Per Twitter: Duke wearing #8

Advertisement
Who cares what number he wears. If anything Duke is going to make everyone in the future recognize 8 is a playmaker's number. I can't wait to see these freshman this season.

Advertisement
Uh Kevin Beard > Travis, all day

TRUTH!!! Made some plays in that gaytor game in 03.

I guess if enough time passes people will remember only the positives. Beard was not close to being as good as Benjamin - NOT CLOSE. Take away that UF game and what other game can anyone name where Beard's play really stood out? He had size, good enough speed and could run good enough routes but his hands were always an issue. Benjamin had moments where he just spaced out - FSU punt return, VT bomb in the 2nd half in 2010 where the ball went straight thru his hands and it would have been a TD since he had blown past the defense, and the Ohio State game that year too. But he had games where he just was too much for the other team to handle and made huge plays in key situations numerous times. There is a reason he's #6 on the all time list - he was good. Problem is he never became great.

who the **** is this Twitter fella and where is he telling people this?

He hold any press conferences at Hecht or sumthin?

Advertisement
Well, 8 is an incredibly good luck number for any Asian. Remember the Olympics in China started on 8-8-88. That was not an accident. No, I get it this is American football.

But just the same I'm going with 8 being the luckiest number on the team. And (assuming the rumor is correct) I think Duke will make is so.

For the record the summer olympics were held in South korea in 88 the winter games were in calgery canada. not sure what what they were doing in china in 88'

I guess Bush gets #2, Howard gets #3, and Duke wears #8, sounds good... who will wear #6 and #9?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back