• Coral Gables Senior High School

Votes: 32 6.9%
  • Tropical Park

Votes: 300 64.5%
  • None of the Above

Votes: 71 15.3%

• Total voters
Advertisement

Has he not been to the Marlins stadium? They are embedded in concrete.

1644278732909.png

1644279098993.png

1644278748778.png

1644278765644.png

1644278801647.png

1644279133471.png

Last edited:
Hear me out.

Tropical Park, of course. But with ticket pricing that’s fan friendly AND Miami-era restaurants surrounding the stadium: Wolfie’s, Joe’s Stone Crab, Egg and You for the Broward people (maybe an Elbo Room bar?). SLoppy Joe’s and other Florida themed bars and Cane themed bars and concessions. Basically a Cane Disneyworld. Retractable roof, palm trees at the East End zone, high arc seating to increase volume. You want the downtown to be in view so they can light up the buildings Orange and Green for the big night games.

But you’ve got to pack the fans in like sardines, to do that you need family friendly pricing not NFL pricing. Oh, and parking garages.

Advertisement
You faqqits realize Tootsie’s is 5 minutes away from our current stadium?????

Hmmmm...tough choice but gotta go...
1. Left Center- Better, well proportioned curves. Graspable long hair a plus.
2. Left- Close second, but I wouldn't be able to reach!
3. Right Center- Burgundy hair would distract
4. Right- Dunno...a lot is off there.

Lol. No they’re not. Once Ruiz started grandstanding you knew some “plans” would be drawn up. Next you’ll hear about “discussions” or “negotiations.” It’s all smoke and mirrors to build some goodwill.

Would love to see it, but ain’t no stadium going up in Tropical Park, or anywhere else for that matter.

Advertisement
I've said it once and I'll say it again, please don't just build a stadium. Build an entertainment center akin to City Walk at Universal with shops and restaurants. Make it a place you can spend all day. In lieu of being on campus that's the next best thing. Utilize the water features to set a stage overlooking a lake and the stadium, put a bunch of palm trees, and let Gameday show that scene on the broadcast. See how many people rag Miami over their stadium when that happens. Make it a **** event site and something the city can use year round.

Do something different than the boring old stadium surrounded by parking. Build parking garages with green space on top for tailgating. Make it exciting. Make it Miami.

HC8309-unistu-cws-uocitywalk-1261x685px.jpg

Universal-CityWalk_sydneymbush-e1628261591735-940x712.jpg

I've looked into this and thought the area just north of the Earlington Heights Metrorail station would be perfect. The box outlined by 41st street, NW 22nd Ave, NW 25th Ave, and NW 46th St could be acquired for somewhere in the 60-80M range as it's all single family homes and I'm sure the neighborhood would like the economic stimulus the stadium would bring. It's also in the heart of Miami, near 2 Metrorail stops, and the Park and ride story parking garage. More garages could be added along 41st st next to the airport expressway. A easy ride from both UM Med and UM CG campus'.

1644302093309.png

I've looked into this and thought the area just north of the Earlington Heights Metrorail station would be perfect. The box outlined by 41st street, NW 22nd Ave, NW 25th Ave, and NW 46th St could be acquired for somewhere in the 60-80M range as it's all single family homes and I'm sure the neighborhood would like the economic stimulus the stadium would bring. It's also in the heart of Miami, near 2 Metrorail stops, and the Park and ride story parking garage. More garages could be added along 41st st next to the airport expressway. A easy ride from both UM Med and UM CG campus'.

View attachment 177102
Yes, but have you read how many people on this thread detest taking anything but their cars and want smooth traffic and parking?

Advertisement
Can someone name me a stadium where you can go to a game and NOT have to deal with crazy traffic before and after the game ?
There’s a difference between taking 45 minutes to get out of the parking lot at Hardrock and waiting 3 hours in traffic on US1 just to get into the stadium.

After games at Hardrock, I go back to my truck, open the cooler and enjoy some food and maybe a beer while everyone is filling out. After about a half hour or so, I hop in and drive right to the turnpike on-ramp and leave the stadium. From the lot to the turnpike is like 5 minutes.

Hear me out.

Tropical Park, of course. But with ticket pricing that’s fan friendly AND Miami-era restaurants surrounding the stadium: Wolfie’s, Joe’s Stone Crab, Egg and You for the Broward people (maybe an Elbo Room bar?). SLoppy Joe’s and other Florida themed bars and Cane themed bars and concessions. Basically a Cane Disneyworld. Retractable roof, palm trees at the East End zone, high arc seating to increase volume. You want the downtown to be in view so they can light up the buildings Orange and Green for the big night games.

But you’ve got to pack the fans in like sardines, to do that you need family friendly pricing not NFL pricing. Oh, and parking garages.
Lol. You want to build not only an incredible state of the art stadium but surround it with high end, fine dining establishments? And you want the ticket prices to be cheap?

The guys wanting to build a stadium on campus are more realistic.

I've said it once and I'll say it again, please don't just build a stadium. Build an entertainment center akin to City Walk at Universal with shops and restaurants. Make it a place you can spend all day. In lieu of being on campus that's the next best thing. Utilize the water features to set a stage overlooking a lake and the stadium, put a bunch of palm trees, and let Gameday show that scene on the broadcast. See how many people rag Miami over their stadium when that happens. Make it a **** event site and something the city can use year round.

Do something different than the boring old stadium surrounded by parking. Build parking garages with green space on top for tailgating. Make it exciting. Make it Miami.

View attachment 177100

View attachment 177101
I wish we could have something that nice!! WOW

Advertisement

View attachment 177100

View attachment 177101
Universal can justify the excavation and maintenance because their income stream is constant. Compare that to an event based venue who would have 6 home games a year and some other events sprinkled annually.

I believe if it was like an Outlet Mall situation, people would come and shop and enjoy whatever else is there. The bonus is the games played there.

Lol. You want to build not only an incredible state of the art stadium but surround it with high end, fine dining establishments? And you want the ticket prices to be cheap?

The guys wanting to build a stadium on campus are more realistic.
If the Stadium project is paid for, then more affordable ticket pricing is a reasonable objective to attain for most games.

Cough, cough. SoFi stadium ya say, huh? I wonder who on this board continued to harp on SoFi stadium location & how it happened. Hmmmmm.

Oh, I absolutely know it. It's like nobody from SoFla can have a rational conversation about a stadium, everyone has a race to see who can say "It's never gonna happen" first and loudest. We need people who live in other places to even kickstart the conversation of how to accomplish such a thing.

Advertisement
Back