Players expected Taylor Stubblefield to Leave

He gone, all recent follows are franklin , penn state coaches and penn state receivers
B0CF95D1-38F0-486E-BF28-D3839560E200.jpeg

Advertisement
If our guys can half *** catch and block we will all be happy. Nobody seems capable of teaching both

Advertisement
Slaughter coached a bunch of good players at Pace, including our very own Demarcus Van Dyke, Stephen Morris & Kayvon Webster.

He was also at LSU for 3 years under Les Miles as an assistant to Adam Henry & Frank Wilson. Adam Henry coached Odell Beckham Jr & Jarvis Landry at LSU, he also coached them in Cleveland & just got hired to be the Cowboys WR's coach. He brought Slaughter up to Cleveland with him as a coaching intern for a season.

Slaughter is actually an upcoming rising name in the business & talked about as the next coach to get bumped up from the Southland conference & into a D1 program.

He's not my first choice but he's not terrible either, it's just he's not a super established name guy that the board will like because most of yall only know coaches from Bama, UGA or Clemson.
Perfectly stated. If a coach isn't a big name from a P5 everyone freaks out cuz they're too lazy to do any research. Too many good coaches at smaller schools to completely overlook them all.

Stubbs wasn’t that bad of a coach but Like I always say we can do better everywhere. Looks like he’s gone so it is what it is. Notice he’s one of the only assistants we have that’s getting any real interest from a current top 10 program, that says something to me🤷🏾‍♂️. With that being said I’ll take Lamar Thomas for receiver coach right now or tee martin(pay him a big *** salary.

my top 5 receiver coach candidates

Tee martin
Reggie wayne
Andre Johnson
Lamar Thomas
Trooper Taylor

Yeah I know It’s off the radar but why not take a look at Reggie Wayne? I think He’s interested in coaching honestly. He was a volunteer coach for the colts the last couple years and coached the under armour game receivers with Ed Reed this year. Andre Johnson also just completed his first year coaching for the Texans. I know people don’t like hiring former players because they think they can’t coach but these two know the game as good as anyone. All options need to be explored.

You do not want Lamar Thomas. Trust me on that one.

Advertisement
Let me believe it's true let me lol

strange place one finds one in as a fan when you openly wish for the demise of your team because of hatred for the coach.

I wish Manny success because it will mean we are winning. If not Manny then whoever else comes along.

Advertisement
Young guy who has coached some **** good WR groups and has been apart of some successful O’s. I remember his days as a player as well. He would get us in the mix w these TX guys. I’d prefer a guy who is familiar and has had some success in SoFla on the trail but we could def do worse than this guy.

I think that reestablishing the Texas pipeline should be a priority. Miami has always done well hitting Texas for talent, the kids there are extremely receptive to what Miami offers. I'm a native Dallasite, and I'll say this: Whenever I go home, I still see a lot of people rocking Miami gear, even though the program has been mediocrity defined for awhile now. It's time to move beyond the "State of Miami" nonsense, because it's obvious that the glory days of the top end kids wanting to stay home isn't ever going to happen consistently ever again. They are mercs, and as long as programs like Clemson, Alabama and others can throw money their way, they'll take it. Time to start supplementing the local kids that do want to play, with kids from places like Cali and Texas. It's not an accident that a lot of the kids that have been the most consistent contributors of late have been OOS kids.

I think that reestablishing the Texas pipeline should be a priority. Miami has always done well hitting Texas for talent, the kids there are extremely receptive to what Miami offers. I'm a native Dallasite, and I'll say this: Whenever I go home, I still see a lot of people rocking Miami gear, even though the program has been mediocrity defined for awhile now. It's time to move beyond the "State of Miami" nonsense, because it's obvious that the glory days of the top end kids wanting to stay home isn't ever going to happen consistently ever again. They are mercs, and as long as programs like Clemson, Alabama and others can throw money their way, they'll take it. Time to start supplementing the local kids that do want to play, with kids from places like Cali and Texas. It's not an accident that a lot of the kids that have been the most consistent contributors of late have been OOS kids.

I’m with you bruh, the SoFla recruiting success is just a personal preference of mine but I wouldn’t frown one bit if we hired Carrier. That would be a grade A hire. I was raised in Houston and live here now but I was born in Irving and spent my early early child hood in Oak Cliff and have tons of family there still so I’m we’ll aware of the love this state has for UM. Houston to UM is an obvious upgrade for Carrier, he would have been offered and on his way to the Hecht right now if it were up to me lol.

Advertisement
I’m with you bruh, the SoFla recruiting success is just a personal preference of mine but I wouldn’t frown one bit if we hired Carrier. That would be a grade A hire. I was raised in Houston and live here now but I was born in Irving and spent my early early child hood in Oak Cliff and have tons of family there still so I’m we’ll aware of the love this state has for UM. Houston to UM is an obvious upgrade for Carrier, he would have been offered and on his way to the Hecht right now if it were up to me lol.

What part of Oak Cliff? I still have family over by SOC.

I want Lashlee to pick his team, let your coordinators build their groups, and let the HC hold the coordinators accountable for the results.

Is it too early to throw Leonard Hankerson's name out there as a potential candidate?

He coached WR's at UMass for 2 years when Whipple was their HC & was hired at Stephen F Austin (another Southland conference team) last year.

Obviously hasn't coached at a major D1 program yet but could be a future guy that comes back to CG.

And I know yall hate hiring former Canes on staff, which is understandable, but I wouldn't be against it given that he's started out learning the ropes on the smaller level & steadily getting more experienced as a coach.

I would at least bring him in as an analyst & see what he's got.

Hankerson? If you wanna get him, then go get the guy who actually taught him how to catch - Mark Duper lolz

Advertisement
Back