Piecing together Richt's staff (with updates)

Advertisement
Anybody heard a rumor about John Jancek and Willie Martinez coming from Tenn? A buddy of mine (tenn booster) just texted me about it.

Somebody get on this

Both of those guys have Georgia/Richt connections.

Tennessee's defense was very good this year. 24th in opponents points per play - 6th in last three games.

https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/stat/opponent-points-per-play

Wisconsin was better

Advertisement
Jancek had that defense playing this year tho...

Martinez coming here is the worst kept secret.

Right fired jancek just in 2009 and he was co-dc. I don't know if he is going to hire him here.

Advertisement
Tberes no chance Richt brings a guy he fires back to run his defense again. Maybe he'd come as a db coach but no chance he's calling plays .

There's actually some legs here , I texted a friend in Knoxville and he says a lot of folks are saying this.

Could be legit . Kinda odd.

When's their Bowl game?

Last edited:
There's actually some legs here , I texted a friend in Knoxville and he says a lot of folks are saying this.

Might be legit.

When's their Bowl game?

Tommorow. Just looked at tennessee 247 board and somebody started a thread saying they heard the last game for jancek will be the bowl game. Didn't say where he is rumored to be going tho.

I would be surprised being that right fired him at uga.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Martinez would come with very recent NCAA baggage and has a very unimpressive track record. Richt fired him at UGA six years ago. He resigned at Oklahoma. Was fired after one season at Auburn.

I don't care about his supposed recruiting acumen, especially considering the violation he committed and was suspended for. It'd be disappointing if he ends up on this staff.

Advertisement
Back