Players leaving early

No I haven’t but I was raised in the mist of many NFL alumni and trained by them was recruited by Miami,FSU and turds the big 3 they were called.
Made second team All Dade as a freshman played JV and varsity made 1st team All Dade as a sophomore I think honorable mention all state as sophomore also.

Trained by PaPa Nick Chickillo and Steve Alvers was on my till a devastating ankle dislocation torn tendon and nerve damage ended it all .

All my friends went on to NFL the list is long and distinguished it draws a WOW one became a hall of fame member.

Now there all like me closing in on late sixties or dead .

I have a pretty good idea on the NFL from a time 70’s that was lifetime ago .

I thank the Good Lord for the dreams I’m blessed with of a time the corner stones of Miami were being formed.

Look up Jack Harding a past Miami HC , I was raised by his family

Your right I never made but I had the fire in my heart to do it without a doubt

GOCANES
That's dope. I will just say X will be limited on draft opportunity due to Ht, Wt. Speed. No matter the heart or drive he has. He may have an awesome career but he won't be drafted before Day 3. Nothing wrong with that.

Advertisement
Would playing an extra year of college football have made Kam Kinchens run a faster 40?

If the answer is no, there was no reason for him to have played another season here.

I don't know @DTP . I agree that for both KK and LT, coming back wouldn't have helped his NFL ratings in terms of on field. But those combine numbers were so atrocious you have to believe that if they spent a full year with a combine trainer they would have been able to put in impactfully better performances. And they had to have known they were at risk there.

That said, I've been thinking about this all day after reading about their combine results. And a clean break with the Manny past may be the best thing for the team, even if those guys are hard to replace. By my count, Manny kids still left are Redding, George, X, Arroyo, Rivers, Rodriguez, Zion Nelson, JHH, Chase Smith and Balom. And of those 10 kids, I could see as many as half gone by May.

Is getting drafted 3-5th round worth leaving school when you could maybe make as much in NIL?

TrumpyCane doesn’t think so
One year of NIL where you might make as much? I don’t know. It really depends on how much these kids are actually making with nil.

Actually yes playing and preparing with for another year should most definitely result in getting bigger, stronger, and certainly faster.

It's laughable that people on here think a 21-year-old won't be better and more physically prepared for the NFL after an additional year of strength training, speed training, film study, etc.
What would he do that would make him faster that he hasn’t been doing for three years?

What would he do that would make him faster that he hasn’t been doing for three years?
I'm sure there are small improvements that can be made to nutrition, strengthening core muscles, technique, etc but the biggest gains are for actual game speed having an additional year of experience and knowing what to expect allows for playing "faster".

I'm pretty sure Jaquan Johnson and Ed Reed got better in their senior years. I don't recall JJ ever being out of position his Sr year and that smarts has allowed him to remain on NFL rosters when he lacks the size/speed like KK.

Advertisement
I'm sure there are small improvements that can be made to nutrition, strengthening core muscles, technique, etc but the biggest gains are for actual game speed having an additional year of experience and knowing what to expect allows for playing "faster".

I'm pretty sure Jaquan Johnson and Ed Reed got better in their senior years. I don't recall JJ ever being out of position his Sr year and that smarts has allowed him to remain on NFL rosters when he lacks the size/speed like KK.
But he still would have run a 4.65 right? We’re just discussing combine numbers here though. Not actual games, right?

But he still would have run a 4.65 right? We’re just discussing combine numbers here though. Not actual games, right?
No the start of the thread was about guys leaving early when they should have stayed another year and then the ****** combine performance was the nail in the coffin.

Looks likely to be a miserable showing in the draft.

I don't want to hear that **** about "getting to the 2nd contract." I'd like to see how many 4-7th round guys actually make it to the 2nd contract.

Kam Kinchens - 2-3rd round
Leonard Taylor - 3-5th
James Williams - 4-6th
Matt Lee - 5-7th
Javion Cohen - 5-7th
7-6, nuff said.

Your response is total nonsense and what I expected from you when asked to provide facts.
There is no facts in this situation lol its all just assumptions and what’s point of naming players because when i do u will just nitpick and say they would have gon higher if they stayed another year which is the opposite of a fact so its funny u want facts to counter your opinion lol

Last edited:
Advertisement
There is no facts in this situation lol its all just assumptions and what’s point of naming players because when i do u will just nitpick and say they would have gon higher if they stayed another year which is the opposite of a fact so its funny u want facts to counter your opinion lol
Ahhh .... so after claiming "you don't know football or business" and undertones of racism you have nothing to back up your argument.

I figured as much.

Last edited:
Ahhh .... so after claiming "you don't know football or business" and undertones of racism you have nothing to back up your argument.

I figured as much.
Undertones of racism? The **** are u talking about?? I literally just said its clear u don’t care about the players. If u think thats me calling out an undertones then..thats just u admitting that u had one lmao cause thats far from what i meant. I never once mentioned race or anything inferring that cause that has nothing to do with this conversation

I said me naming players will be pointless not because there aren’t a bunch of guys that prove your theory wrong but because u really are just assuming ****, none of what u said is facts because there isn’t any set way to know how things will play out for each individual player that plays 3 years or 4 years

So if i tell u the players that left and were successful you will tell me them staying would have changed something when i think those guys are who they are and wont change their mindset or level of play with another year of college because most of them that leave early goal dont really care about where they are drafted they just are either done with college or are just stuck in their ways so they wanna cash out on any draft stock they do have

Undertones of racism? The **** are u talking about?? I literally just said its clear u don’t care about the players. If u think thats me calling out an undertones then..thats just u admitting that u had one lmao cause thats far from what i meant. I never once mentioned race or anything inferring that cause that has nothing to do with this conversation

I said me naming players will be pointless not because there aren’t a bunch of guys that prove your theory wrong but because u really are just assuming ****, none of what u said is facts because there isn’t any set way to know how things will play out for each individual player that plays 3 years or 4 years

So if i tell u the players that left and were successful you will tell me them staying would have changed something when i think those guys are who they are and wont change their mindset or level of play with another year of college because most of them that leave early goal dont really care about where they are drafted they just are either done with college or are just stuck in their ways so they wanna cash out on any draft stock they do have
In the last 10 years the only guys that left early that werent 1st or 2nd rd that had any career in the NFL were the three RBs (Duke, Homer, Dallas) and then Brevin Jordan. The rest were Jon Garvin, RJ McIntosh types and worse.

Your theory sucks.

In the last 10 years the only guys that left early that werent 1st or 2nd rd that had any career in the NFL were the three RBs (Duke, Homer, Dallas) and then Brevin Jordan. The rest were Jon Garvin, RJ McIntosh types and worse.

Your theory sucks.
That’s because In the last 10 years our talent has fallen off a cliff and sucked lol

Thats the reality of the situation, i dont think another year makes a difference for majority of the guys because they are legit not that good and thats why we haven’t been good either so yea

Advertisement

Yea he was projecting, it’s very common.

The 2017 Secondary is a great example of potential outcomes - Jaquan Johnson, Sheldrick Redwine, Michael Jackson played their Senior years in 2018.

Redwine - played better, tested great, was a 4th RD pick. Draft stock moved up.
Jaquan
- played the same, tested terribly, was a 6th RD pick. Draft stock stayed the same. No matter how well he played he'd always be a late pick because of athleticism
MJ - played worse, tested great, was a 5th RD pick. Draft stock dropped.

I don't want to hear that **** about "getting to the 2nd contract." I'd like to see how many 4-7th round guys actually make it to the 2nd contract.

Leonard Taylor - 3-5th
James Williams - 4-6th
Matt Lee - 5-7th
Javion Cohen - 5-7th
According to Pete ...

KK: 3rd
LT: 6-7th
JW: 5-7th
JC: 5-7th
ML: Late round/UFDA b/c of medical reasons

So basically LT and JW ****ed themselves.

Advertisement
According to Pete ...

KK: 3rd
LT: 6-7th
JW: 5-7th
JC: 5-7th
ML: Late round/UFDA b/c of medical reasons

So basically LT and JW ****ed themselves.
LT will be out of the league in 2 years. Nothing can motivate him and natural talent stops being effective once he hits the league.

doesnt matter when they left they are who they are but in cfb at least they could eat another year, pause

Leonard Taylor - 3-5th
James Williams - 4-6th
Matt Lee - 5-7th
Javion Cohen - 5-7th
Looks like I was TOO optimistic.

Advertisement
Back