PFF Analyst Predicts Canes Win It All

The guy in increased his win total, brought in a Top 10,” caliber class that included the best players in Dade that we usually lose, revamped the entire offense, brought in stud defensive recruiters without paying a buyout, is working on a great 2021 class and is consistently ranked in the Top 15 preseason.

Who’s done more in 2 1/2 years?
All of which are great points and he deserves credit for and maybe even praise. He also brought in King and Lashlee. I am nothing but stoked with those dudes. Especially King, he is a **** of a leader and has almost unmatched character.

All of which are hopefully great signs of things to come but he has yet to prove that when gameday comes he has the team consistently ready. Once he has us being competitive in games against the Wisconsins, Clemsons, and Bamas of the world then I will say he is the coach we should have. But he needs to prove we can get it done not only in the offseason (which he has done for multiple seasons) but the actual season as well.

Advertisement
You state it like 20 coaches consistently win 10 games a year when it's like 6.

My point wasn't he's a top 20 coach. My point is if you're trying to find 20 coaches that win consistently in this day and age of CFB, you won't.
Point taken. I’m not saying he is a bad coach. I’m just saying he needs to have us be competitive against the Clemsons, Wisconsin’s, and Bamas of the world. Also making sure we never lose to the 3-9 Georgia Techs and FIUs of the world too.

Point taken. I’m not saying he is a bad coach. I’m just saying he needs to have us be competitive against the Clemsons, Wisconsin’s, and Bamas of the world. Also making sure we never lose to the 3-9 Georgia Techs and FIUs of the world too.

The reality is trying to rank a coach who's only been an HC for two years (albeit having gone undefeated with one team) doesn't make sense. You need at least four seasons to really tell, if not five.

Would I call Diaz a top 20 HC right now? Nope. But let's say he puts up 10-11 wins this season? There's no "sustained success," but there would be "taking over a program in relative shambles (especially on offense) and increasing the win total to a very good possibly elite team." That probably puts you in the top 10 as things stand right now.

The reality is trying to rank a coach who's only been an HC for two years (albeit having gone undefeated with one team) doesn't make sense. You need at least four seasons to really tell, if not five.

Would I call Diaz a top 20 HC right now? Nope. But let's say he puts up 10-11 wins this season? There's no "sustained success," but there would be "taking over a program in relative shambles (especially on offense) and increasing the win total to a very good possibly elite team." That probably puts you in the top 10 as things stand right now.
I can agree with that for sure. I just want, like many other Canes fans, to be consistently winning 10 games a year and being a threat to win the CFP.

I have a buddy of mine that is an OU fan and is constantly complaining that they suck because they can make the CFP but never bring it home. I tell him to fly a kite. I think we would kill it with 10-11 win seasons and bring home the game changers that the $EC bags up year in and year out.

I can agree with that for sure. I just want, like many other Canes fans, to be consistently winning 10 games a year and being a threat to win the CFP.

I have a buddy of mine that is an OU fan and is constantly complaining that they suck because they can make the CFP but never bring it home. I tell him to fly a kite. I think we would kill it with 10-11 win seasons and bring home the game changers that the $EC bags up year in and year out.

I mean, you do realize that if we get to winning consistently without rings, the "fans" will be all that much more ****ed off.

Advertisement
...and like the ongoing dreams of another '72 Dolphin's season....

Ya'll getting your hopes way to high....the fall is going to crush you.

Reality tells us they will improve but the ACCCG is their NC for 2021-- let's make that the goal.

Anything more than that is fools gold for THIS YEAR....

Next year-- anything is possible.

Gonna bump this thread after game #1, regardless of outcome.

so lsu wins it all according to this guy?

lol okay, I had a giggle off to bed now

I think it's time to separate the fans from the leeches. The fans care about the school and the football program, and support it. Fans can criticize and clamor for better, but they understand it's all bigger than they are and support the decisions of the powers that be. The leeches care about themselves. They "claim" fandom of a university, strictly so they can make themselves feel better about their own pathetic lives. The latter is probably the majority of CIS members at this point.

If you're constantly bashing the HC, the players, "the administration," the alumni, etc, while failing to contribute anything short of your own entitlement, you're nothing but a leech.
I went over to Lake Griffin in the Mt. Dora area a week ago to do some fishing.
Had 2 leeches stuck on my boat, pulled out my cigar torch to burn the MFs and it didn’t work.
I pulled out my survival shovel, scraped them off and cut‘em in half… them bytches was still alive.

It‘s hard to get rid of leeches man, unless you bringing salt.
But I do know a couple of crazy white boys that fish With them and mudpuppy salamanders. CAF.
1626234846888.gif

1626235064357.gif

Advertisement
So PFF leaves Manny off their list of top 20 coaches. 10% of CIS is offended, 10% wants to argue that it's justified, and 80% see Dan Mullen at 5th on their list and realize they don't have a clue what they're talking about.

By the new standard, Miami is good every 4 years, so we're due for a big season in 2021. The last time we were "good" we enjoyed our best season since 2003.

2005: 9-3
2009: 9-4
2013: 9-4
2017: 10-3
2021: ???

Diaz makes adjustments. This year is a 10 win season or he’s not the dude.

You mean this one?

smokey robinson james GIF

In all seriousness, Seth Galina is PFF's film/scheme analyst and probably their most knowledgeable football mind. I don't see Miami beating Clemson to make the CFP but if their beast QB gets injured it's possible.

It's within the range of outcomes that King - with an experienced OL and improved WR group - has a monster season and the offense puts up 45+ PPG. 2018 Houston was at 43.9 ppg. It's also within the range of outcomes for Diaz to get embarrassed by UNC again and lose to 1-2 middling ACC teams. Who knows.
I don’t know about that. In the snaps DJ took last year, he didn’t look like a fit. Maybe it was him just being new but if there was ever a time when they looked completely beatable the last 3-4 years it’s this one.

Advertisement
I went over to Lake Griffin in the Mt. Dora area a week ago to do some fishing.
Had 2 leeches stuck on my boat, pulled out my cigar torch to burn the MFs and it didn’t work.
I pulled out my survival shovel, scraped them off and cut‘em in half… them bytches was still alive.

It‘s hard to get rid of leeches man, unless you bringing salt.
But I do know a couple of crazy white boys that fish With them and mudpuppy salamanders. CAF.

If you know anything about me around here, it's that I bring the salt.

its always sunny in philadelphia television GIF

I don’t know about that. In the snaps DJ took last year, he didn’t look like a fit. Maybe it was him just being new but if there was ever a time when they looked completely beatable the last 3-4 years it’s this one.
I'm betting on his traits but if Ross doesn't return (and afaik he still hasn't) and Ngata is banged up again you could be right. He's not the processor that Lawrence and Watson were.

Advertisement
Give the poor man a brake. He sees king, da O line, fast D and comes to a logical conclusion. . . Naw he prolly on da pipe.

I think we will have a tremendous year, but that doesn’t mean I’m going to run around proclaiming we’re bringing home #6.

Linebacker will hold us back, if anything. This is a really talented Miami team though…I think we should be in the discussion

Advertisement
Back