Players quit basically Manny said

Can understand the players being ****ed about the Irish but with Covid, everyone went through the same thing. There is no excuse for that defensive **** show.
That is a terrible reason to coast the rest of the season. So what, they didn't work hard enough to beat Clemson and get to the ACCCG or a CFP? Playing for an Orange Bowl is a huge win for this program and for themselves and instead of standing up the challenge they laid down. A bunch of mental midgets on this team, I swear. Every UNC athlete that touched the field looked like a goddamned Heisman candidate that night.

Advertisement
It's gotten to the point i'm equally worried in ref to who we currently have, vs who we'd get as replacements...You honestly want to leave that in Manny's hands and the Shalala Coffee retriever??
Heck no, but I gotta hope we would make a legit hire... I see ppl want Steele, but he couldn't do anything at clemson. Who are some legit options?

Advertisement
The players set out to win the ACC and make the CFP. Once that was out the window there wasn't much at stake for the players on Saturday aside from pride. It's no excuse for allowing 62 points and 800 yards, but you're fantasizing if you think the players care about playing in the OB, or any other meaningless bowl game. There's a reason none of us can remember or recite the results of last year's non-CFP NY6 bowl games. For them it's about winning the ACC. They were robbed of that opportunity and wallowed in their misery all week and afternoon.

In his interview this morning. Said they were emotionally exhausted.

I’m not here to bash the players and staph we got what we got. I think there is some validity to this comment by Diaz.

As someone else posted. Pandemic season, rules, regulations, games cancelled, no love from the media with ranking, ACC giving ND and Clemson no games at end to get them to the ACC championship, Ga Tech quitting etc.... all came to a head on Saturday and we saw it on the field.

Some of the players just quit. I’m sure they don’t even care about the bowl game. **** half the schools eligible already said the same thing and have opted out. Duke let their kids go home cause they were emotionally drained according to coach K.

It’s easy to keep piling on but this season has been a mess and these kids stuck it through when they really didn’t have to. Teams quit and players opted out all over the country. We finished 8-2 and up until Saturday it was pretty **** entertaining for a season some weren’t sure we would have.

let’s see if manny makes the staffing changes needed on defense and regroup for 2021. Lock in a potential top 10 class also.
Should have put in third string and lower, results would have been the same...that’s what a great coach would have done!

Advertisement

I’m not here to bash the players and staph we got what we got. I think there is some validity to this comment by Diaz.

As someone else posted. Pandemic season, rules, regulations, games cancelled, no love from the media with ranking, ACC giving ND and Clemson no games at end to get them to the ACC championship, Ga Tech quitting etc.... all came to a head on Saturday and we saw it on the field.

Some of the players just quit. I’m sure they don’t even care about the bowl game. **** half the schools eligible already said the same thing and have opted out. Duke let their kids go home cause they were emotionally drained according to coach K.

It’s easy to keep piling on but this season has been a mess and these kids stuck it through when they really didn’t have to. Teams quit and players opted out all over the country. We finished 8-2 and up until Saturday it was pretty **** entertaining for a season some weren’t sure we would have.

let’s see if manny makes the staffing changes needed on defense and regroup for 2021. Lock in a potential top 10 class also.

I believe it's 100% true. It's also 100% true that it is his highly compensated job to notice his players have no interest in playing. This is the second year in a row that his players have quit on him. What was the excuse when they quit against FIU last year? Once I can understand. Twice is a trend.

Sounds like he should have been smart enough to cancel the game but he really thought he could inspire a better effort from his players with a rousing speech. If you have a team that is emotionally exhausted when they have an opportunity to finish with one loss and a NY6 game, that is problem. At this point save whatever little dignity is left and skip the bowl. Just focus on figuring out how to keep Bama from winning more than 5 TDs. I would not be surprised if the line is Bama -35 when we open up next year.

Last edited:

Emotionally exhausted?
Really?
What a bunch of *****!

Advertisement
That’s nonsense and a foolish excuse to try and use. Especially in our case.

you still have a orange bowl nod your looking at and then on top of that what happened to proving people doubting you wrong. If anything it should’ve added motivation. They sure looked motivated against Duke.

you messed up playing 44 & 53 all them snaps. You wanted seniors to play on senior day when them youngsters balled out the week before. That’s how you get a team to quit on you making horrible decisions. If I’m doing what I’m supposed to do and I ride the bench but the dude in front of me is constantly messing up and literally sucks that will suck the air right out of you

Advertisement
Manny has is faults, but I think he makes a good CEO. The problem will be if he realizes that or not. If he doesn't make the move to fire the pretend DC he is submarining his career here. He needs to go get a good DC and let them bring in their system. Mack Brown knew exactly would work against that **** system we put in and had the two RB's to use it against us. At this time I'm willing to give Manny the benefit of the doubt that he will make changes needed, but in that interview he kept saying we cant judge the whole thing on one event. That makes me think and feel Baker will be the hill he dies on.

The players set out to win the ACC and make the CFP. Once that was out the window there wasn't much at stake for the players on Saturday aside from pride. It's no excuse for allowing 62 points and 800 yards, but you're fantasizing if you think the players care about playing in the OB, or any other meaningless bowl game. There's a reason none of us can remember or recite the results of last year's non-CFP NY6 bowl games. For them it's about winning the ACC. They were robbed of that opportunity and wallowed in their misery all week and afternoon.
This team is too good for the OB?

The last time we won a top tier bowl game was 17 years ago.

What a joke. Emotionally exhausted after a full week off from all team activities, then just a week of practice and a glorified scrimmage against Duke? My god it was senior day with a NY6 Bowl on the line, against a team you choked against last year.

These kids have no pride and apparently neither do any of the babysitters on the sidelines who call themselves coaches.
UNC played one more game

Advertisement
Back