Players expected Taylor Stubblefield to Leave

Advertisement
Is it too early to throw Leonard Hankerson's name out there as a potential candidate?

He coached WR's at UMass for 2 years when Whipple was their HC & was hired at Stephen F Austin (another Southland conference team) last year.

Obviously hasn't coached at a major D1 program yet but could be a future guy that comes back to CG.

And I know yall hate hiring former Canes on staff, which is understandable, but I wouldn't be against it given that he's started out learning the ropes on the smaller level & steadily getting more experienced as a coach.

I would at least bring him in as an analyst & see what he's got.

Advertisement
Is it too early to throw Leonard Hankerson's name out there as a potential candidate?

He coached WR's at UMass for 2 years when Whipple was their HC & was hired at Stephen F Austin (another Southland conference team) last year.

Obviously hasn't coached at a major D1 program yet but could be a future guy that comes back to CG.

And I know yall hate hiring former Canes on staff, which is understandable, but I wouldn't be against it given that he's started out learning the ropes on the smaller level & steadily getting more experienced as a coach.

man I got a lot of love for Hankerson. I don’t know if anybody in recent history worked harder to improve their skill.

Now that I can get behind. I have no problem bringing back former Canes who are showing promise as assistants in an analyst role, in fact I encourage it.

It’s just the idea that some have of blindly assigning them to a major coaching role regardless of qualification cause we “need” to bring them back home that frustrates me.

I love the way you think but honestly, hankerson is still too raw to be a wr coach at Miami. We can't take more risks on guys like him at this point of his career (no offense to him). We need a proven coach AND recruiter.

Advertisement

Yeah, I've been following since his UMASS stint.
He coached a WR (Andy Isabella?) who had a very good senior season.
Whipple wanted to bring him to Pitt last offseason but the HC went with Chris Beatty, who
is a good recruiter, especially southeast VA (was Percy Harvin's hs coach).

Though UM isn’t commenting, some players are fully expecting receivers coach Taylor Stubblefield to move on after one year with the program.

According to footballscoop.com, Penn State is targeting Stubblefield to become its new receivers coach. Stubblefield, a former All-American receiver at Purdue, previously coached at Air Force, Wake Forest, New Mexico, Central Michigan, Illinois State, Eastern Michigan and Central Washington, as well as in the Canadian Football League.

Among the potential candidates to replace him: Northwestern State receivers coach Alvin Slaughter, a former LSU assistant who previously led Miami’s Monsignor Pace to four districts championships and a regional championship as head coach. And others will be considered, too, if Stubblefield leaves, as players expect.

Barry Jackson
Fack Barry Jackson and his fake ***. Dudes addicted to the drama.

Go Canes!!!!!!!!

Lands Rhett Lashlee.

Is about to land a QB that scored 50 TDs in 11 games.

Is offloading his garbage WR coach without having to lift a finger.

Manny is having the greatest off season of his life.

Is that a positive Diaz comment i just heard from you?

Boys break out the Bacardi & ice...**** just froze over

Advertisement
Advertisement
That's the same thing we all said last off season.

True but a lot of it was unfounded. It was a combo of Manure overly hyping everything and our homer fans buying in.

Enos was an awful hire and a guy who had one fringe top 25 offense in like 8 seasons of coaching. Tate's production in college was nothing but some throws vs Rutgers.

Lashlee was just the OC for a top 10 scoring and total offense, and the last time King played he scored 50 TDs in 11 games as the trigger man for a top 10 total offense.

His offseason isn’t the problem.....it’s the in season.

I still think Manure is an excuse-making nerd and probably finds a way to F this all up but objectively speaking Lashlee and King >>> Penos and Tate.

The proven on-field production and overall style of play are actual reasons for fans to get excited this year if they want to, last year was all Manny hype.

Oh and that triple option geek leaving is just a blessing no matter how you slice it.

Stubbs wasn’t that bad of a coach but Like I always say we can do better everywhere. Looks like he’s gone so it is what it is. Notice he’s one of the only assistants we have that’s getting any real interest from a current top 10 program, that says something to me🤷🏾‍♂️. With that being said I’ll take Lamar Thomas for receiver coach right now or tee martin(pay him a big *** salary.

my top 5 receiver coach candidates

Tee martin
Reggie wayne
Andre Johnson
Lamar Thomas
Trooper Taylor

Yeah I know It’s off the radar but why not take a look at Reggie Wayne? I think He’s interested in coaching honestly. He was a volunteer coach for the colts the last couple years and coached the under armour game receivers with Ed Reed this year. Andre Johnson also just completed his first year coaching for the Texans. I know people don’t like hiring former players because they think they can’t coach but these two know the game as good as anyone. All options need to be explored.

Last edited:
Stubbs wasn’t that bad of a coach but Like I always say we can do better ever where. Looks like he’s gone, we can do better though so it is what it is. I’ll take Lamar Thomas for receiver coach right now or tee martin(pay him a big *** salary.

my top 3 receiver coach candidates
Tee martin
Lamar Thomas
Trooper Taylor
Agreed. We definitely need a better recruiter at WR coach than we had under Stubblefield.

Advertisement
Back