Pitt Student here with Questions

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Dear lovely people of Vice City,
This all depends on if the season happens but me and some of my Pitt friends plan on flying to Miami in October for the Pitt at Miami game, I’m originally from Orlando, Florida and am in my second year as a Psychology student at Pitt but I’ve never been to Miami and I have some questions:
1. How good is the tailgating and pregame/where should we go in the tailgating lots to get as trashed as possible before the game, I don’t want to have to remember much of our probable like 30-3 loss
2. Best nightlife either near the stadium? Downtown? Miami Beach? Coral Gables?
3. Good museums and stuff to see?
4. Best beach to go to?
5. Best place to get Cuban food?
6. Best place to get Craft Beers?
7. Prices of tickets?
thanks for help! Stay safe Miami bro’s and hope to see yinz in a few months for some good old fashioned football

1. Tailgating is great. Your preference should be to find parking on the stadium lots, either in the orange or blue lots.
2. Hottest area for clubbing is probably downtown Miami. Club E11even is a must stop for all out of towners looking to party.
3. There are a couple of museums in downtown Miami as well. You got the Frost Science museum and the PAMM art museum.
4. There are still a few great beaches down here. My favorite is Bill Baggs State Park, but it's a chill spot. For what you're describing you guys will probably enjoy South Beach or Ft. Lauderdale beach. That's where the party crowds gather.
5. In Miami, the popular spots are Versailles or La Carreta, but for my money I always enjoy a spot called El Exquisito. If you go, make sure to go for lunch and try the "Vaca Frita". This place is right in the heart of Little Havana and after lunch you can enjoy a stroll on Calle Ocho.
6. There are a bunch of breweries to enjoy some great craft beer. In Ft. Lauderdale there are a few spots near their downtown area but my favorite is Funky Buddha Brewery. In Miami, there are also a bunch of great breweries scattered throughout but my favorite spot is the Wynwood Brewery. You can also find a handful of other breweries in the Wynwood area.
7. Ticket prices will depend on where you want to sit. For that game I'd expect prices going anywhere from $20 on up.

Hope this helps.

Advertisement
I was a coconut grove patriot when in grad school at Miami. Barracudas was our dive. Someone mentioned Sandbar which was very popular.

Do not stay near stadium. Get a ride to and from stadium.

Advertisement
1. Tailgating is great. Your preference should be to find parking on the stadium lots, either in the orange or blue lots.
2. Hottest area for clubbing is probably downtown Miami. Club E11even is a must stop for all out of towners looking to party.
3. There are a couple of museums in downtown Miami as well. You got the Frost Science museum and the PAMM art museum.
4. There are still a few great beaches down here. My favorite is Bill Baggs State Park, but it's a chill spot. For what you're describing you guys will probably enjoy South Beach or Ft. Lauderdale beach. That's where the party crowds gather.
5. In Miami, the popular spots are Versailles or La Carreta, but for my money I always enjoy a spot called El Exquisito. If you go, make sure to go for lunch and try the "Vaca Frita". This place is right in the heart of Little Havana and after lunch you can enjoy a stroll on Calle Ocho.
6. There are a bunch of breweries to enjoy some great craft beer. In Ft. Lauderdale there are a few spots near their downtown area but my favorite is Funky Buddha Brewery. In Miami, there are also a bunch of great breweries scattered throughout but my favorite spot is the Wynwood Brewery. You can also find a handful of other breweries in the Wynwood area.
7. Ticket prices will depend on where you want to sit. For that game I'd expect prices going anywhere from $20 on up.

Hope this helps.
I doubt CLUB E11 is going to let some 21 year old college kids even come in. Maybe hes got a **** ton of bread but ive seen people with cash get told to take a hike.

Hope this helps.
Thanks man

Advertisement
Back