Perry and Williams say that they're staying and are ready to compete for starting QB with Martell

There is also a reason why Manny just brought in a Juco Transfer QB.
We all have seen Perry play, Williams is a mystery and Cade is Cade.
If Martell can't get the waiver for 2019, those are the guys we roll with.

Advertisement
I would take Tate over any of those qb's on the show. Fields seems like trouble, which is odd because of his family and demeanor, that coach should turn in his man card. What a puss. It is funny people talking transfer about Tate yet Fields doing the same and he couldn't beat out Fromm. Haskins>Fromm.

Let them compete and hope someone emerges as a capable leader of the offense.

You guys need to be realistic. If we have to go with the guys we have, its another (3rd) year of "a work in progress."

We need an off-season miracle to get Perry or one of the other guys who didn't show enough to get on the field last year, to the place the program needs them to be.

The previous QB Corch's signature will linger for a while with this group.

If the OSU transfer that good, why did he leave? Fields may not get cleared to play this year! I was hoping Diaz can flip the kid from Mississippi who’s currently committed to Georgia! Perry is a gamble because of off-field behaviors, which Diaz must have short leash. Williams has already demonstrated he is not competitive and serious about being the leader. From my observation at the games, Williams looked out of shape or over weight. Weldon, not clear of his previous violations, but fans treat him better than Perry. I don’t trust Perry and Weldon! Williams and OSU transfer are quitters! I remember Kosar Vinny and Walsh were on the same team!
Martell has to be talked into staying even before the fields news. You can say martell is scared of competition all you want but who else was he competiting against at osu besides fields? He has more guys he’s competing against at Miami right now
9648CE9E-2526-4D59-A1DF-F22C468D0322.jpeg

Advertisement
Different situation! Martell ran from competition but will be surprised Perry and Williams are better passers and can run too. My point was I rather Diaz get the kid from Mississippi because I will not trust my team in the hands of Perry, Williams, Weldon, and Martell. We have not had a leader since Dorsey!
Perry or Weldon is not a better passer than martell and it isn’t close

There is also a reason why Manny just brought in a Juco Transfer QB.
We all have seen Perry play, Williams is a mystery and Cade is Cade.
If Martell can't get the waiver for 2019, those are the guys we roll with.
The juco guy is a walk on, he’s not doing much

If the OSU transfer that good, why did he leave? Fields may not get cleared to play this year! I was hoping Diaz can flip the kid from Mississippi who’s currently committed to Georgia! Perry is a gamble because of off-field behaviors, which Diaz must have short leash. Williams has already demonstrated he is not competitive and serious about being the leader. From my observation at the games, Williams looked out of shape or over weight. Weldon, not clear of his previous violations, but fans treat him better than Perry. I don’t trust Perry and Weldon! Williams and OSU transfer are quitters! I remember Kosar Vinny and Walsh were on the same team!
Different era, [ then the three you mentioned ] it's all about me today, and portal is the fuel that will fan that fire.

The thing I am looking forward to is how Enos will approach all of this. He and Manny have all mentioned that the offense will fit the players' strengths.

If Enos is as smart and savvy as I think he is...
... he could make any of the three main candidates stars and adjust his offense to their strengths.

It is going to come down to what it always comes down to: who looks better in practice reps, who looks like they can command the offense better, who appears to be a leader and who gives the team the best chance to win game 1 (which is a big one).

It all starts this spring and I cannot wait to see how it all plays out.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Aside from martell who we are hoping will take over, we know what we have let’s be real. Perry, Weldon are flunkies. Williams couldn’t separate himself from these idiots. Call a spade a spade

The juco guy is a walk on, he’s not doing much

Highlights are not bad, yeah I know they are hand picked highlights but I really don't think Perry will make it to next year.
Would leave us with Williams and Cade and zero experience with those 2.

The thing I am looking forward to is how Enos will approach all of this. He and Manny have all mentioned that the offense will fit the players' strengths.

... he could make any of the three main candidates stars and adjust his offense to their strengths.

He mentioned having to switch philosophies based on personnel.

boner.gif

Advertisement

It is going to come down to what it always comes down to: who looks better in practice reps, who looks like they can command the offense better, who appears to be a leader and who gives the team the best chance to win game 1 (which is a big one).

It all starts this spring and I cannot wait to see how it all plays out.

I agree with most of what you said. I would add that what these guys do on their own time to learn his system and improve will also be a factor with him. He has pretty much said that in black and white. He expects his QBs to be dedicated. I suspect they are going to have to work harder than they ever did here before.

I wouldn't sleep on any of the QBs tbh. Martell, if cleared, will be the odds-on favorite to start but young Kosi is still talented (although dumb) and by all accounts, Jarren is one of the most accurate passers we've had on campus in a long time.

As always, it's about the system.

Advertisement
Under the previous offensive staff all of our QB,s regressed. They did not have a real QB coach and were playing in an ancient system that never schemed to their or the rest of the teams strengths. No one here really knows how good or bad our returning QB,s may be with good coaching and an offensive scheme that is tuned to their strengths and is not predictable. Hard to blame the QB,s when the other team.new what play was coming 90% of the time.

Advertisement
Back