Phil Simms is a real d!ck

have you guys visited the recruiting board here lately? Lots of references to our alleged "bagman" (aka Hartley). Obviously in jest, but maybe that is not something that should be joked about? Or maybe it is ok when our "fans" say it but not an outsider like Simms?

Well when we joke about that it's obviously more wishful thinking/humor than anything more than likely remotely close to reality. When national "media" clowns and personalities say stuff like that it's because they actually believe it not only was true but still is.....as they conveniently never discuss recruiting dirt in the SEC.

Probably happens more than we think it does and in most major programs. I don't know if Simms has a particular vendetta against UM or not; he could be just stating something that he thinks is happenning in most programs and we are no different. Regardless, it's probably something we should not be throwng out there in such gratuitous fashion, even in jest. You never know who lurks these boards and what they do with the information they can glean from it.

Advertisement
Why do people think miami was paying for recruits? A lot of those guys butch brought in weren't highly recruited. People are looking at what they became and think they were 5 star recruits coming out of high school.

have you guys visited the recruiting board here lately? Lots of references to our alleged "bagman" (aka Hartley). Obviously in jest, but maybe that is not something that should be joked about? Or maybe it is ok when our "fans" say it but not an outsider like Simms?

Relax. We joke about it because over the years you learn:

A. We don't have the booster numbers or booster "involvement" that state schools have to inject themselves into the business that is recruiting these days ( see "Meet the Bagman")

B. We know that no matter how much the $EC, Ohio State, and so many others "cheat" and cut corner$, UM is the convenient scapegoat for all of college football. They prize what is in our backyard the way a junkie prizes a fix and they will do anything or create any narrative to get it. We will forever be the scourge of college football, no matter how saintly we act.

UM

Advertisement
Should have looked him in the eye and said "Phil, how much do you think I got? Take a guess"

Simms has always been an ***, it 's nothing new. Adam Schein is a parrot and should hold a sign up "will kiss *** for money".
As far as money goes, Phil should know. His son was highly recruited and ended up at Tennessee and nobody spends more money than a desperate SEC school. What was that payday worth Phil?

Last edited:
Let's see: Ed Reed, probably the greatest safety of all time in college and NFL. Phil Sims -- who? Did he play college football? Anyone remember where? I bet they didn't even give him free lunch when he was recruited and he is still ****ed about it.

Advertisement
I soured on Phil a long time ago. He tried to blame Gruden and the Bucs for his son being a horrible QB. I guess Gruden called up Texas to bench his son back in college too.

Advertisement
Advertisement
UM recruited his first kid pretty hard. Someone should ask him how much money we floated at them?

Advertisement
Back