Phil Simms is a real d!ck

Canez1

OG
Was watching Inside the NFL and Reed came back for a guest appearance and started handing out Buffalo jerseys at one point and trying to convince Brandon Marshall to take one. Out of the blue, Simms says " I hate to say this Ed if you want to be a good recruiter it's like at the University of Miami, it takes a lot of cash." Ed just replies with "Woah woah woah" while Sims sits there with a smug look on his face looking back at Adam Schein who then replies "That's right. It's all about the money." I wish Ed would have set his uppity *** straight.

Last edited:
Advertisement
You can't set straight a stereotype that has existed for 30+ years and was only inflamed by the Shapiro scandal.

I saw that program. Canes fans thought Simms' comment was out of line. Nobody else did. We are hated because the widespread conventional wisdom is that we cheated off the field and celebrated inappropriately on the field. Travel around and talk to other fan bases and that will be crystal.

If we return to prominence the assumption will be that we are cheating again.

I've long since stopped caring about that stuff. I want a new competent stadium.

Advertisement
Phil Simms, the man who has a Twitter page of over 30k followers dedicated to what a moron he is, should never make jokes on anyone or anything.

Advertisement
You can't set straight a stereotype that has existed for 30+ years and was only inflamed by the Shapiro scandal.

I saw that program. Canes fans thought Simms' comment was out of line. Nobody else did. We are hated because the widespread conventional wisdom is that we cheated off the field and celebrated inappropriately on the field. Travel around and talk to other fan bases and that will be crystal.

I've long since stopped caring about that stuff. I want a new competent stadium.

Its all true though lol....embrace the hate.

Was watching Inside the NFL and Reed came back for a guest appearance and started handing out Buffalo jerseys at one point and trying to convince Brandon Marshall to take one. Out of the blue, Simms says " I hate to say this Ed if you want to be a good recruiter it's like at the University of Miami, it takes a lot of cash." Ed just replies with "Woah woah woah" while Sims sits there with a smug look on his face looking back at Adam Schein who then replies "That's right. It's all about the money." I wish Ed would have set his uppity *** straight.
If any of this was true you would think we would have bought better players, especially defensive tackles...Eat s..t and die Phil..

Same thoughts here. That one just struck a nerve though with the way he chose to throw it at Ed. I wish it would have been last week while Mike was sitting in for Ed's spot but his messed up looking kid was subbing for him. I feel like Mike being Mike would have set him straight especially with his kid coming in this year.

Advertisement
Not everyone can play at a powerhouse like Morehead State like Phil. He's a clown and brings nothing to the table as an announcer.

Advertisement
have you guys visited the recruiting board here lately? Lots of references to our alleged "bagman" (aka Hartley). Obviously in jest, but maybe that is not something that should be joked about? Or maybe it is ok when our "fans" say it but not an outsider like Simms?

have you guys visited the recruiting board here lately? Lots of references to our alleged "bagman" (aka Hartley). Obviously in jest, but maybe that is not something that should be joked about? Or maybe it is ok when our "fans" say it but not an outsider like Simms?

Well when we joke about that it's obviously more wishful thinking/humor than anything more than likely remotely close to reality. When national "media" clowns and personalities say stuff like that it's because they actually believe it not only was true but still is.....as they conveniently never discuss recruiting dirt in the SEC.

Well if anyone is paying for the product that we have put out the last 12 years someone please get your money back!

Well if anyone is paying for the product that we have put out the last 12 years someone please get your money back!

this was always the most embarrassing part of the shapiro scandal, there was nothing to show for it, in fact his arrival seem to coincide with the decay of the program

Advertisement
Back