PFF had 0 pressures recorded….

PIPO

Bathing in Nole Tears!!
Premium
By UVA defense, so my eyes weren’t lying to me. I don’t think I’ve ever seen that in a college football game. They dropped 8 in coverage most of the time and barely blitz.

UVA is pretty much using the same game plan that other defenses have been using vs TVD.

Not going to pin this all on TVD. He’s playing injured and even when he wasn’t, he still has trouble vs zone coverage.

Dawson hasn’t adjusted or made changes to this offense since the bye week. To me, he has become a bigger problem than I ever anticipated from not using tight ends & running backs (save me the excuses on that). After rewatching the game and looking at more stats, Dawson is an issue. ******* unbelievable.

Will anything change vs a good NCST defense whom has a **** offense aside from one decent freshman WR??

Advertisement
By UVA defense, so my eyes weren’t lying to me. I don’t think I’ve ever seen that in a college football game. They dropped 8 in coverage most of the time and barely blitz.

UVA is pretty much using the same game plan that other defenses have been using vs TVD.

Not going to pin this all on TVD. He’s playing injured and even when he wasn’t, he still has trouble vs zone coverage.

Dawson hasn’t adjusted or made changes to this offense since the bye week. To me, he has become a bigger problem than I ever anticipated from not using tight ends & running backs (save me the excuses on that). After rewatching the game and looking at more stats, Dawson is an issue. ******* unbelievable.

Will anything change vs a good NCST defense whom has a **** offense aside from one decent freshman WR??
Whats even better is when we max protect with drop 8.. So we can have 2-3 man routes being double triple covered.. lol

Advertisement

I agree for 90% of the games…I thought I remember them hitting him once or twice late. But most of game he had all day. One of the problems is his in ability to even dump the ball accurately off to the back. the 4 or 5 times he did it, he does it like he's shocked and under duress, side arm, a slow delivery that gives the defense time to adjust etc…And it's not smooth and usually an adjustment for the back to catch them. Also a few other plays I can remember the safety valve is a really long throw to the sidelines. That's ok on occasion. But I'd like to see a short, smooth, easyily accurate throw…Second nature, that give the back an easy 6-7 yards.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Whats even better is when we max protect with drop 8.. So we can have 2-3 man routes being double triple covered.. lol
I think part of that is trying to make sure a broken down TVD isnt taking any shots. I agree though, at this point you have to make a change to Emory if TVD is so banged up you cant run your normal offense.

We have gotten by with smoke and mirrors the past 2 weeks but the playbook is now out, need to take off the training wheels and let the chips fall

Dawsons ability to create mismatches and adjust in game leave a lot to be desired so far. When we win its out talenting or out fisicalling the opponent. Someday in my lifetime Id love to have the schematic advantage consistently in a season.
Guys are running open all over the place
The plays are there to be made
Tvd just can’t read zone cov
Didn’t his qb coach one famously admit to never watching tape ?
Can’t be a coincidence

I think part of that is trying to make sure a broken down TVD isnt taking any shots. I agree though, at this point you have to make a change to Emory if TVD is so banged up you cant run your normal offense.

We have gotten by with smoke and mirrors the past 2 weeks but the playbook is now out, need to take off the training wheels and let the chips fall
Oh of course it is. Theyve been keeping the TE in line to give extra protection and help pound the rock. But when you become so one dimensional youve traded a clean QB uniform for an offense with a pulse. We cant afford to make that trade with the rest of the schedule.

Advertisement
uva didn’t drop 8 every play. They crowded the box on first down with a safety also playing robber.

Thus, teams don’t respect our risk taking early or speed. We then get behind on downs and it is much easier for teams to play a little softer making sure they don’t give up a deep ball without giving up a first down.

I’ll make the bold prediction. If Chaney, Fletcher, and Parrish play, we run much better and NCSt is forced to play more man coverage. NCSt also is a bigger risk taking D than uva/Clemson so expect more blitzing with the chance for us to make big plays. TVD and Dawson should plan for zone but don’t be blown away if we see NCSt running man on shorter yardage downs.

Guys are running open all over the place
The plays are there to be made
Tvd just can’t read zone cov
Didn’t his qb coach one famously admit to never watching tape ?
Can’t be a coincidence
No question. Some guys have been open. A lot of this is on TVD. He’s been deservedly bashed for his play in many threads. Dawson deserves some criticism too.

PFF are idiots. Anybody remember the awkward pass right before the final FG to tie the game. If that wasn't pressure I don't know what is.

Advertisement

The crazy thing is we are calling plays with "MAX" protection only sending 3 WRs out. Why does one of the best offensive lines in college football need max protection?

Dawson is using only 3/5 skill position players against 7 defenders. It's like a basketball team playing 3 against 5 except it's even worse.

This is not a formula for success against teams that can score a lot of points.

What I've expected from Dawson I've only seen in 1 maybe 2 games out of 8. Very disappointing.

No question. Some guys have been open. A lot of this is on TVD. He’s been deservedly bashed for his play in many threads. Dawson deserves some criticism too.
Yea i think he needs to play tempo
But seems like we’re in the heart of the season
And at times of stress and difficulty is where the bro style Mario is coming out
the offensive pace and style is bro style again

Yea i think he needs to play tempo
But seems like we’re in the heart of the season
And at times of stress and difficulty is where the bro style Mario is coming out
the offensive pace and style is bro style again
Ive been screaming for tempo. TVD and this offense plays better when playing with some urgency. They were consistently snapping the ball with about 10 seconds on the play clock. To me, that is on Mario and Dawson.

Ive been screaming for tempo. TVD and this offense plays better when playing with some urgency. They were consistently snapping the ball with about 10 seconds on the play clock. To me, that is on Mario and Dawson.
Yea the offensive rhythm flow and play design looks nothing like it did against am

Advertisement
Back