Pinstripe Bowl - Miami vs Rutgers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
We can downplay it, but some of our guys at the most important positions are getting their first major playing time of the season, if ever. Took a little bit to knock the dust off but seems like we've woken up and settled in. Let's play some ball in the second half, grab a W and head home.
It would be ok is this was the first time we came out needing to shake off the dust vs. the 25th straight time...

Advertisement
The offense was moving when we spread it out and threw, and the runs worked when the defense backed up.

What a novel concept.

I've just invented fire.
I said this since last season, but a lot of our fanbase are as dumb as a doorknob.

This is not rocket science. Spread the field and make the defense have to defend your playmakers out in space. It keeps the D from crowding the box, but Mario only allows this offense to be run when losing big.

It is also fair to comment on the poor play of the first half, etc., without forgetting Miami gets the ball at half and has momentum. Make the right adjustments and we have the better team to win this game...
Given our coaching and the new players I expected us to start off a little rough. It was a bit worse than I hoped…but to your point there were some things that started to work

Do we push the pedal? I mean there’s literally no excuse not to right?

Advertisement
Do we think there's a chance Jacurri chooses to stay and develop behind whatever transfer we get, or is it inevitable he enters the portal at this point?
Depends on the person....I don't know him. But given his generation's tendencies, I'd say the latter.

To all the Jacurri haters I say this. He has more ability than Emory will ever have. You cannot teach a rocket arm or running speed. He cetainly has all the tangible physical asssts to be a starter either here or elsewhere. What Mario did is rob this kid of some game time experience this year. I am not a Mario supporter. Again, with his misuse of the clock he put his team at a disadvantage and furthers his crown as the worst day game coach on this planet. Yes, he is a great recruiter but that's it. As far as Jacurri goes he has the talent and if you don't see that you're either BLIND or not knowledgeable. I truly hope he stays because he has 3 more years left and that's EXACTLY what we need. Not a one year rental who is a turnover machine. GO CANES! I HOPE WE OPEN THE OFFENSE UP MORE. The officials are the worst I've seen all year long.

Rutgers did the dumbest thing they could and that was **** Miami off.
They were sleepwalking till RU started getting ****y and we decided to wake up.
Should be an entertaining second half.

Suprising closer then I thought after 1st few drives of game I have to admit. Hopefully it will carry on into second half

Advertisement
Rutgers is angry and losing their discipline. Let’s use that.
They definitely are playing like they are salty about something. Their fans are even throwing down the U. We are really despised across the nation

We are better than this Rutgers team you could see they were just playing harder to start. Brown is settling in. He’s not great but looks decent. We get a lead Rutgers will be in trouble.

As some have said we need a portal qb bad. Would like Brown to stick around but he’s not good enough to worry about.

1703797018145.gif

1703797688024.png

Last edited:
Advertisement
If that is true it is a terrible rule. Face mask should be a face mask 15 yards no matter what. Typical PI or holding should not be the same penalty as a face mask.

This is why lineman get called for "hands to the face" and running backs don't get called for face mask when they stiff arm the helmet

Well if Dumb a Cristobal uses a timeout on defense miami has more time there to try and score... his clock management is god awful
The way our secondary has been playing, I understand not calling a timeout. How many times this season did we see 3rd and long converted? We are one of worst teams on 3rd down. If Mario calls timeout and Rutgers converts, then we just gave them more time to score. Not calling a timeout means Mario didn't trust the defense.

It wasn't a straightforward decision given our defensive woes, but I would have called a timeout since Rutgers still had timeouts to stop the clock if they converted.

We also forget how bad the OL was when jacurri played that year. Emory vs clemson shows you what you can do with the OL and no turnovers.
Are you on crack? Our offense was terrible against Clemp$on. We won that game because of our defense, not our offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back