Player Development under Golden

Advertisement
good analysis except one error. you do not personally know whether he received terrible advice. i am in the "advice" business and i advise people what to do all day long. many times they do not follow it and they fall on their face. they received good advice but made the wrong decision. washington could have been given great advice and said "i'm going anyways." we dont know.

my personal opinion, he should've stayed, but that's behind us and i'm looking forward.

See below. It is clear he was not pushed to stay in school and that there was bad advice.

“If I knew I was going to be drafted that low, I would’ve stayed in school..."

"Brandon Washington was told he could be drafted as early as the second round. If not the second, surely the third. Worst case scenario, the fourth.

Washington talked it over with his family, considered his options and decided to take the plunge.
He would leave the University of Miami one year early and enter the NFL draft.

You can imagine the sinking feeling in Washington’s stomach as he watched the draft unfold. He was not selected in the second round. Or the third. Or the fourth. Or the fifth..."

thanks for the quote. my general point is that we never know what goes on behind the scenes and we can only guess. he might have said that to cover his butt or his family and agent did indeed give him bad advice. we will never really know.

good analysis except one error. you do not personally know whether he received terrible advice. i am in the "advice" business and i advise people what to do all day long. many times they do not follow it and they fall on their face. they received good advice but made the wrong decision. washington could have been given great advice and said "i'm going anyways." we dont know.

my personal opinion, he should've stayed, but that's behind us and i'm looking forward.

See below. It is clear he was not pushed to stay in school and that there was bad advice.

“If I knew I was going to be drafted that low, I would’ve stayed in school..."

"Brandon Washington was told he could be drafted as early as the second round. If not the second, surely the third. Worst case scenario, the fourth.

Washington talked it over with his family, considered his options and decided to take the plunge.
He would leave the University of Miami one year early and enter the NFL draft.

You can imagine the sinking feeling in Washington’s stomach as he watched the draft unfold. He was not selected in the second round. Or the third. Or the fourth. Or the fifth..."

thanks for the quote. my general point is that we never know what goes on behind the scenes and we can only guess. he might have said that to cover his butt or his family and agent did indeed give him bad advice. we will never really know.

We know what he said, whether true or not, we know what he said. So he said he was told he would be drafted in the 2nd-4th rounds. Seems like he got some bad advice because who ever said that was way off.

The bottom line is this kid made a bad decision. He should have sought after better advice.

Advertisement
Back