Pitt Paradox

CaneFan79

Senior
A quick check of the Pitt Roster shows about three seniors still on the team who were there when (and were recruited by) Chryst when he ran off to Wisky (one local Ohio kid I know was recruited by him and would be a senior, but quit after last year).

To you amatuer (or professional) sports psychologists: Do you think they will be motivated to fire up the team to beat Miami and send the coach that abandonded them to the CFP or will the opposite occur?

Yeah, Yeah, they are not playing for a bowl game and the 'Canes have won the last two trips up there, so it's probably theoretical, but it is an interesting wrinkle to this season.

Advertisement
Actually the forecast is for a high of 43 and a low of 32 and mostly sunny. Shouldn't be to bad.

A quick check of the Pitt Roster shows about three seniors still on the team who were there when (and were recruited by) Chryst when he ran off to Wisky (one local Ohio kid I know was recruited by him and would be a senior, but quit after last year).

To you amatuer (or professional) sports psychologists: Do you think they will be motivated to fire up the team to beat Miami and send the coach that abandonded them to the CFP or will the opposite occur?

Yeah, Yeah, they are not playing for a bowl game and the 'Canes have won the last two trips up there, so it's probably theoretical, but it is an interesting wrinkle to this season.

Anyone who underestimates Pitt does so, as they say, at their own peril. I find it impossible to understand how people are already calling for a Canes blowout over the Panthers, after watching today's game.

The Pitt game will most probably be played on an off track in very cold weather. Pitt will see the Canes game as a way to redeem themselves for an ugly season.

Finally, it is without question that our Canes play down to the competition.

PS: I am not calling for a Pitt upset, but do not rule out a very competitive game that with a few bounces going in favor of the Panthers we might all be surprised...not in a good way.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Actually gonna be around 45. Not too bad at all (for us PA people). Pitt just lost at the 1 yard line in a heartbreaker & now is playing for absolutely nothing.

Actually gonna be around 45. Not too bad at all (for us PA people). Pitt just lost at the 1 yard line in a heartbreaker & now is playing for absolutely nothing.

They are playing for pride my man and that can be a game changer in all sports (see Virginia, Pittsburgh, North Carolina, Georgia Tech). Should the Canes jump on them hard early, then Pitt MAY fold their tents.

Look, I am not trying to be a downer after today's fantastic comeback win, but I believe showing respect for Pitt by our coaches, players, fan base is a good idea as you've seen how an overconfident attitude by all involved has a way of being captured and played upon by a competitor.

We seem to still play to the competition,
But our guys fight and gut it out...
This will be a big road test for our Canes.

Pitt will come out swinging just like UVA and UNC. Make no doubt about it, people want to beat us and will do any tricks to get it done!

Advertisement
Actually the forecast is for a high of 43 and a low of 32 and mostly sunny. Shouldn't be to bad.

That is not a forecast that is long term prediction of the weather, lots can happen, but we will be ready regardless of weather.

Advertisement
I'm not even going to pretend we will blow Pitt out. We haven't blown out a bad to mediocre ACC team all season. I wish some of these teams with nothing to play for would just pack in it against us, but that never happens.

Advertisement
We will be fine. I recall the last time we played them in the cold we did just fine and won. No excuses, it’s actually not that cold right now, I live in the Northeast. We will be favored by 14+ if I had to guess.

Advertisement
Back