Pete any truth to this

TIFWIW because I'm not an insider but this is what I was told because I've been trying to get details.

Apparently the pic of the recruit and Joker involved a player at Booker T. The rule is that if a coach runs into a recruit during the dead period and communicates with them its a secondary violation. It's only a major violation if they can prove the coaches purposefully set up the meeting.

Anyway apparently the recruit is being questioned and could have penalties served against him. I didn't know that was possible which is the part that made me question the info. But anyway someone mentioned that kid could lose his eligibility. So the word is that Miami turned in a coach over something 'petty' and now a kid is involved and may suffer from it, so coaches are banning Miami or whatever because all those schools and coaches look out for each other. They're saying that Miami coaches have contacted kids during dead periods so I guess that's why they consider it snitching. They think UM is playing with kids' futures.

Man this concocted story is almost as bad as a stripper telling you she dances to pay off her college tuition

And don't forget, according to killa just a week ago this story was just a smokescreen and the joker was fired because he didn't get along with the OC. Now, it's big enough that Florida high schools are banning UM from their school.

That is not what I said. I never denied the violation happened. It's a secondary violation as of this moment because there is no proof the meeting was set up by UF coaches or that they had been in constant contact with the recruit during the dead period. Coaches don't get pushed out just for committing secondary violations. Schools report tons of secondary violations on their own each year.

What I did say is that this violation isn't the primary reason he was let go. The bigger issue is that he had been clashing with the OC and they just used it as a reason to push him out. UF committed over 30+ secondary violations last year, they're pretty common. He was already on thin ice and they was just the final straw really.

Advertisement
Killa, no way this involved Booker T. Their last year's HC is now on Miami's football staff. His son is now head coach of booker T. The other son is a gator QB. Do you really think the father is so low that he will ***** over both his sons and his own player from last year? This story is a lie

How would he be ******** over both his sons? Ice didn't report anything.

If anything, if this ban story is 100% true, then most of it probably stems from the fact that Booker T. who has mad respect in the community is being slighted or whatever leading to the outcry.

Don't know how true it is but its definitely bad propaganda he's putting out there for coaches he feel a type of way about that to run on.

I wish when things like this comes out; Former players like Lewis, Reed, Johnson, Moss, etc...would come out and defend the program. South Florida is in desperate need of some type of leader...not the Luke type but a positive true mentor/leader. My opinion

One of the best posts in awhile! Make that brotherhood feeling a reality. Sometimes I wonder if those guys stay quiet because they don't buy into Golden. I know they hear about some, not all, of these things.

We need out greats to constantly be reppin and loudly.

TIFWIW because I'm not an insider but this is what I was told because I've been trying to get details.

Apparently the pic of the recruit and Joker involved a player at Booker T. The rule is that if a coach runs into a recruit during the dead period and communicates with them its a secondary violation. It's only a major violation if they can prove the coaches purposefully set up the meeting.

Anyway apparently the recruit is being questioned and could have penalties served against him. I didn't know that was possible which is the part that made me question the info. But anyway someone mentioned that kid could lose his eligibility. So the word is that Miami turned in a coach over something 'petty' and now a kid is involved and may suffer from it, so coaches are banning Miami or whatever because all those schools and coaches look out for each other. They're saying that Miami coaches have contacted kids during dead periods so I guess that's why they consider it snitching. They think UM is playing with kids' futures.

Man this concocted story is almost as bad as a stripper telling you she dances to pay off her college tuition

And don't forget, according to killa just a week ago this story was just a smokescreen and the joker was fired because he didn't get along with the OC. Now, it's big enough that Florida high schools are banning UM from their school.

That is not what I said. I never denied the violation happened. It's a secondary violation as of this moment because there is no proof the meeting was set up by UF coaches or that they had been in constant contact with the recruit during the dead period. Coaches don't get pushed out just for committing secondary violations. Schools report tons of secondary violations on their own each year.

What I did say is that this violation isn't the primary reason he was let go. The bigger issue is that he had been clashing with the OC and they just used it as a reason to push him out. UF committed over 30+ secondary violations last year, they're pretty common. He was already on thin ice and they was just the final straw really.

I never said that you said the violation never occurred. What I said was you said it was a smokescreen (meaning excuse) to get rid of phillips even though the "violation" wasn't that big of a deal. Now, however, it's a big enough deal according to your sources that a kid may be in trouble, is being interviewed, in jeopardy of losing his eligibility, and schools are banning UM. If you don't see the hilarity in that then I don't know what to tell you.

Advertisement
Don't believe Uncle Luke's story for one second. Pictures were not taken by UM coaches although UM was given them and Joker Phillips was the recruiter for Palm Beach County not Dade or Broward. University of Florida is apparently in deep trouble with the NCAA this incident isn't what got Joker to resign or get fired.

I never said that you said the violation never occurred. What I said was you said it was a smokescreen (meaning excuse) to get rid of phillips even though the "violation" wasn't that big of a deal. Now, however, it's a big enough deal according to your sources that a kid may be in trouble, is being interviewed, in jeopardy of losing his eligibility, and schools are banning UM. If you don't see the hilarity in that then I don't know what to tell you.

Understood now.

However, it seems that the 'big deal' is coming on the kid's side (potentially) more than it is on UF's side. It still isn't a big deal at the moment because its being classified as a secondary violation which is pretty routine. UF's compliance department has already been in contact with the NCAA from my understanding and have denied knowing about the meeting beforehand. So the NCAA has to do their diligence and make sure that's the case on the other end. Like for example if the kid were to say he set up the meeting with them, then obviously UF would be lying. But from what I've read even in that scenario the worst case outcome is the loss of 3-5 schollies for a year and then UF has to stop recruiting the kid. It's still not a big deal...yet. But it could turn into one. Guess we'll see.

Killa

You have to admit, it would be awfully odd for a fairly high-profile coach like Joker to be let go over a secondary violation.

Top | #106
Lauderdale
Recruit

Ignore User
Don't believe Uncle Luke's story for one second. Pictures were not taken by UM coaches although UM was given them and Joker Phillips was the recruiter for Palm Beach County not Dade or Broward. University of Florida is apparently in deep trouble with the NCAA this incident isn't what got Joker to resign or get fired.

Do tell more if you can.

Advertisement
Killa

You have to admit, it would be awfully odd for a fairly high-profile coach like Joker to be let go over a secondary violation.

No doubt. I wouldn't be surprised if there was more to it but he was on the outs eventually, previously thought to be at the end of the season. Leak was taking over most of his duties before this even broke. IDK what will come of it, but at the moment its been classified as secondary. We will see.

Love it! F' all those that cheat. Recruits, college coaches, high school coaches, runners, etc. wish nothing but the worst for any and all that bring harm to my U!

Killa

No doubt. I wouldn't be surprised if there was more to it but he was on the outs eventually, previously thought to be at the end of the season. Leak was taking over most of his duties before this even broke. IDK what will come of it, but at the moment its been classified as secondary. We will see.

They just got tired of his crappy photo shopped pictures he would make

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back