Pete

lol good cover.....sounds like something people at caneinsider would say

There's a difference between getting kicked out of school and kicked off the team.

There's also a difference between a suspension and a possible expulsion.

So at this point, Glory is correct.

And Glory could've stated what was really going on if he actually knew anything as opposed to doing what pretty much all the writers here do. Give half answers then have a way out after whatever they originally stated was proven false or not completely correct.

Or he could respect the ******* privacy of a 17 year old. Just because he's a 5 star recruit doesn't mean you're entitled to know everything about them.

Advertisement

Lol, did you see his question? He asked if he got kicked out of school, he didn't. Suspended isn't kicked out of school. When the rumor came to me earlier in the day, I texted a coach and he told me no. I responded to a pm and said no. Then this thread came up 5 hours later and I said no too.

I know what he did too, but I've been asked not to disclose that information.

Good try tho

this could be your chance to finally break something. Go for it.

You would think that would be the goal as a journalist. I guess there are connects to protect.

Lol, did you see his question? He asked if he got kicked out of school, he didn't. Suspended isn't kicked out of school. When the rumor came to me earlier in the day, I texted a coach and he told me no. I responded to a pm and said no. Then this thread came up 5 hours later and I said no too.

Good try tho

would rather keep my sources than break a story. Plus I wouldn't really consider this breaking a big story. Telling everyone that Sony wasn't an EE, or that Moten was announcing for the canes at a certain time were actually stories to me. Not the drama of a kid that made a horrible decision

Last edited by a moderator:

Good try tho

would rather keep my sources than break a story.

What is a source?

Advertisement

There's a difference between getting kicked out of school and kicked off the team.

And Glory could've stated what was really going on if he actually knew anything as opposed to doing what pretty much all the writers here do. Give half answers then have a way out after whatever they originally stated was proven false or not completely correct.

Or he could respect the ****ing privacy of a 17 year old. Just because he's a 5 star recruit doesn't mean you're entitled to know everything about them.

Is Glory a journalist or not? I don't care about Gibson as a player or his status. But if these guys are gonna have staff writer under their name and write recruiting articles then write articles of substance as opposed to alot of PR pieces about kids they think Miami should be recruiting. He didn't even have to tell us what Gibson did. A simple "no, he hasn't been kicked out of school but he won't be playing in the spring game" would've been fine. Thats basically what the newspaper guys did hours after Glory could've done it.

Last edited:

I don't speak for the rest of the staff writers, but 90% of the time I give very thorough answers with all I know. This time I was told not to say anything as the situation was changing and administration was handling the issue.

Dont have to explain, you do a great job and if you're told not to say anything you dont need to say anything

Advertisement
LOL at those who know not saying anything about a guy that isn't going to sign with us anyway. You guys are sweet.

Advertisement
From time to time we get information that we do no disclose. I personally don't know what happened in this situation but I am sure several of our writers do. We a Miami fan site first and foremost. if he did something truly bad then it will come out soon but CanesInSight breaking those types of stories isn't something we are interested in doing.

From time to time we get information that we do no disclose. I personally don't know what happened in this situation but I am sure several of our writers do. We a Miami fan site first and foremost. if he did something truly bad then it will come out soon but CanesInSight breaking those types of stories isn't something we are interested in doing.

yes. CIS should get back to defending genron

**** if he did hit a female teacher then he will be looking at dealing with the popo. Things will got really hot in terms of QB Dwayne Lawson's recruitment, because with Gibson out of the picture Lawson becomes the most wanted by schools like OSU, Tenn, and UGA all of whom will open that bag of $$$$$$.

An in regards to young mr. Gibson , if it is true then it is a shame to see another young promising black youth become a potential statistic in the criminal system. **** son.

Advertisement

Thats fine. From now on whenever someone here has the audacity to question an article or an opinion made by the Canesinsight staff there is now no need for the "people complaining about free info, smh" crowd to run to their defense. Its out in the open that some things won't be discussed even if you have credible information. I don't count ruining a kid's commitment announcement. I get why that isn't done. You pick and choose what gets talked about and what doesn't at least from your end. Which means everything should be questioned and shouldn't be taken as gospel because a staff member said it or wrote about it.

**** if he did hit a female teacher then he will be looking at dealing with the popo. Things will got really hot in terms of QB Dwayne Lawson's recruitment, because with Gibson out of the picture Lawson becomes the most wanted by schools like OSU, Tenn, and UGA all of whom will open that bag of $$$$$$.

An in regards to young mr. Gibson , if it is true then it is a shame to see another young promising black youth become a potential statistic in the criminal system. **** son.

DBC saying "popo" and "**** son".....

Haa, love it

http://www.daytondailynews.com/feed...ance-gibson-suspended-from-high-school/fcj6C/

Advertisement
Back