Phone call today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
We lost a very close game to UF...As I said we played better against the better teams on our schedule this season. Not an arguement for or against anything, just an observation

Losing a close game to Florida, when you lose 6 games on your schedule, means absolutely nothing. The narrative that Miami plays to the level of the competition is what Diaz put in your head and you’re eating it up. We lost 6 ******* games. That theory applied to the 2002 team, not this one.

Advertisement
Cuban / white

Not sure if the white delegation will allow that to pass
There has been a hearing scheduled on the 27th to determine if us whites will allow this combo. I'll keep you posted, or just watch cspan.

Losing a close game to Florida, when you lose 6 games on your schedule, means absolutely nothing. The narrative that Miami plays to the level of the competition is what Diaz put in your head and you’re eating it up. We lost 6 ******* games. That theory applied to the 2002 team, not this one.

Again you are missing the point of the conversation...And I don't even listen to Diaz. I make my living off cfb and will form my own opinions.

Advertisement
Who? I dont consider floriduh to be a good team either
So who have we played since Clemson that could thrive outside of the acc coastal since that Clemson game? I'll wait.

Ok but wE can't thrive in or outside the ACC right now.

Everyone here knows where we are as a program...I'm talking the better teams on our schedule. We played better against the better teams on our schedule, and worse against the idiot teams. And that's not a defense of the horrible job this staff did this year, it's just an observation...Pretty simple here.

Again you are missing the point of the conversation...And I don't even listen to Diaz. I make my living off cfb and will form my own opinions.

Correct me if I’m wrong, you’re saying we play better against better competition, correct? Isn’t that your point?

Correct me if I’m wrong, you’re saying we play better against better competition, correct? Isn’t that your point?

Yes...The better teams on our schedule...It's pretty obvious

A top 12 team, and teams that rank somewhere between 35 and 55 in most metrics/power ratings: UF, VA, Pitt, VT, FSU pre-taggert fire, UNC
(2 road wins, a home win, and 3 losses where we had the ball inside the team's 30 within one score to end game)
Mid pack: Lou, Duke (good and bad)
Bad: GT, CMU, FIU (all rank 85 or lower, all favored by between 18 and 28)

Pretty obvious...And again none of that is a defense to Diaz. I have voiced my opinion many times how I want half the staff fired.

Advertisement
But who are "they?" Is it the whole offensive staff, the HC, or one or two assistant coaches? I could absolutely see a situation where Enos and/or Stubbs tell other coaches outside the program that the kid is no good, a diva, etc... to get the word out, while at the same time Manny and other coaches actually like the kid, have a high opinion or him, and want him back on the team.

Of course, if it happened that way it still shows a huge failure of leadership at the top. After all, if Manny's assistant coaches and coordinators are bold enough to go behind his back and trash a kid that Manny is actively trying to keep on the team, that says as much about Manny's deficiencies as it does the coaches actually talking trash.

Without the benefit of hearing the other side of this you take this for what it is. A disgruntled family member of an ex-player giving a biased side of the situation. But the question why trash a guy and then ask him back is a valid question. Regardless, I would prefer the uncle address his grievances privately to the institution and program. To air this out in this forum is low form.

Yes...The better teams on our schedule...It's pretty obvious

A top 12 team, and teams that rank somewhere between 35 and 55 in most metrics/power ratings: UF, VA, Pitt, VT, FSU pre-taggert fire, UNC
(2 road wins, a home win, and 3 losses where we had the ball inside the team's 30 within one score to end game)
Mid pack: Lou, Duke (good and bad)
Bad: GT, CMU, FIU (all rank 85 or lower, all favored by between 18 and 28)

Pretty obvious...And again none of that is a defense to Diaz. I have voiced my opinion many times how I want half the staff fired.

I understand your point I just don’t agree with it. Many of those teams aren’t very good. I don’t care what ratings you use. VT, Pitt, UV and UNC combine with 18 losses. Beaten no one. Plus, we lost to 2/4 of those examples. You’re desperate to find positives but there isn’t much against those ****** teams. Lol at only wanting half the staff fired. C’mon.

LSU. They went like 3-1 or 4-1 vs top 10 teams in 2018 season
Honestly I did forget that lsu team. But what they did against such and such teams isnt relevant. I'm not gonna say I'm impressed with the sec bias. They force teams on people every year. A BUNCH of not very good teams and several legit ones. For me last season the legit ones were obvious. Bama & uga. Several good enough teams like ufag cause of defense which WAS legit & same with lsu. But both were on our levels of incompetence on offensive side of the ball. But again that's just me. I'll give you lsu though. So one team out of several years... that's it. No one in the acc period.

Advertisement
I understand your point I just don’t agree with it. Many of those teams aren’t very good. I don’t care what ratings you use. VT, Pitt, UV and UNC combine with 18 losses. Beaten no one. Plus, we lost to 2/4 of those examples. You’re desperate to find positives but there isn’t much against those ****** teams. Lol at only wanting half the staff fired. C’mon.

Yeah it depends your definition of good...My point is they were the better teams on our schedule. We performed better against those teams than bumass teams.

And ya maybe more than half!

Ok but wE can't thrive in or outside the ACC right now.

Everyone here knows where we are as a program...I'm talking the better teams on our schedule. We played better against the better teams on our schedule, and worse against the idiot teams. And that's not a defense of the horrible job this staff did this year, it's just an observation...Pretty simple here.
100% correct. We easily could have been a 1 or 2 loss team this year with even above average coaching. That's the most frustrating part of this year. Hallmark of an undisciplined team that is poorly coached but filled with talent.

We are a basic *** team until we prove something. We’ve won 1 meaningful game in the last decade and a half.

Until we win can achieve the following, we are a bum program:

10 plus games in back to back season
Beat a top 10 team
Win the coastal
4 consecutive top 15 classes
Retain ~50% of the top 5 players in south Florida each year for 4 year (e.g. stop watching top guys like Cooper walk to bama)

These objectives are the floor IMO

All other staffs are making their changes already. Not sure who will available after the bowl game and why we would wait?

don’t claim NSD cause no one probably cares about Enos on offense besides Van Dyke.

still think Enos stays and Manny spins it as if they will try and work in more spread/tempo now that the team is one more year matured

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back