Pitt vs The U

Advertisement
Pitt is a good team. It's not losing to Pitt that's frustrating, it's Pitt ending the game on an 11-0 run, and Pitt trailing since like the 12 minute mark of the first half until 25 seconds left. That's the hard part to swallow.
For sure, we gave one away against a solid team on the road. Lost opp for sure.

Why does our fanbase worry so much about the polls? They serve no purpose. This isn't football. Miami winning in the ACC is what matters. Win as many conference games as humanly possible, run though the tournament, hope for a decent seed.

I mean they go hand in hand, plus polls have a subliminal effect on the committee when they’re seeding the bracket

Advertisement
I mean they go hand in hand, plus polls have a subliminal effect on the committee when they’re seeding the bracket
The committee practically ignores the polls when they make their decisions. It's the other advanced metrics that matter. We all know that the polls are a joke, because the people voting on them aren't putting much thought or attention into them. It's something for sports radio and marketing departments. If Miami takes care of business coming down the stretch, they will be fine in regards to seeding, no matter what the pollsters think. We've seen this time and time again, teams ranked highly not get the seeds you'd think they would get, while teams that aren't well thought of by the pollsters get love when it matters, because they check the boxes in regards to analytics.

I'm sorry, I love Larranaga, but this type of thing (blowing big leads and **** poor execution down the stretch) has been typical of his teams for a long time now. I don't know if it's Coach L or the type of kids he recruits, but what happened today is way too common.
Tell me you don't watch Miami basketball, without telling me. Miami throughout the L tenure has historically been quite solid coming down the stretch. There's a reason why Miami coming into today hadn't lost this season when leading at half. Let that marinate. Hardly a team that comes apart down the stretch. That said, the last 3 road games have been an issue. Solid teams, Miami had a chance to win all three. The law of averages will kick in, especially when you aren't an overwhelmingly elite team.

Joseph, Beverly, Joseph, Miller, and Omier were the five that should have been on the floor in the last 2 minutes.

If it gets within 3 sub Pack and Poplar for offense then back to Beverly and Joseph for defense.

Then on top of it, after two previous games of going to Wong to win on the final shot and botching it, L does it again.

One of Coach L's worst roster management and coached games since he's been here.

Last edited:
I know everyone is ****ed and rightfully so. Tough loss. But Pitt was 3rd in the league halfway through the season - they are not bad.

The margins are small.

Right after the refs called a kick ball on Omier, the Pitt player (pretty clearly to me) used his knee to block Wong’s pass when they stole the ball and took the lead.

Then Wong got absolutely hacked on the drive. Pitt obviously came down hard on his shooting arm before the block.

Then they blew the inbound pass.

Hope the team learns and figures out how to close these games.

But, again, the margins are small and everything went against the team in the last minute.

Advertisement
Certain posters here don’t like how I bash certain players. Well when you are in college making 6 figures to play basketball and constantly choke down the stretch then yea I’m going to be critical of you.

Will admit Poplar played well in the second half, we all know Walker is useless, and Wong has been inconsistent his entire career. Makes NBA type plays one game and then the other game looks like a JV player.

I know everyone is ****ed and rightfully so. Tough loss. But Pitt was 3rd in the league halfway through the season - they are not bad.

The margins are small.

Right after the refs called a kick ball on Omier, the Pitt player (pretty clearly to me) used his knee to block Wong’s pass when they stole the ball and took the lead.

Then Wong got absolutely hacked on the drive. Pitt obviously came down hard on his shooting arm before the block.

Then they blew the inbound pass.

Hope the team learns and figures out how to close these games.

But, again, the margins are small and everything went against the team in the last minute.
I wish you would just stop complaining about the refs for like one second. Put the blame on some of these players.

Advertisement
Larranagas' worst coached game of the season. Know he likes to take out the hot guy, but his was pathetic.

Poplar starts with two threes benched, Pack makes two threes benched, Miller 6 for 7 benched. Keep a guy in until he misses at least.

Why he kept going to Wong down the stretch was spectacularly stupid.

Wong has muffled at least 3 games in the last mins

Advertisement
I think the team needs a root canal and the coach has just plain lost all his teeth. That was about as poor of a showing being up 8 pts with 2 minutes. A total collapse. We are just a little better than average and most of us will use this game as the poster child for why that is. 🥲

Joseph, Beverly, Joseph, Miller, and Omier were the five that should have been on the floor in the last 2 minutes.

If it gets within 3 sub Pack and Poplar for offense then back to Beverly and Joseph for defense.

Then on top of it, after two previous games of going to Wong to win on the final shot and botching it, L does it again.

One of Coach L's worst roster management and coached games since he's been here.
Actually, they went to Miller which was the set play. Pitt fouled him on the floor because they had one to give. Then denied Miller the ball on the next inbounds pass.

Advertisement
Back