Pitt vs The U

This sucks but this board is so dramatic.

We win close wins and lose close wins.

We’ve lost by a combined 7 points our last 3 games. The only games we should’ve won are GT and this one, not sure what happened. Pack shooting that weird layup that leas to a transition 3 changed things
My man that 7 combined pt line is useless. They couldn’t get shots off and gave the ball away. Giving up 11 straight points late to lose is inexcusable.

Advertisement
So everyone should be happy since the losses are all close?

This is like the sunshine pumpers on the baseball board. “We’re fine. UF’s players are on scholarship too”. Disgusting.
It’s pathetic. People here would rather ***** about the refs or other posters for being critical. Can’t stand the homers here.

Tough loss. We face Pitt at home the last game of the season - I expect appropriate revenge.

Home vs. VT before heading on the road to Clemson. Big week ahead, 2-0 necessary to stay in ACC Title hunt

Go Canes!

I thought this team was unique because it didn’t get rattled. I think it’s more that we don’t have a killer instinct. A bunch of nice kids who are good basketball players that are coached well. But we don’t have a killer.

our guys have to realize we are now the resume builder. They better bring it for 40 every time they take the court.

But i do have to say if you gave us even a mediocre 7footer like that Federico kid we’d prob be 20-2. Despite our lack of fire

And each loss they are dumb af down the stretch and my biggest irk.. they don’t even get final possession shots off! They’ve done it four times (twice today) at least. That’s on coaches
Is it on the coaches? I don’t think so, there’s a play there that the players aren’t executing. On the road especially.

Advertisement
Larranagas' worst coached game of the season. Know he likes to take out the hot guy, but his was pathetic.

Poplar starts with two threes benched, Pack makes two threes benched, Miller 6 for 7 benched. Keep a guy in until he misses at least.

Why he kept going to Wong down the stretch was spectacularly stupid.

This is how you could tell that some people here don’t know **** about basketball and are true homers. You didn’t care to mention Wong ****ing his pants down the stretch?
You’re legitimately the most whiniest person on this board, I’m not sure how you are in real life but holy ****. You complain from the JUMP in games. “Player X sucks” “Coach L doesn’t get it”

Like bro if you think they all suck and this team sucks then stop watching them. You have control over your own emotions.

Without Wong we probably aren’t in the lead most of the game, but yes, the iso ball with him at the end wasn’t great. It’s January. This team continues to learn and grow from these types of close road games.

Advertisement
When I saw the ending of the Cornell game, I knew this team would have issues closing games out the rest of the year. Could have easily won those 4 ACC games if we didn’t **** our pants.

We have some soft tendencies with handling the ball and looking for calls that you can't expect to get late in the game.

Advertisement
You’re legitimately the most whiniest person on this board, I’m not sure how you are in real life but holy ****. You complain from the JUMP in games. “Player X sucks” “Coach L doesn’t get it”

Like bro if you think they all suck and this team sucks then stop watching them. You have control over your own emotions.

Without Wong we probably aren’t in the lead most of the game, but yes, the iso ball with him at the end wasn’t great. It’s January. This team continues to learn and grow from these types of close road games.
Alright buddy keep being a homer. Never *****ed about Jim once but ok.

How do you know they are learning and growing?

I thought this team was unique because it didn’t get rattled. I think it’s more that we don’t have a killer instinct. A bunch of nice kids who are good basketball players that are coached well. But we don’t have a killer.

our guys have to realize we are now the resume builder. They better bring it for 40 every time they take the court.

But i do have to say if you gave us even a mediocre 7footer like that Federico kid we’d prob be 20-2. Despite our lack of fire
Hehe, I was thinking dang if they had Federiko they’re a Final Four team

Advertisement
Unless I'm looking at this wrong, we went from being in sole possession of 3rd place to being tied for 6th with that loss. 3-4 since the Notre Dame game. Haven't won two in a row since December 20/30.

GT game, NC State game, Pitt game. All failed to hold on to late leads. Duke, we were playing catch up, but still could/should have won. These games are the difference between being a top 3-5 seed in the NCAAT and being a 6-8 seed.
Totally agree. I got destroyed in the Duke thread for mentioning this though which I thought was hilarious

This team can make a run in the tourney. Sucks we lost a winnable game but everybody needs to calm down.

You copied and pasted that from CTCANE on the baseball board. Every spring: “calm down, we can still get to Omaha”.

Advertisement
Back