Phillips 1st rnd Projection

I dont believe Greg would test well teams aren't enamored by his athleticism. He is a projected 1st round pick off size and 1 year of production.
Hahahah You're nuts. He's going to blow the roof off at the combine.

Advertisement
Seeing mixed reviews about Phillips. About half of the mocks have him going first round. It’s gonna be a weird draft if there is no combine, which would help him tremendously

You are thinking way too much into this. A first round pick is a first round pick. And all signs point to him being one since we all assume he is going to go ape$hit at the combine. Now where he falls in the first round doesnt matter. The rule is simple: If you are given a first round draft grade, DEUCES! **** even the great Nick Saban will vouch for that. Heard him say it out of his own mouth..if a kid is projected to go first round..he advises them to go and dont look back. That will never change.

Some guys take the risk and stay..but thats exactly what that is..a risk. Thank JP for the memories and let the kid go man. This has been debated enough.

esp w his injury history, if hes getting taken first round, ill be happy for him regardless. he was medically retired. being a first round pick or let alone have an NFL career was essentially an after thought. he now is getting that chance. happy for him. he worked hard to get to that point and I wish him nothing but the best. same goes for anyone getting high grades. my rule is this -- you get a 1-2 round grade, 10000 percent go and don't look back. the injury risk coming back is too high. for RBs, just leave after their third year. its very hard and rare for a back to come back and improve esp w another year of tread

Advertisement
They’re both leaving a lot of money on the table.
Rousseau shouted played this year and both Brevin and JP should’ve stayed.
Until the draft and until we see how significant the drop at defensive end play will be, many people on here will neg this comment. Basing decisions on “draft experts” every **** year has proven to be a futile effort.

Remember after GW left and our stack left lay was basically average at best poor most days and it was salvaged by Rousseaus production and even then we lost a bunch of games.

You have no idea if that is true or not. How bad our D-End production becomes has nothing to do these kids leaving early. That's on our recruiting.

Roche was a mid round pick when he came to Miami. With a huge year in our system he was going to become a first round pick was written board.

He's leaving as a mid round pick.

They’re both leaving a lot of money on the table.
Rousseau shouted played this year and both Brevin and JP should’ve stayed.
Until the draft and until we see how significant the drop at defensive end play will be, many people on here will neg this comment. Basing decisions on “draft experts” every **** year has proven to be a futile effort.

Remember after GW left and our stack left lay was basically average at best poor most days and it was salvaged by Rousseaus production and even then we lost a bunch of games.
Brevin shouldn't have come back. hes gonna get picked and hes been a hurt a ton. not worth risking another year for free with his injury history if hes getting guarantees that hes going int he first three rounds

Advertisement
What is the reason for having a difference in pay for picks in the same round?
Never thought about this before, but (unless I'm missing something obvious) every pick in the same round should be making the same.

By the time the real scouts break down film Phillips not going in the first round.
Real scouts? Lol. Man its all guess work. Crap shoot.

That said, the only way he doesnt go in Rd1 is if there is no combine or he cannot personally workout for teams. It would be an uphill battle for him if they cant see his athleticism on full display to go with his film, although limited.

I actually don’t want my NFL team to take Phillips, at least not that early. I just don’t see it. Rousseau I would be ecstatic about landing however
I think it depends on where your team would pick in the first round. The tools are there and the athletic ability and size is stuff you cannot coach. He needs technique and more repetition (Shocking our coaching didn't develop him to his full potential). I think anywhere from the last 10 picks of the first and you have a need at Pass Rusher you probably should take him.

Advertisement
Jaelan Phillips is a better defensive end right now than Greg Rousseau. Rousseau is a bit of a project but he does have attributes that aren’t coachable like length and size. I would have loved to see them both on the field together

He could also get injured training for the draft in 2021 and lose a lot of money … what’s your point?

It remains that he POTENTIALLY ****ed himself out of more guaranteed money in signing bonus than he could possibly earn — even as a first round pick. How do you not see this?

Case by case but with Phillips I agree with you. Normally if you've played yourself into the first round, go.

Phillips is unique. He essentially went from retiree to first rounder in one season almost entirely on his athleticism popping on screen. He has a lot of improvement to make and lifting to get fully back into playing shape IMO. Understandable being off the field for so long.

Him being so highly regarded now on potential alone he would have a good chance of doubling his contract almost going top ten with more technique, playing shape and game film.

I do understand his decision though and his injury history is a factor in his decision I'd imagine.

Advertisement
Bottom half of the 1st rd and more likely a 2nd rd. Would love for my Fins to take him in the 2nd
I read mock drafts religiously and I’ve seen him in every round 1 mock draft the last month. A couple had him 32 to chiefs but most have had him going in the mid first rd

I don't blame him at all for leaving. Never will someone that is going to be a first rounder. But had he come back he had the potential to be a top 5 pick.

Jaelan Phillips is a better defensive end right now than Greg Rousseau. Rousseau is a bit of a project but he does have attributes that aren’t coachable like length and size. I would have loved to see them both on the field together
Greg is the better pass rusher and will be the better player IMO. Oh and he's also bigger and stronger.

8. Cardinals LB Isaiah Simmons​

Contract: $20.66 million for four years (fully guaranteed)
Signing bonus: $12.58 million

28. Ravens LB Patrick Queen

Contract: $12.161 million for four years ($11.483 million guaranteed)
Signing bonus: $6.4 million

Ehh both are enough to set you up financially for life to be rich forever unless you blow it like an idiot. You cant be mad at a kid jumping to go make $11.4M guaranteed (assuming he goes that high which i doubt). Make a measly 5% return a year on your $11.4M and thats $570k every year for life (without any compounding)

Advertisement
Back