Their opinion was that players should stay in town, hit the gym, party in Miami as much as they want then repeat the next day (just as Romberg and Williams did back in the day). I think this is where some of those actions are coming from.

Advertisement
Serious question. Why do you care what they do or say on twitter? I sure don’t.

I have real world problems and responsibilities and don’t care what 17-20 year old youngsters talk amongst themselves.

Grown *** men really shouldn’t be worried about it. I’ll look at the won loss record then use that as my guideline.
Facts!!!!

I absolutely wouldn't do this, and would never say it is "ok" to do this but-

1. They are now not kids, they can die face down in the muck over seas at their age.
  2. This is one of the things that comes along with being a higher profile person than the run of the mill American that engages in social media.
In summation, it is pretty simple. If you give people access to you by being higher profile and engaging in social media, expect this kind of thing to happen.
We were all 18 before. Being able to die in a war doesn’t make them any less of a kid.

Advertisement
Amazing there even has to be topics around shît like this. Always lowest common denominator bûll shît.

Grown *** men need to be men and let them kids live their life......
I'm going to stay and study. While every other college guys are trying to get laid. Wtf.

I agree. I was listening to Out The Huddle podcast and Romberg and DJ Williams said to encourage fans to message players on their social media. Their opinion was that players should stay in town, hit the gym, party in Miami as much as they want then repeat the next day (just as Romberg and Williams did back in the day). I think this is where some of those actions are coming from.
CTE is a bytch.

Advertisement
Back