Pete Hinting at a New Scoop?

People don't fit in. I don't understand all the Strong hate here. He is having a tough time at Texas in a season and a half. That team was like when Coker left here and they are showing life finally. I'm not saying I'm for him. Butch is my guy but I also know its long shot with these clowns. Strong wouldn't be the worst person to hire. He can coach better than El Foldo and Shannon. The team revolted after Mack Brown left. He is just getting it back. Not after 5 years like El Foldo

Advertisement
Strong has done something Golden didnt do in 5 years - beat a Top 10 team. A RIVAL team at that!

And he did it in year 2. With a roster most full of 1st year players and 1st year starters.

If you haven't watched a UT game or know about what his roster and team is looking like, you have no basis for an argument, other than "he sucks".

Some people are just looking at the fact that he's lost games, without knowing what exactly is going on here in Austin.

Oh, and don't forget what Charlie did to Golden in that UL game

And the following year, a team with pretty much all of his boys beat UM down == again.

Some of you dont know or remember what Charlie was doing to Miami when he was at UF... he was pretty much choosing who he wanted in SFL. Miami had no chance against him. There's a reason people who UNDERSTAND the landscape of college football keep saying that he's a perfect fit for Miami. He would come in and close up shop. Just like he was doing at UF.

Last edited:
He'd own South Florida recruits and have our D playing like savages. As long as he gets an innovative OC and gives him full control he'd be great at Miami. Not my first choice but I could fap to it.

What do the tea leaves say? What about the magic 8-ball? ...

Magic-8-Ball-7-1024x768.jpg

Advertisement
I'm torn on strong. He's not in my top 5 but his hire would be less risky than Chud, Mario or Schiano which isn't saying much. Gut feeling tells me he would do really well at Miami. The hire wouldn't be bad at all. I do think we can and should do better though

People don't fit in. I don't understand all the Strong hate here. He is having a tough time at Texas in a season and a half. That team was like when Coker left here and they are showing life finally. I'm not saying I'm for him. Butch is my guy but I also know its long shot with these clowns. Strong wouldn't be the worst person to hire. He can coach better than El Foldo and Shannon. The team revolted after Mack Brown left. He is just getting it back. Not after 5 years like El Foldo

He's having a hard time at Texas because it's a culture change. He's had to kick off a number of players already and bring his own in. This has probably rubbed some of the upperclassmen the wrong way as well. Still though, he's 1-1 against Oklahoma, while Al had 5 chances against FSU and never beat them. Strong's a good coach with many South Florida ties. If we were to hire Strong, I'd have absolutely no problem taking him as our coach.

I'm just saying our candidates look better than they have by far. If we don't get Butch or Herman we'd be disappointed. But if things fell to Strong, Richt, or Fuentes. We'd be in the best shape since Butch. I fail to believe Mario, Chud, or Schianjo will be talked about at the end but maybe that's just being optimistic.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Strong would be a "big time" hire but not one I like. First, he was a gator. For me that is enough. But for more, his recruiting at Louisville is tainted by that fat dude that got us in trouble -- not Donna, the other fat dude. Third, he is getting his rear kicked at UT where he is without that QB the fat dude bought for him. Any new coach is going to start everything over. I want one who we can have a clue as to watch he at least wants it to look like when done. If would have been nice to know that AL want a bunch of slow fat kids standing around trying to figure crap out.

Butch is safest, surest, cheapest and probably most likely to kick some ***. So NO BUTCH - NO PEACE!

Strong would be a "big time" hire but not one I like. First, he was a gator. For me that is enough. But for more, his recruiting at Louisville is tainted by that fat dude that got us in trouble -- not Donna, the other fat dude. Third, he is getting his rear kicked at UT where he is without that QB the fat dude bought for him. Any new coach is going to start everything over. I want one who we can have a clue as to watch he at least wants it to look like when done. If would have been nice to know that AL want a bunch of slow fat kids standing around trying to figure crap out.

Butch is safest, surest, cheapest and probably most likely to kick some ***. So NO BUTCH - NO PEACE!
You raise a good point. How much of his success at Louisville was attributable to Hurtt the bag man (and more specifically, Bridgewater)? With that said, his D there was pretty nasty and I liked how his players all seemed to have a chip on their shoulders.

Last edited:
Again, Pete jerks off to anyone who is deemed "a good recruiter". Instead of harassing 17 year olds, he needs to spend some time reading up on the history of the program, who our coaches were, and what their career resumes were before getting the UM gig.

Advertisement
Back