Other Sports PGA vs LIV: Players Suspended

This absolutely has merit. I just don't know if the Saudis stick with it just for the sake of sticking with it if the hype/attention wanes quickly as a best case scenario for them seems like two watered down tours.

The Saudi government several years ago signed a multi year deal with WWE for two shows per year in Jedda. WWE is being paid $50M per year for the shows.

Advertisement
I am on the edge of my seat when it comes to finding out what happens to the bums at the back end of the 48 player field as more, popular players sign on to join.

Just this weekend we had three new entries… Bryson, Reed, perez.

So where do the bottom feeders go from here??

Nobody is talking about it but sure seems like their options are limited, if any!

All these #metoo supporting golfers from 2 years ago clamoring to get huge paydays from the Saudis.

Never a moment without hypocrisy from the elite class.....

I am on the edge of my seat when it comes to finding out what happens to the bums at the back end of the 48 player field as more, popular players sign on to join.

Just this weekend we had three new entries… Bryson, Reed, perez.

So where do the bottom feeders go from here??

Nobody is talking about it but sure seems like their options are limited, if any!
Did I hear right, that Bryson got a 100 million dollar deal?

I love that the PGA has competition. They haven't been doing right by the players and now they have options. Jared Kushner says quarter, Nickle, dime, penny, Saudis Money good as any. Money talks BS walks.
Im actually surprised Kushner and Trump havent found a way to profit off this yet.

Advertisement
Did I hear right, that Bryson got a 100 million dollar deal?
You did. Phil got more than that as did DJ. DJ gets 130 mil over a 4 year deal.

The irony is strong here.

These guys claim to want more “freedom” with their schedule but they are now basically owned by liv/saudis to appear and play every event. Meanwhile, they could pick/choose what events under the PGA schedule.

It’s all about the money. Nothing more, nothing less. They sold out.

You did. Phil got more than that as did DJ. DJ gets 130 mil over a 4 year deal.

The irony is strong here.

These guys claim to want more “freedom” with their schedule but they are now basically owned by liv/saudis to appear and play every event. Meanwhile, they could pick/choose what events under the PGA schedule.

It’s all about the money. Nothing more, nothing less. They sold out.

Agree it's all about the money. Why do you say they sold out? That's quite arbitrary. Where do you draw the line?

Advertisement
Agree it's all about the money. Why do you say they sold out? That's quite arbitrary. Where do you draw the line?
You’re right, it’s arbitrary. Really just my feelings on it.

I’m not a fan of liv and certainly not a fan of the people behind it. In my view, those going to liv are biting the hand that fed them (quite well I might add and much more than most of us will ever sniff in a lifetime).

I grew up competing and competition still resonates in me. Even in a friendly round with a friend with nothing on the line… I still grind trying to score better.

With liv… the spirit of competition is meaningless. No cuts. No pre-requisites to get in the field as far as points/rankings are concerned. Nothing.

They are getting paid kings ransoms just to show up and do the dirty Saudi’s facade work for them.

And this isn’t even considering they are ****ting on everyone who came before them to provide them this luxury lifestyle that is the PGA Tour. Women, minorities…both groups were accepted in golf via the PGA. The PGA has literal programs and a tour in place specifically to help these groups. Certainly not Liv and the Saudi’s - can a woman even speak for herself there?

The entire thing stinks.

You’re right, it’s arbitrary. Really just my feelings on it.

I’m not a fan of liv and certainly not a fan of the people behind it. In my view, those going to liv are biting the hand that fed them (quite well I might add and much more than most of us will ever sniff in a lifetime).

I grew up competing and competition still resonates in me. Even in a friendly round with a friend with nothing on the line… I still grind trying to score better.

With liv… the spirit of competition is meaningless. No cuts. No pre-requisites to get in the field as far as points/rankings are concerned. Nothing.

They are getting paid kings ransoms just to show up and do the dirty Saudi’s facade work for them.

And this isn’t even considering they are ****ting on everyone who came before them to provide them this luxury lifestyle that is the PGA Tour. Women, minorities…both groups were accepted in golf via the PGA. The PGA has literal programs and a tour in place specifically to help these groups. Certainly not Liv and the Saudi’s - can a woman even speak for herself there?

The entire thing stinks.

Oh I hear you but we can all find things to complain about for virtually everything in sports (sweatshops making nikes, exhibition games in china, etc etc etc). You can talk about the nobility of the competition, but let's face it, that's eroding in sport in general.

Oh I hear you but we can all find things to complain about for virtually everything in sports (sweatshops making nikes, exhibition games in china, etc etc etc). You can talk about the nobility of the competition, but let's face it, that's eroding in sport in general.
You’re right. I sure do miss the 80s/90s. Who knew that those were going to be the glory years when the future seemed so bright.

I literally just read an article that Saudis are now banning all rainbow colored toys. I don’t think I need to mention why.

Maybe I need to work on throwing my moral compass in the dumpster like these others…

You’re right. I sure do miss the 80s/90s. Who knew that those were going to be the glory years when the future seemed so bright.

I literally just read an article that Saudis are now banning all rainbow colored toys. I don’t think I need to mention why.

Maybe I need to work on throwing my moral compass in the dumpster like these others…
No, just lower your expectations for athletes. NBA should have taught you that, haha.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back