Peterson stepping down at UW.

Advertisement
Dude has a sick kid, UW is creating a position for him until family matters are resolved

Miami should not look any further than that

Dude has turned down better and bigger jobs than Miami over the years. Stayed at Boise State forever; only took the Washington job because his dad grew up in the area, Petersen was raised a fan and it was a non invasive move to go from Boise to Seattle, opposed to moving across country or even further south—telling the likes of Southern California and Florida "no" over the years.

Even turned down UCLA, who has a world-class medical facility that would've greatly benefitted his son—as quality of family life and an avoidance of any big city living is something he's gone on record of saying he wants no part of.

The University of Miami wouldn't even crack his Top 25 of jobs he'd be interested in based on his family and their lifestyle. Enough with this, "just give him a blank check" or "our admin is too dumb to go get him" nonsense.

The more important point here is our dumb f**k AD and BOt would never give him a look. Even if there were interest from Peterson. They have their gaze fully upon the next young up and coming Temple Owls head corch.

Last edited:
Advertisement
3. Seemed happiest as a head coach while at Boise State, where the perils of running a bigger program can take a toll on a guy who obviously enjoyed being a big fish in a little pond. Dude has been well-compensated, so a family-driven recharge is a luxury of a good head coach who has never come off uber-obesssed with the game, or dominating at the highest level.

That's it. Not everyone is ruthless rules-skirting Urban Meyer. Peterson reportedly didn't appreciate some of the suggestions at Washington, that he should recruit more talented players even if they were less than stellar students and individuals. I have read that from so many sources in the past couple of seasons there must be legitimacy to it.

He would have been happiest to stay at Boise State. Once the circumstances with his son led toward the Washington job, he could rationalize that as long as progress appeared toward national legitimacy. An early semifinal appearance is naturally going to spark hopes of further advancement.

Then things leveled off. If it had remained leveled off with another Pac 12 title, I think Peterson would have stayed. But since this season was a step backward with several frustrating home conference losses, I think that was enough to cause Peterson to realize the upside wasn't there.

Advertisement
As someone who has followed Petersen's career for over a decade, his son, Jack, is now a college freshman and his medical problems have long been resolved. His oldest boy is scheduled to graduate from college soon. His kids are adults, it has nothing to do with that. Chris' team was trash this year, and he realized that he had peaked with the University of Washington. He'll take a year off and evaluate his options next off-season when jobs like USC, Texas, and probably Miami become available.

Your right he wins too much we only like guys that talk **** and not live up to the hype. For some reason we hate good coaches and get swindled by the talkers.
So true. That 34-24 win over every team in Corstal Petersen gets you... he'd be called soft, choir boy, etc.

Dude has turned down better and bigger jobs than Miami over the years. Stayed at Boise State forever; only took the Washington job because his dad grew up in the area, Petersen was raised a fan and it was a non invasive move to go from Boise to Seattle, opposed to moving across country or even further south—telling the likes of Southern California and Florida "no" over the years.

Even turned down UCLA, who has a world-class medical facility that would've greatly benefitted his son—as quality of family life and an avoidance of any big city living is something he's gone on record of saying he wants no part of.

The University of Miami wouldn't even crack his Top 25 of jobs he'd be interested in based on his family and their lifestyle. Enough with this, "just give him a blank check" or "our admin is too dumb to go get him" nonsense.
You obviously follow Coach Petersen. I 100% agree with you. I live here in Idaho and agree he'd never be interested in Miami, and Miami fans wouldnt like his style at all.

Advertisement
USC is the only thing that makes sense here.

Disagree. I highly doubt he'd ever be interested in that position. The local rumor is that he was just burned out. UW moves him to an admin. role for a year or two and waits to see if comes back.

He is definitely not an L.A. kind of guy.

You obviously follow Coach Petersen. I 100% agree with you. I live here in Idaho and agree he'd never be interested in Miami, and Miami fans wouldnt like his style at all.

he was the first choice when golden was hired.

actually, he was pretty interested, and had two meeting/interviews. one was in Chicago I believe. ironically the same hotel that paul dee interviewed barry alvarez the night after barry swore he had no interest in the job when dennis left. (coaches lie worse than politicians and used car salesmen).

the hook for Miami a the time was the medical care and support his son needed is world class at UM. that was something UM pushed and it almost worked.

at the end, he decided otherwise.

I agree his style might not be to the UM community's preference, but nothing changes minds like W's.

also agree that at this point in his life, UM is not a fit for him.

Advertisement
he was the first choice when golden was hired.

actually, he was pretty interested, and had two meeting/interviews. one was in Chicago I believe. ironically the same hotel that paul dee interviewed barry alvarez the night after barry swore he had no interest in the job when dennis left. (coaches lie worse than politicians and used car salesmen).

the hook for Miami a the time was the medical care and support his son needed is world class at UM. that was something UM pushed and it almost worked.

at the end, he decided otherwise.

I agree his style might not be to the UM community's preference, but nothing changes minds like W's.

also agree that at this point in his life, UM is not a fit for him.

I remember this. Petersen and Miami actually spoke before shortly after Shannon was fired. It was closer than a lot people realize. I remember at one point they gave him an offer, and he turned it down and Kirby Hocutt and the BOT doubled back and dropped another milli on top but at the time, he thought it wasn't a good fit for him and his family.

We dont need a borderline burnt out **** roaming the sidelines, bring in coach leach before he gets to tired!
We dont need a borderline burnt out **** roaming the sidelines, bring in coach leach before he gets to tired!
Agree

HC have a shelf life. Too many here are going for the about to expire milk.

We need to catch an up and comer.

Advertisement
Back