Phil Steele preseason All-ACC teams

He had 8 tackles last year an has barely played this offseason so far...
I believe he only played in 3 games for VT last year. His experience and production numbers (while at VT) should count for something towards his selection to one of the 4 All-ACC teams.

Advertisement
We certainly have talent. Ford sticks out like a sore thumb on that list. Even from a potential standpoint, there are multiple kids that I would put ahead of him based on last year. Have to assume the staff is hyping this kid bad as there is nothing whatsoever that warrants him being on this list.

I believe he only played in 3 games for VT last year. His experience and production numbers (while at VT) should count for something towards his selection to one of the 4 All-ACC teams.
He said Hall , not Hill

If he meant Hill I agree he should be on there . But there’s no reason Gurvan Hall should be at this point in time

Advertisement
If that ends up being the case, then I'd go with Hall too. I think Finley is going to have a great year, but it'll be naturally easier for Hall to have more recognition just from being on the back end more often.
I disagree. I think Finley quietly had an amazing second half of last year and will be put in position to make play after play in the striker role. Hall is going to take big steps forward as well but may not have the sheer number of opportunities to impact games Finley will have. Good problem to have.

Advertisement
He was unbelievable when I saw him in spring, a different player in terms of get-off and confidence. The wrist injury was bad timing but the cast should be coming off soon.

Wrist injury concerns me in terms of losing momentum on the progress he was making. I hope he's been running and working that lower body all day

These list mean nothing in all seriousness. I don't care for the preseason hype only the results. A few of those guys won't make the list in the end and others not on the list will make their way on it.

Don't mind my negativity towards the list. I'm just ready for Aug. 24th to get here.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Can someone post the whole list? Curious.

Advertisement
Back