Perspective on Mario start

The best we can hope for is that Gattis has a good rest of the year and moves on to HC somewhere..... and Mario hires somebody better

Advertisement
Arguing with people who think that Diaz's 6 pt loss in his first season to Butch Davis in the infamous flop game was worse than our nearly 100 million dollar coach with a record breaking QB getting pimpslapped at home by MTSU, is like arguing with people who think "Every Which Way But Loose" is a superior film to "Unforgiven" because they love movies with monkeys in it. Subjectively the better movie is a matter of personal opinion, but most rational people would find the pro-primate movie reviewer's reasoning to be completely absurd.

Arguing with people who think that Diaz's 6 pt loss in his first season to Butch Davis in the infamous flop game was worse than our nearly 100 million dollar coach with a record breaking QB getting pimpslapped at home by MTSU is like arguing with people who think "Every Which Way But Loose" is a superior film to "Unforgiven" because they love movies with monkeys in it. Subjectively the better movie is a matter of personal opinion, but most rational people would find the pro-primate movie reviewer's reasoning to be completely absurd.
There is a cult of posters on here who just hated Manny. I think Mario could literally go 5-6 this season and they would blame it on Manny that he didnt leave Mario enough talent to work with. Even though Manny went 7-5 with 90% of the same guys on this current roster. Like the cupboard was absolutely so empty that we couldnt COMPETE (not beat. We were pretty much dominated from start to finish) with the likes of MTSU.

Im not throwing Mario to the wolves, but hes got some atonement to do here and it starts this Saturday. No more mulligans. He lost that with the MTSU loss. And now hes got all of his alumni homies in the building watching him. (87' national title team being honored at halftime)

One thing you touched on I agree with is the reliance on local recruiting and the necessity to branch out more consistently. A few years back Urban Meyer mentioned his strong preference recruiting Texas over Florida as the players there were better coached, more fundamentally sound. We've seen lots of our highly rated SoFla kids struggle lining up properly, tackling, etc. Maybe more Tejas, Louisiana, Georgia kids will mitigate it at least somewhat as long as the coaches do their part (you know, the coaches on the highest paid staff in the ACC 🙄). Major solutions to decades old problems are never too simple but this could be a big factor. Luckily, recruiting is what MC does best. We look on track to quickly turn over the o line & LB rooms, but major help is needed at RB, WR, and CB.
I agree. I think a big problem has to do with the state itself. Coaches here get a pathetic stipend, in Georgia, Texas, etc. they get paid well, have strength coaches, and have a staff that gets paid well. Here in Florida the head coach is a math teacher, OC or DC, in charge of uniforms, scheduling, Academic eligibility, Strength and Conditioning, etc. etc. With some exceptions, of course, (Mainly Private schools) they simply do not have the time, energy, or ability to focus on creating fundamentally sound athletes. They have too much other **** to worry about.
I asked the strength coach what he noticed over the years and getting kids from all round the nation. He said that Florida has the best athletes but they are typically physically underdeveloped (no strength coach and coaches do their bull **** tough man workouts) and they have more postural issues (anterior pelvic tilt) in particular.

Arguing with people who think that Diaz's 6 pt loss in his first season to Butch Davis in the infamous flop game was worse than our nearly 100 million dollar coach with a record breaking QB getting pimpslapped at home by MTSU, is like arguing with people who think "Every Which Way But Loose" is a superior film to "Unforgiven" because they love movies with monkeys in it. Subjectively the better movie is a matter of personal opinion, but most rational people would find the pro-primate movie reviewer's reasoning to be completely absurd.
1665025960114.gif

Advertisement
Are you aware that Saban's team that year (his first) lost their games by one score? He didn't have the collapses that Mario's team has had versus a vastly inferior team. Saban's first year was also an improvement over the prior two years. We are already arguably worse than last year.
I'd like to hear the arguments that say we aren't. Through 4 games we're worse in basically every way.

I'd like to hear the arguments that say we aren't. Through 4 games we're worse in basically every way.
You wont really get them. Because we’re not better this year than last. IN any category.

I was never a fan of hiring Mario, because I’ve long been a fan of getting rid of the legacy because I feel it hinders us.
Many kids growing up have only seen mediocre to ****** football here. THen we bring in “Miami guys” and this is what we get.

I wanted the Pirate or the Mississippi playboy.

Exactly. Losing at a neutral site on a dagger long field goal to a HOF coach is not nearly as bad as getting blown out at home to a bad team that I honestly couldn't find on a map.

Love Richt, but he left the cupboard bare. This team is not a rebuild.

Mario is hot garbage.

Exactly. Losing at a neutral site on a dagger long field goal to a HOF coach is not nearly as bad as getting blown out at home to a bad team that I honestly couldn't find on a map.

Love Richt, but he left the cupboard bare. This team is not a rebuild.

Mario is hot garbage.
That's not how we lost to FIU.

We were down 23-3 before scoring 21 garbage points to lose 24-30 at the burial grounds of the Orange Bowl to our last good coach that we shafted.

That game was terrible for many reasons.

Advertisement
Look,I know - we all see the issues we currently have. Plain to see.

But we haven’t been good in a number of years. It was never going to be an immediate turnaround,

For perspective, Nick Saban went 6-6 his first year, including losing to Louisiana-Monroe before winning a lowly bowl game. Secind year made the conference championship but lost.

The U is a bigger reclamation project, as the culture here was worse. The previous coaches were lazy with their evals and the results have shown. it’s going to take a minute to cleans the team of those players. Even with the portal.

i honestly don’t care about w/l record this year. I want to see signs of improvement. I have seen that with the lines. I want to see the freshmen play their way into the lineup. We are starting to see that. I want us to put more focus on national recruiting and not be so loyal to local hs kids and missing out on our plan a, plan b, plan c options. And we are seeing that.

I hear how we should always pursue local kids, but we need to truly understand the game and how it’s played. Just as much as we need to weed out the lazy players in the program, you need to weed out the 7v7 teams coached by f*ckboys of other schools. Don’t tell me winning changes that. BS. You don’t see this level of grooming anywhere else in the country. We need to rid ourselves of that cancer and then can truly start reaping the benefits of local products. So I’m glad the staff is recognizing this and shifting more emphasis and resources nationally.

It‘s going to take a minute. It’s going to be frustrating watching the games this year. But if you look closely, there is still reason for future optimism.

Have a good day everyone!
Can I give you the 4,000 examples of guys with bad starts that sucked? I hate the Nick Saban example. Hate it.

So you're convinced that Manny could recruit and coach well enough to win 12 games in a P5 conference.
Of course. He had the second best record in the acc over a three year period despite insanely bad luck with injuries and clearly needing to learn on the job.

I like coaches who never played. More cerebral guys who understand math. Not meatheads who played here.

Can I give you the 4,000 examples of guys with bad starts that sucked? I hate the Nick Saban example. Hate it.
You can if you want, lol. My point wasn‘t that Mario is going to definitely going to do what Saban did. I’m just saying as good as Saban is, even he didn’t come in and immediately kick ***.

of course this start against UNC isn’t going to reassure the masses who think we are going backwards.

Advertisement
You can if you want, lol. My point wasn‘t that Mario is going to definitely going to do what Saban did. I’m just saying as good as Saban is, even he didn’t come in and immediately kick ***.

of course this start against UNC isn’t going to reassure the masses who think we are going backwards.
he had three top 25 wins in his first year at Bama. he then had 1 loss in his second season losing in the SEC title to the gator Tebow team. he won a title in year 3 lol. he had as close to immediate success as you can and Bama was down way more than we are

Expect 2-8, anything better will be good for you mental health. Can’t wait for off season, when we’re uh…winning!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back