Phil Steele preseason All-ACC teams

Advertisement
Have to start living up to preseason projections and win no less than 10 games in 2019. With this schedule, and Steele’s projected 30.5ppg, how can we not be in and win every game this year, including versus Floriduh. But some how, some way we will drop a game we shouldn’t. My thoughts are either UNC (a letdown after beating Gayturd) or versus Pitt (always play us tough at their home).

jeff thomas has gotta be flipping furniture right now at that sight

"..WHERE IS RICHT WHERE IS THAT MOTHER$%^#$ I'LL KILL THAT.."

Advertisement
Have to start living up to preseason projections and win no less than 10 games in 2019. With this schedule, and Steele’s projected 30.5ppg, how can we not be in and win every game this year, including versus Floriduh. But some how, some way we will drop a game we shouldn’t. My thoughts are either UNC (a letdown after beating Gayturd) or versus Pitt (always play us tough at their home).
Those 2 are definitely on my radar but when I look at the schedule:
1. Louisville is a trap game - last of 6 week stretch of conference games & following FSU week.
2. Duke - If we run the table, this is the one our QB gets drugged before the game & the refs go ham.
Weather may have an impact at Pitt and Duke.

I predicted BC would be our toughest game last,
it was the only regular season game that we were statistically dominated.

Toss-ups: UF, FSU
Games we could lose: VT, UVA, DUKE, GT, LOU, PITT, UNC
Easy wins: FIU, BCU, CMU

i think having the week off between the games helps us with the letdown

Advertisement
Toss-Ups: UF, FSU.
Competitive Games: Duke, Virginia Tech
We Should Win: UVA, Pitt,
Easy Wins: UNC, Bethune-Cookman, Central Michigan, GT, Louisville, FIU

I'm going to post a more in-depth statistical analysis of our schedule once we get closer to Aug. 24, but this is amongst the easiest schedule we've had in years. UF is a preseason top-10 team, and the intense rivalry between our schools is going to result in a slugfest. No matter how good we or FSU are, that game is always close. Last year, when we should've blown them out, and the years where Golden almost beat Jimbo prove it.

Duke is going to be a team that shouldn't be an issue but could give us a problem being that they have home field advantage. To be honest, I think that game will go a lot like the 2017 game at their house when we were in control from the first snap. Cutcliffe is a solid coach and will have his guys ready. I'm not as concerned about VT as in previous years, being that we've blown them out the past two years, and beat them even worse in their own house. They've got a lot of problems on their team, and guys are either being kicked off or transferring at a level unseen in recent years. Being that this game is at the Rock, and at midseason, I think we'll be fine.

Bethune, Central Michigan, and FIU are easy wins, I don't even need to discuss them in-depth. GT is installing an entirely new offensive scheme with a roster built for the triple option/flexbone. They're going to have some major growing pains, but could be an issue in a few years as they hired a solid HC. Louisville was an abject disaster last year and they have holes all over their roster. I'd be more concerned about this game if we were at Louisville, being that we've played like garbage against them the past few years. On UNC, Mac Brown isn't turning it around in year one or in game 2. He's got a lot of holes on his roster, and a broken culture he has to rebuild. I also think, coming off a hard-fought game against UF, that we'll be battle tested early no matter the outcome.

Advertisement
Judging by the number of post in this thread, roughly 53 people care, give or take 2 or 3 for mental health purposes.

I posted and I still don't care. But you may have already discounted my post in your "for mental health purposes" qualifier.

I posted and I still don't care. But you may have already discounted my post in your "for mental health purposes" qualifier.
I definitely included you in that category. Lol. It's all good, my man. Seriously, most of us love this program, even if we don't agree on the semantics of certain things.

Advertisement
Thomas has 5 TDs and under 1k yards over two seasons. We've seen glimpses of what he's capable of but 3rd team is probably being generous.

Thomas has 5 TDs and under 1k yards over two seasons. We've seen glimpses of what he's capable of but 3rd team is probably being generous.
He should have had a monster season last year
Only 563 yards but again that’s more than any receiver the gators had who people keep touting. And that’s with him missing 2 games and having 4 games with only 1 catch. We CANT underutilize him this year, needs 10 targets a game he’s that dynamic

Advertisement
Back