Players leaving early

Loooooll this is hilarious man

And the bolded is my point, i respect that u admit it tho. But its funny u only see this one way, u dont see a world where them coming back could ruin their stock even more…But again it just proves yall really dont care about the stock of the players
My neighbor for the last 20 years is a very successful sports agent and I've discussed this with him a million times. It is practically ALWAYS in their best interest financially to return for another year if they aren't a 1st or 2nd round pick with the new CBA and especially now with NIL.

There are exceptions to every rule but they are exactly that ... exceptions.

I'd love to see your list of Miami guys that left early the last 10 years and clearly made the right decision in doing so.

And of course I want what is best for my school and the team I root for, and after players have given their all I will sure as **** support them and root for them in their next careers. It's hilarious that you are on a Miami Hurricanes message board and think that shouldn't be everyone's attitude.

Advertisement
What do you guys feel I’ll record would be if LT Williams and Kam stayed for this year with us getting cam ward

What do you guys feel I’ll record would be if LT Williams and Kam stayed for this year with us getting cam ward
We'd have a lot more depth and wouldn't have had to rely on the transfer portal unknowns.

It's also about culture. The Miami culture is as soon as you can leave do it.

Its going to be that much harder climbing back up the mountain when 75% of your draft eligible players leave as soon as they can regardless of what round they'll be picked.

We'd have a lot more depth and wouldn't have had to rely on the transfer portal unknowns.

It's also about culture. The Miami culture is as soon as you can leave do it.

Its going to be that much harder climbing back up the mountain when 75% of your draft eligible players leave as soon as they can regardless of what round they'll be picked.

I think NIL changes that for the good somewhat.

The IOL and safeties made sense to leave, positional value will always limit their ceiling unless they’re Linderbaum/Jamal Adams quality.

Leonard is the one who had the ability to improve his stock the most, but if he didn’t want to play school and wouldn’t be where he wants, it’s not a bad thing he left.

Advertisement
the NFL filters all the NFL ready players that knows what’s best for there families out and sends them home to there poor mothers to raise again.

They get a multi million dollar free (4) year ride yo be the the best they can be yet have one good year boom there a big boy and in done cases have trouble starting in CFB and still declare NFL ready .

It would be an interesting stat to see all the NFL ready kids that the NFL ignores and just plain say NO WE GOOD by.

This is just me ok :
I’d commit and sign then tell mom and dad I got (4) years to become a beast ( Restrepo ) I will be living at college 24/7 training and schooling taking classes year round.
I’ll see you at Christmas or you can visit but this college is were my dreams will come to life yo get me to the NFL.

But NO these children have never experienced NO and think life is a FREE LUNCH .

Not
For
Long
(NFL)

Then these NFL ready children end up in the bleachers /TV watching the team they should still be on as Restrepo finishes out his season as an All American all ACC and probably a 1-2 round NFL pick who came here as maybe average at best then became the BEST WR in the country.

See Restrepo knows what REALLY is BEST for his family 🙌🙌🙌🙌

GOCANES
You just said a bunch of stupid **** lol and continuing to confirm my point

If restrepo had a 1-2 round projection he would’ve left for the nfl he would have left too so thats a terrible example

And its kinda stupid and ignorant to say “send them back to their poor mothers” you don’t know these people man and don’t know their situation.

Who projected these guys to go first? Some people need to quit taking these goody mocks seriously. Most of those guys have no clue.

The question is could Kam came back got little quicker and faster? If he ran a 4.59 it would've looked so better. LT could've came back, and put together a great senior season filled with more consistent play.

I think @ssvir is right on the money. Miami getting back elite will take more mid round guys coming back.

You don't usually get worse as a football player. If you train and eat right, work hard you can always get better. Those people that say coming back won't help you if lauaghable to me.

If you are a top 32 pick then by all means go. Even then it would help if someone decided to stay every now and then.

Jared Verse was a first round pick, and he came back last year. I feel that would NEVER happen at Miami.

I will say this we need to recruit better athletes, and better athletic profile kids.

OT that can move and run like Francis Mauigoa. 6'7 340 pound OG like Tommy Kinsler that is a freaky athlete.

WR that can run like Ny Carr.

DTs that can move like Scott and Jones.

LB's than can run like Bobby Washington.

RB's with world class football speed like Chris Johnson. That is what we need more of.
Mario is recruiting much more physically imposing players and I think that will show in future combines.

My neighbor for the last 20 years is a very successful sports agent and I've discussed this with him a million times. It is practically ALWAYS in their best interest financially to return for another year if they aren't a 1st or 2nd round pick with the new CBA and especially now with NIL.

I'd love to see your list of Miami guys that left early the last 10 years and clearly made the right decision in doing so.

And of course I want what is best for my school and the team I root for, and after players have given their all I will sure as **** support them and root for them in their next careers. It's hilarious that you are on a Miami Hurricanes message board and think that shouldn't be everyone's attitude.
So you’re saying or believing every prospect that doesn’t have a first or 2nd round grade should just go back to college? And that will help their stock? Even tho some positions are just not valued as first rounders unless u are ELITE. That would be terrible advice to someone

Guys go 3rd - 5th round could still carve out a role in the league, even if its as low as practice squad. Thats still a check. Also u are assuming that schools will pay the nil that makes it worth risking another year in college. Schools will probably want to redirect that money to recruiting/portal and other rising players on their team

And yea of course u should want whats best for the team, we all do but you’re trying to mask throwing slander at our players making the decision they think is right because it doesn’t make u feel good about where the team is lol.

Also nfl hasn’t worked out for our recent guys because they haven’t been good players in general and they were underdeveloped here mentally and fundamentally..Not because they left early, staying wouldn’t have made a difference for most of these players because they just are who they are by year3

Then these NFL ready children end up in the bleachers /TV watching the team they should still be on as Restrepo finishes out his season as an All American all ACC and probably a 1-2 round NFL pick who came here as maybe average at best then became the BEST WR in the country.

See Restrepo knows what REALLY is BEST for his family 🙌🙌🙌🙌

GOCANES
Have you ever seen the NFL? No way you hit send on this.

Advertisement
Would playing an extra year of college football have made Kam Kinchens run a faster 40?

If the answer is no, there was no reason for him to have played another season here.

Your neighbor is right, but the problem is Taylor, Kam, and J will weren’t going to improve their stock playing another year in college.

Kam is who is he is. His game goes well beyond numbers and I think he will be a solid pro. A third 1st team all ACC or another all American season wasn’t going to change his athletic ceiling in one year.

J will. Maybe if he fully committed to be a linebacker and transformed his body. He’s the one I could understand an argument to come back

Taylor would have hurt his stock. More film that exposed his bad/lazy habits and this years DT class is thin. He had a great opportunity to showcase himself at the combine…now the testing numbers are going to match the effort.

So you’re saying or believing every prospect that doesn’t have a first or 2nd round grade should just go back to college? And that will help their stock? Even tho some positions are just not valued as first rounders unless u are ELITE. That would be terrible advice to someone

Guys go 3rd - 5th round could still carve out a role in the league, even if its as low as practice squad. Thats still a check. Also u are assuming that schools will pay the nil that makes it worth risking another year in college. Schools will probably want to redirect that money to recruiting/portal and other rising players on their team

And yea of course u should want whats best for the team, we all do but you’re trying to mask throwing slander at our players making the decision they think is right because it doesn’t make u feel good about where the team is lol.

Also nfl hasn’t worked out for our recent guys because they haven’t been good players in general and they were underdeveloped here mentally and fundamentally..Not because they left early, staying wouldn’t have made a difference for most of these players because they just are who they are by year3
Your response is total nonsense and what I expected from you when asked to provide facts.

Advertisement

If restrepo had a 1-2 round projection he would’ve left for the nfl he would have left too so thats a terrible example

And its kinda stupid and ignorant to say “send them back to their poor mothers” you don’t know these people man and don’t know their situation.
He didn't take into account that the norm isn't the Restrepo's of the world (and your point about Restrepo is correct, High projection , he gone).... The Norm is players leaving early and has always been that way.... Some too early... Again it's always been that way...

Would playing an extra year of college football have made Kam Kinchens run a faster 40?

If the answer is no, there was no reason for him to have played another season here.
Actually yes playing and preparing with for another year should most definitely result in getting bigger, stronger, and certainly faster.

It's laughable that people on here think a 21-year-old won't be better and more physically prepared for the NFL after an additional year of strength training, speed training, film study, etc.

Actually yes playing and preparing with for another year should most definitely result in getting bigger, stronger, and certainly faster.

It's laughable that people on here think a 21-year-old won't be better and more physically prepared for the NFL after an additional year of strength training, speed training, film study, etc.
For most players that's correct but there are some where it's more about timing.... Falling to the right team, used a certain way and such... Getting with a Pro workout program to help develop... I mean it's no guarantee this will fall into place like that but in some cases leaving early is a good move... and on the flipside there have been some that lost ground draft wise by staying...
To your point though, any player can always use an extra year to get better if they're not a solid day 1 pick...

Advertisement

Next year 1-2 I meant , remember I’m not as smart as you guys I’m lucky to be here with as little as I bring to the table.

Your neighbor is right, but the problem is Taylor, Kam, and J will weren’t going to improve their stock playing another year in college.

Kam is who is he is. His game goes well beyond numbers and I think he will be a solid pro. A third 1st team all ACC or another all American season wasn’t going to change his athletic ceiling in one year.

J will. Maybe if he fully committed to be a linebacker and transformed his body. He’s the one I could understand an argument to come back

Taylor would have hurt his stock. More film that exposed his bad/lazy habits and this years DT class is thin. He had a great opportunity to showcase himself at the combine…now the testing numbers are going to match the effort.
Ridiculous statement.

So Jaquan Johnson didn't get better coming back for a senior year and there was no way for KK to get better, smarter, bigger, faster, and stronger?

Williams has huge question marks and should have come back.

Taylor as well unless your expectation for him is to sign a four-year contract, get a 4th round signing bonus, and be cut during those four years. Maybe he's just immature and needed that Sr year to figure out he's lit his winning lottery ticket on fire.

Have you ever seen the NFL? No way you hit send on this.
No I haven’t but I was raised in the mist of many NFL alumni and trained by them was recruited by Miami,FSU and turds the big 3 they were called.
Made second team All Dade as a freshman played JV and varsity made 1st team All Dade as a sophomore I think honorable mention all state as sophomore also.

Trained by PaPa Nick Chickillo and Steve Alvers was on my till a devastating ankle dislocation torn tendon and nerve damage ended it all .

All my friends went on to NFL the list is long and distinguished it draws a WOW one became a hall of fame member.

Now there all like me closing in on late sixties or dead .

I have a pretty good idea on the NFL from a time 70’s that was lifetime ago .

I thank the Good Lord for the dreams I’m blessed with of a time the corner stones of Miami were being formed.

Look up Jack Harding a past Miami HC , I was raised by his family

Your right I never made but I had the fire in my heart to do it without a doubt

GOCANES

Advertisement
Back