Pitt vs The U

Advertisement
The difference between an elite team and a good team is one that can close out decent teams both home and away. Miami hasn't shown the ability to consistently close out solid teams on the road. You look at it, Miami takes care of business today and last Saturday, this is a completely different stretch. Now, Miami can't afford to have any issues in regards to beating the dregs on the schedule. Now Miami HAS TO sweep FSU and Louisville. Miami holds home court, things will be fine, but this was a win they had, and just couldn't close out.

4-4 on the road this year (1-1 neutral site games). 11-0 at home. Road games left are Clemson, UNC, VT. Thankfully we have 6 home games left. I'm sure it won't work out like this, but if we lose the road games and win the home games, finishing 6-3, that would make Miami 22-8, 13-7. Probably not top 4 finish. Obviously easily in the tournament, but probably a 6-8 seed.

Advertisement
Tough loss. We face Pitt at home the last game of the season - I expect appropriate revenge.

Home vs. VT before heading on the road to Clemson. Big week ahead, 2-0 necessary to stay in ACC Title hunt

Go Canes!
Badly need fsu to beat Clemson today. Clemson has an easy schedule

Vtech wins tonight and they are going to start feeling good about a late run. They have a few of the bottom feeders coming up after us.

Advertisement
Should have used a few of our fouls before they got the put back that made it 68-62. Forced a minute off the clock less opportunities for us to mess it up. Pitt made big plays when they needed to.

Is it on the coaches? I don’t think so, there’s a play there that the players aren’t executing. On the road especially.
Then find a new play that will work for these players. You can blame players when it happens once or twice.. not when it’s happened at least four times in 3-4 weeks. And I’m not trying to trash coach L but it falls on his shoulders as head coach.

Advertisement
I've said it once and I'll say it again: It's amazing reading this board after losses. Good lord is it beyond comical. The same team that pulled out close wins over solid teams earlier in the season magically doesn't have that killer instinct because the law of averages kicked in. I'm frustrated about today because Miami just needed two good possessions to close out Pitt and couldn't get them, but come the F on. We have people blaming L for not playing Wong 40 minutes, we have people throwing up nonsense like "Clutch Gene" and "They wanted it more". Effort wasn't an issue tonight, execution was. Stupid turnovers late, missed layups. Finish the game. Period. Frankly, had Miami been up 12-15 coming down the stretch like they SHOULD have been, Pitt's late push wouldn't have mattered. When you have a team down double digits, that's when you finish them off. Right then and there. Miami got lax and forgot that every game in the ACC will be a fight, if you allow it to be. Don't hold a team like Pitt up, punch them into submission.

Team doesn’t deserved to be ranked. Go 2-0 next week then yes. But they have Clemson next weekend on the road.
Clemson trailing late vs FSU, lol. Anyway, I agree we COULD go on a run, and end up very high in March. We have the ingredients. But I don't expect it and it would be a (very pleasant) surprise. Also pretty likely we will get a March invite, just maybe 9 not 4 or 5. Really doesn't matter, if we don't play well, what it is.

Advertisement
Team doesn’t deserved to be ranked. Go 2-0 next week then yes. But they have Clemson next weekend on the road.

Sure they do. #15 Auburn lost to a mediocre WVU team and lost to TAMU, so they're 0-2 this week. #13 Xavier lost to a mediocre Creighton team. Iowa State was blown out by Missouri. #18 Charleston lost to Hofstra. We're not the only team that lost this week. Even #2 Alabama was blown out by a bad Oklahoma team.

So many teams ahead of us lost today, had we won and went 2-0 this week we would’ve been top 15. This team straight up doesn’t know how to capitalize.
Why does our fanbase worry so much about the polls? They serve no purpose. This isn't football. Miami winning in the ACC is what matters. Win as many conference games as humanly possible, run though the tournament, hope for a decent seed.

Pitt will now be in the tourney based off this win, at least for now. Not the end of the world.
Pitt is a good team. It's not losing to Pitt that's frustrating, it's Pitt ending the game on an 11-0 run, and Pitt trailing since like the 12 minute mark of the first half until 25 seconds left. That's the hard part to swallow.

Pitt is a good team. It's not losing to Pitt that's frustrating, it's Pitt ending the game on an 11-0 run, and Pitt trailing since like the 12 minute mark of the first half until 25 seconds left. That's the hard part to swallow.
Our players are inconsistent and so we are inconsistent. On any given night or part of the game, don't know which team we will see, the good team, very good team, or the team that at times sucks. At least its watchable.

Advertisement
Back