Pete: How Good is Dixon?

mapcane

Sophomore
Clearly, the boards are going to erupt one way or another at 3 pm. But how good of a prospect is Dixon, in your opinion? If Coley is a 5-star kid, what is Dixon, a 4 star, a 4.5 star? Watching his video, dude reminds me of Antonio Brown, from the Steelers. Good hands. Runs nice routes. Good, not amazing, speed. Good, not great, short area burst.

I don't buy the whole "it's ok to miss on Coveted Recruit X because recruits at his position grow on trees." People would have said that about Coley, and look what we would have missed out on had he gone elsewhere. That rational only applies when we're talking about someone who is not special, ie, not Cook, or Mathew Thomas, etc.

So, is Dixon special, or not?

Advertisement
Kid is a the 2nd best WR in Florida, it would be a miss, but not as bad as missing out on Coley last year would've been.

Advertisement
if he commits to us, half the board is gonna say hes the best receiver in florida, if he goes elsewhere, the people on this board will say, rudolph and lane are better and Dixon was never a need for us. IMO he is a MUST get.

I think this question should be posed to a few "HS football junkies" who post here, including D. Money. Not only to Pete.

Advertisement
Clearly, the boards are going to erupt one way or another at 3 pm. But how good of a prospect is Dixon, in your opinion? If Coley is a 5-star kid, what is Dixon, a 4 star, a 4.5 star? Watching his video, dude reminds me of Antonio Brown, from the Steelers. Good hands. Runs nice routes. Good, not amazing, speed. Good, not great, short area burst.

I don't buy the whole "it's ok to miss on Coveted Recruit X because recruits at his position grow on trees." People would have said that about Coley, and look what we would have missed out on had he gone elsewhere. That rational only applies when we're talking about someone who is not special, ie, not Cook, or Mathew Thomas, etc.

Playa Pete is an insider for the program, not a talent scout/evaluator. Watch his film and make your mind up is my suggestion.

I'll tell you at about 3:05.

519.gif

Playa Pete is an insider for the program, not a talent scout/evaluator. Watch his film and make your mind up is my suggestion.

This.

Some people need to be spoon feed everything.

Advertisement

I live about a mile away from Dwyer and I've watched alot of his games through the years. Dixon is a great athlete. He's already built like a college player and has elite distance speed (meaning not many HS DBs are going to keep up with him on a Seam route,etc). He was an ok, short area burst. Here is my issue with him, he wasn't the best receiver on his team! He was their deep threat, but Saffold and Stevens were more complete receivers. They ran better routes, had a much better short area burst. I think he'd be a better DB at the next level. I'd label him as a 4 Star athlete. He's a great kid to bring in, but I'd much rather have Travis Rudolph at WR.

Advertisement

Good enough that he held a lot of good offers and Bama clearly wanted him as well...

Bottom line is there not a single team in the country that wouldn't love to have Dixon join them......

Fact.....

Advertisement
Back