Pitt Paradox

If we can't stop the run better than we did today - we're in deep doo-doo.

What the fck game were you watching today? We ate their run game alive.

Watch and see.

LMAO wtf are you talking about ? We destroyed their running game today and we have been destroying running games for weeks now.

No we didn't!

We didn't play Pitt today.

We couldn't stop the passing today - for certain.

Pitt won't be passing nearly as much. They'll be running. I'm not going to argue it - they'll run.

Manny better put out a 4-2-5 man press against who we have left - especially ClemPson. And use that to get pressure on the QB. It just works for us.

Advertisement
Matt Canada is gone. Connor is gone.

Pitt got nothing.

The Panthers boast an offensive line that averages 6-foot-5, 316 pounds across its big, physical front. With a 56% rain forecast during the entirety of the game might be a wee bit of trouble when considering Pitts offensive line.

So, Pitt may have at least something...

Matt Canada is gone. Connor is gone.

Pitt got nothing.

The Panthers boast an offensive line that averages 6-foot-5, 316 pounds across its big, physical front. With a 56% rain forecast during the entirety of the game might be a wee bit of trouble when considering Pitts offensive line.

So, Pitt may have at least something...

ND has a big offensive line too, how'd that work out for them? Look, I don't think we win easily but declaring the size of their OL as why we may have trouble with them makes little sense.

Advertisement
To insist that players would roll over and lose on purpose to hurt a coach they haven't spoken to in years is a stretch... Even for this board

OP is a Russian troll-bot. This is Soviet disinformation which Putin, an old KGB guy, is trying on the college football playoffs in the post-Soviet era.

Today they might call it fake news.

A quick check of the Pitt Roster shows about three seniors still on the team who were there when (and were recruited by) Chryst when he ran off to Wisky (one local Ohio kid I know was recruited by him and would be a senior, but quit after last year).

To you amatuer (or professional) sports psychologists: Do you think they will be motivated to fire up the team to beat Miami and send the coach that abandonded them to the CFP or will the opposite occur?

Yeah, Yeah, they are not playing for a bowl game and the 'Canes have won the last two trips up there, so it's probably theoretical, but it is an interesting wrinkle to this season.

Anyone who underestimates Pitt does so, as they say, at their own peril. I find it impossible to understand how people are already calling for a Canes blowout over the Panthers, after watching today's game.

The Pitt game will most probably be played on an off track in very cold weather. Pitt will see the Canes game as way to redeem themselves for an ugly season.

Finally, it is without question that our Canes play down to the competition.

PS: I am not calling for a Pitt upset, but do not rule out a very competitive game that with a few bounces going in favor of the Panthers we might all be surprised...not in a good way.

UVA is a good team. Pitt is a very bad team. Simple. Pitt is the worst team we will have played since BCC . Obviously they are better then them but still. UNC beat Pitt at Pitt .

Allow me to be honest with you...Before all of the following games I read on this site that Georgia Tech is a bad team, North Carolina is a bad team, Syracuse is a bad team and Virginia is a bad team, yet most all of them **** near beat us... and without a miracle play or two several should have beat us. And, I also read that we would ROLL over all those teams. So, you'll have to forgive me if I don't take a lot of comfort in your declaration that Pitt is a bad team.

I’m not sure I understand your definition of “should have beat us”,
Were we given extra time on the clock, 5 downs to 4, a 10 point lead to start the game? Last I checked you played until the clock hit 0:00. All this “should” bullchit is just a backhanded way to try to disparage the team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyone is talking about rain but with the game 5-6 days away, meteorologists are just guessing.

RELAX. Miami will beat Pitt by 17 or moe.

Not doubting you. Just been waiting to beat up on a team we are supposed to beat up on. We crush the 2 best teams on our schedule and struggle with everyone else. I just want the win.

Advertisement
Everyone is talking about rain but with the game 5-6 days away, meteorologists are just guessing.

It actually looks like a decent day for Pittsburgh for Friday. 45 partly cloudy not much wind. Can’t really ask for much more in the mid west in late November.

Advertisement
Back