Players leaving early

Who told u the bolded?.

Also a perswon tht has NEVER played LB would e coming back here in the hopes of starting at LB with one of the positions definately gone to Kiko and the other with a ton of guys about to battle Wes for it.

If James came back he would be our starting...SAFETY again.

If hes drafted int he 5th round so be it.

Hes about to live his dream of being a professional player i dont think hes going undrafted so.
It’s been mentioned in several podcasts and interviews. If you want a list, you’re free to Google away, I’ll start you with a couple names: Matt Shodell, Jim Nagy via Alex Donno.
Here’s a link to the second:

JW played LB at the Senior Bowl because he knows that’s his future. That said, I don’t disagree with some of your other contentions - specifically the part about him returning to only play safety again. However, if he can’t beat out either Kiko or Wes, he likely isn’t good enough to play LB in the league anyway. I get that if it turned out that way, JW likely doesn’t get drafted at all in 2025 and loses out. But… if he plays well, he likely moves up, maybe a lot. He also would get paid in 2024 at Miami so that’s worth considering.

At the end of the day, I get that it’s his decision, his dream to play on Sundays. I don’t think he made the best choice, but I’m also really pulling for him to succeed. As odd as it may seem, it is quite possible to have an opinion and also root against it.

Advertisement
who the **** was paying them 500k lol

jw wouldnt have played lb cause he still would of been our better safeties. **** he may not be playing lb in the league i think he just played it at sr bowl to get tape for scheme fits.

Lee and Cohen came here as 1 year rentals i dont know who was expecting multiple out of them its knd of the reason they came here.

KK already has 1st round production on the field.
#1 Cohen got paid several hundred thousand last year already. Do you think UM is paying Nigel Pack $400k per year and isn't breaking off top football players?

#2 Williams was atrocious tackling in Soph year (probably b/c of shoulder injury) and was significantly better his JR year.

#3 Tyrique Stevenson came as a 1 yr rental and then realized he should stay another year and improve his draft status. Kind of worked out for him, didn't it?

#4 KK is never sniffing the 1st round and in no way, shape, or form had 1st round production. Even his AA year he made it b/c of INTs while also routinely getting burned. Another year would have done him some good as well.

UM is trying to climb back up the mountain and if every draft-eligible guy leaves the first second someone waves a few bucks in front of their face it's going to be harder and take longer for UM to get back.

I haven't looked in depth at the Michigan roster but 5+ guys came back and they all likely improved their draft status. Same for Ohio State this coming year. If you aren't a 1st or 2nd round lock its better to come back in most cases than to leave early.

I have my opinion and you have yours.

#1 Cohen got paid several hundred thousand last year already. Do you think UM is paying Nigel Pack $400k per year and isn't breaking off top football players?

#2 Williams was atrocious tackling in Soph year (probably b/c of shoulder injury) and was significantly better his JR year.

#3 Tyrique Stevenson came as a 1 yr rental and then realized he should stay another year and improve his draft status. Kind of worked out for him, didn't it?

#4 KK is never sniffing the 1st round and in no way, shape, or form had 1st round production. Even his AA year he made it b/c of INTs while also routinely getting burned. Another year would have done him some good as well.

UM is trying to climb back up the mountain and if every draft-eligible guy leaves the first second someone waves a few bucks in front of their face it's going to be harder and take longer for UM to get back.

I haven't looked in depth at the Michigan roster but 5+ guys came back and they all likely improved their draft status. Same for Ohio State this coming year. If you aren't a 1st or 2nd round lock its better to come back in most cases than to leave early.

1.) Cohen got paid what he got paid BECAUSE he was a 1 year rental. Hs a ****** interior lineman what improvement or where are you expecting 4im to go other than middle rounds?.
On the bolded they arent breaking off a bunch of players an i hope you understand the difference in a basketball player and a gadang 1 technique dtackle.

2.) You cant tell me anything about James Williams i have known him since he was a 9th grader and one of em that told him he would be a de to which he would always high tail it away from me lol

3.) Tyrique stevenson was 6'0 205+ pounds at combine times here at um i think dude was 215 or so. Him coming back didnt actually help but showed some inconsistencies on his tape. Him coming back had alot more to do with injury and the 2022 being top heavy with 1st round LOCKS that wouldve been drafted over him no matter what.

4.) Kam Kinches had 6 ints in 2022....AND 2023. QUick fast name the safeties that are going over him at this moment?. He most DEFINATELY has 1st round production lol. Another year does nothing for him he has already shown he is a ball hawk from here on all he has to do is perform at the combine and run good.
An excerpt from 2 weeks ago:2/10/24: Kinchens was phenomenal in 2023. Despite missing time with a head/neck injury, Kinchens came back to the field and picked up where he left off in 2022 as an elite playmaker on the back end. In 2023 over 10 games played, Kinchens totaled 59 tackles, six interceptions and five passes batted. Kinchens needs to run well before the 2024 NFL Draft. Sources have said he could go as high as late in Round 1 or as low as Round 3. He isnt leaving the top 3 rounds no matter if he left this year or next year and after that scary injury i would be out

Kam should indeed leave. Hes one im not mad about leaving.

You know how u get guys to stay you win ****** games and hope to play for national championships. Aint nobody coming back to play for ateam that is staring at 8 wins.

Also you dont know if these suppozsed Michigan guys improved anything.

The guy i think should have came back was Leonard Taylor. But ithen i remembered when he signed he stated he will be here for 3 years. It is what it is.
But even Taylor may end up goinge arly because it apepears to be a weak dt class this year.

Everyone is NFL ready , here one good year your big boy now and NFL .

NFL always filters these children and spits them out quickly back to mommy and grandma to be forced raise them and all there babies since they know what’s best for there families.

The real STUDS / HEROES are the mothers and grandmothers who answer the knock at the door.

Hi mommy I need your help can I stay and bring all my babies NFL didn’t want me .

But what about your scholarship you have (2) more years ???? , well it’s NFL fault LOLOL

I feel for all the parents

I agree with you Williams probably has the most to gain by coming back ans changing to LB. But I don't look at it as an easy cut & dry decision.

The key for Williams would be not just have tape of him playing LB, but have GOOD tape of him playing LB.

Right now he's looked at as a Day 3 pick with potential to make the switch to LB - but he's a project.

If he played LB next year but was just OK/inconsistent - then he'd still be a Day 3 pick with that's a project with potential to make the switch to LB.

On top of that - would Mario want to play him at LB? It seems like we have a bigger hole at Safety next year, and it would be best for the team if Williams stayed at Safety. IMO that would be a conversation they'd have to have, but I don't know if Mario agrees to play him at LB based on that being his best NFL position. Would fans feel it's just as good, or better of a decision for him if he came back but transferred where he can be a full-time LB?

IMO - athletic testing is the best chance for Williams to improve his draft stock. He'll be looked at as a S/LB hybrid project either this year or next, but how athletic he is will determine how high teams will be willing to draft him/take a risk on that project.
The bolded is what matters everything else is tongue wrassling inr egards to James because most f the folks didnt like his game anyway.
His athletic profile and scheme fit will determine his drafting and even positioning because some teams may want to keep him at the safety spot.

Advertisement
Agreed with one point to consider - JW is not good in coverage.
Also, I don't think anyone thought Kam Chancellor was going to be anywhere near as good as he was. I don't disagree with you, simply pointing out that he is definitely an outlier.
Do your homework on Kam Chancellor .

He came out of VT when they were basically known for dbs and Mike Vick..they were in consideration for dbu honestly and he was a big dog on those teams.

Its about scheme fit in the nfl and if guys could kind of stay injury free.

James has a chance because despite what folks think he has a high football iq, if the correct dc gets him and can mold him we will see.

I thought Isaiah Simmons would be better than he has been but i dont know the outlier there. It just depends some guys main goal is to just make it to the league and it stops there. I dont see Simmons as his comp though. Maybe a Divine Deablo (VT) THE rAIDERS SEEM TO BE A SCHEME FIT FOR HIM, I THINK THE COWBOYS TO AND RAVENS.

I HAVE JAMES A S A MID ROUNDER REGARDLESS IF HE CAME BACK AND THATS DEPENDING ON HIS COMBINE WORK HE WAS GONNA BE 3RD-5TH ROUND.

WANT TO SEE HIM RUN GOOD...AT 6'4 225-230 HE WILL BE SETTING HIMSELF UP WELL NEED SUB 4.65 AT LEAST TO PUSH THAT 3RD ROUND BARRIER

Advertisement

I agree with what you say but coming into this season and until the last couple months KK and Taylor were projected to go in the 1st.I would imagine they saw themselves as so and made their decisions long ago and once their stock started nose diving they were not listening to anyone giving them sound advice.

Who projected these guys to go first? Some people need to quit taking these goody mocks seriously. Most of those guys have no clue.

The question is could Kam came back got little quicker and faster? If he ran a 4.59 it would've looked so better. LT could've came back, and put together a great senior season filled with more consistent play.

I think @ssvir is right on the money. Miami getting back elite will take more mid round guys coming back.

You don't usually get worse as a football player. If you train and eat right, work hard you can always get better. Those people that say coming back won't help you if lauaghable to me.

If you are a top 32 pick then by all means go. Even then it would help if someone decided to stay every now and then.

Jared Verse was a first round pick, and he came back last year. I feel that would NEVER happen at Miami.

I will say this we need to recruit better athletes, and better athletic profile kids.

OT that can move and run like Francis Mauigoa. 6'7 340 pound OG like Tommy Kinsler that is a freaky athlete.

WR that can run like Ny Carr.

DTs that can move like Scott and Jones.

LB's than can run like Bobby Washington.

RB's with world class football speed like Chris Johnson. That is what we need more of.

Advertisement
"Kinchens and Williams each ran a 4.65 40-yard dash on Friday. They tied for last among safeties. Kinchens and Williams had 1.59 10-yard splits. Kinchens and Williams tied for last with Jaylen Key of Alabama and Kitan Oladapo of Oregon State. Kinchens recorded a 35" vertical jump that was 15th among safeties.

Williams had a 9'9" in the broad jump and Kinchens recorded a 9'2". Williams was 16th in the vertical jump. Kinchens finished 20th and last in the broad jump. The numbers for Kinchens and Williams on Friday were a bit concerning."

Awesome Fun GIF by Tactical Baby Gear

Either yall are overrating our players or overrating what another year of college will really do for their stock.

But again like i said earlier, this convo isn’t really about the stock of players lol yall really dont care about that

Him coming back was gonna help him at the combine? Lol he is who he is man we gotta accept that
Yes it would have smart guy.

People get bigger, faster, and stronger in their early/mid-twenties.

You get one bite at the apple and with NIL opportunities the three so far have made what look to be **** decisions for themselves and more importantly for what I care about .... the Miami Hurricanes.

Advertisement

You get one bite at the apple and with NIL opportunities the three so far have made what look to be **** decisions for themselves and more importantly for what I care about .... the Miami Hurricanes.
Loooooll this is hilarious man

And the bolded is my point, i respect that u admit it tho. But its funny u only see this one way, u dont see a world where them coming back could ruin their stock even more…But again it just proves yall really dont care about the stock of the players

Kam will be in the league for 8-9 years even if not a starter

James will be in the league 3-4 years

LT I have no faith in and think he will be done in a few seasons

I still think Cohen will be an NFL starter and Lee will likely be a journeyman but will play for a while

I feel like LT was declaring for the NFL draft the second he committed to UM. Such a waste of talent.

Tom
Brady is faster at 46 than he was at 22.! I scoff at people who think you can't improve with speed and quickness training. Also proper diet

Loooooll this is hilarious man

And the bolded is my point, i respect that u admit it tho. But its funny u only see this one way, u dont see a world where them coming back could ruin their stock even more…But again it just proves yall really dont care about the stock of the players
the NFL filters all the NFL ready players that knows what’s best for there families out and sends them home to there poor mothers to raise again.

They get a multi million dollar free (4) year ride yo be the the best they can be yet have one good year boom there a big boy and in done cases have trouble starting in CFB and still declare NFL ready .

It would be an interesting stat to see all the NFL ready kids that the NFL ignores and just plain say NO WE GOOD by.

This is just me ok :
I’d commit and sign then tell mom and dad I got (4) years to become a beast ( Restrepo ) I will be living at college 24/7 training and schooling taking classes year round.
I’ll see you at Christmas or you can visit but this college is were my dreams will come to life yo get me to the NFL.

But NO these children have never experienced NO and think life is a FREE LUNCH .

Not
For
Long
(NFL)

Then these NFL ready children end up in the bleachers /TV watching the team they should still be on as Restrepo finishes out his season as an All American all ACC and probably a 1-2 round NFL pick who came here as maybe average at best then became the BEST WR in the country.

See Restrepo knows what REALLY is BEST for his family 🙌🙌🙌🙌

GOCANES

Advertisement
Back