Phil Steele has Miami at preseason # 19

Advertisement
Advertisement
This is the type of thread that should get a lot more traction. Unfortunately, most fans are more into optics instead of metrics. Phil is a metrics guy who hones in on meaningful stats. An in-depth analysis of these couple of pages would answer just about every question on this blog.

For example: There is no way a new coach would look at Berrios's productivity and think that Bruce can't come in and have more of an impact.
As much as people criticize the defense, a quick view of the team stats would show that the offense was just as bad. However, this was a very young team that is still young and didn't lose much. I can see 9-10 wins.

Advertisement
He has us as his #6 Surprise Team. What exactly is a "surprise team"? How do you quantify that? What the fck is Steele trying to do with that nebulous terminology?

He has us as his #6 Surprise Team. What exactly is a "surprise team"? How do you quantify that? What the fck is Steele trying to do with that nebulous terminology?
Picking us a "surprise" team is akin to Chris Berman picking the Bills and 49ers in the Superbowl

Didn't he predict we'd be the biggest turn-around team of 2015?

Hard to do that with that with golden

Although you loved Golden when he was here...
Don't make me pull up posts stating that I wanted him gone because I can do that if you want me to... I never said I liked golden but what I wasn't going to do is openly root against my canes no matter who the coach was. Now move along with this tired a** thinking

So we're adding "liar" to your list of qualities as a poster?

Just stfu already. This whole board knows you were one of the biggest passive Golden apologist and it wasn't til the very very very very very very end that you even hinted at a change being necessary.

Own up to it already and stop posting crap like this and people will stop throwing it in your face.

Advertisement
Didn't he predict we'd be the biggest turn-around team of 2015?

Hard to do that with that with golden

Although you loved Golden when he was here...
Don't make me pull up posts stating that I wanted him gone because I can do that if you want me to... I never said I liked golden but what I wasn't going to do is openly root against my canes no matter who the coach was. Now move along with this tired a** thinking

So we're adding "liar" to your list of qualities as a poster?

Just stfu already. This whole board knows you were one of the biggest passive Golden apologist and it wasn't til the very very very very very very end that you even hinted at a change being necessary.

Own up to it already and stop posting crap like this and people will stop throwing it in your face.

Take it easy on him. He almost offed himself durring halftime of the Clemson game.

Advertisement
The thing about Steele is it really isn't "him" predicting any of this. He has various computer models, runs the numbers through them, and they spit out the data. It's generally why he is one of the better preseason predictors out there, because he takes it out of his hands.

The thing about Steele is it really isn't "him" predicting any of this. He has various computer models, runs the numbers through them, and they spit out the data. It's generally why he is one of the better preseason predictors out there, because he takes it out of his hands.

Yea, he has 9 models. Either 4 or 5 of them have us going 10-2 also.

I got the magazine today. When looking at Miami's page what amazed me was that in 2011 Al Golden lost 3 games in which we were a 13 point favorite or more.

Kansas state -13
Virginia -14
Boston College -13

And then he got an extension. 3 games at home where he was a double digit favorite and he lost the game outright. Lost to a Maryland team that went 2-10 and beat mighty USF by a score of 6-3 and this administration extended him. Thank god it's over.

Advertisement
Back