Per this podcast, Blake expected to stay

Advertisement
I WOULD love to have JIMMY Johnson's thinking on this one and where the program is HEADING to

Advertisement
I talk a big game but I have been at this too long. I’ll be watching next year just like I have been since 1984. Frustration is high my man. Calling me out is a good way to slap me back to reality.
Its part of being a fan. Hope to see you at the games. Orange and Green or nothing...

Advertisement
Its part of being a fan. Hope to see you at the games. Orange and Green or nothing...
I have to get back down there for a game. It’s been a while with young kids but next year I have to make the pilgrimage.

I am with you, I’ll never stop being a fan.

The way he played in the bowl, he might win an open competition. I've bashed Perry plenty, but what I saw from him during the bowl was **** impressive. The O looked like it could attack all parts of the field with him in there. I'd be shocked as **** if he left.
Perry loves the U, but he was gone if not for King going down. I know that for a fact. He actually looked better than King. The offense opened up and if not for Beavis and butthead at receiver he would’ve had a ridiculous stat line.

there’s a million reasons why. He just had a kid, still coaches a top program and still likely gets his million dollar salary.
Wow..Blake can't make that much, can he? Was thinking 5-7 hundy range.
Thought we bargain shopped with a lot of the defensive staff. Of course Richt gave raises to Banda and Parke as he exited.

Advertisement
Perry loves the U, but he was gone if not for King going down. I know that for a fact. He actually looked better than King. The offense opened up and if not for Beavis and butthead at receiver he would’ve had a ridiculous stat line.
Exactly. I was pretty bummed when he came into the game, but man, I was wrong. He tore it up. The O clicked. With King, the O just looked like it was relying on him far too much. King is talented, but he's not God-like. This O, and really every good O, is at its best when you can spread the ball around. With King it just feels like he has the whole world on his back when he's in there. Sometimes it works out, but often it does not.

Advertisement
Exactly. I was pretty bummed when he came into the game, but man, I was wrong. He tore it up. The O clicked. With King, the O just looked like it was relying on him far too much. King is talented, but he's not God-like. This O, and really every good O, is at its best when you can spread the ball around. With King it just feels like he has the whole world on his back when he's in there. Sometimes it works out, but often it does not.
This is gonna be an unpopular take, but there's a lot of truth in it. I'll get killed for this next comment, but, Kosi seemed to distribute the ball better and seemed more natural in that O. It's less than a full game and we lost, BTW, but I was pleasantly surprised by Kosi.

This is gonna be an unpopular take, but there's a lot of truth in it. I'll get killed for this next comment, but, Kosi seemed to distribute the ball better and seemed more natural in that O. It's less than a full game and we lost, BTW, but I was pleasantly surprised by Kosi.
I'm with you. The O with King looked lights out against some pretty bad defences. Against any team with any kind of D, the O just looked like it wasn't firing on all cylinders. Again, King is very talented, but when a team can key in on him and take away what he does well, forcing him to get the ball where he struggles, it's hard to watch. I love that King doesn't turn the ball over, and generally speaking makes good decisions, but the entire O can not rest on his shoulders. Also, we need to acknowledge he has strengths AND weaknesses. His weaknesses negate a lot of his strengths.

It just comes down to this. We need more real, open competition at QB. The most talented guy may not win the competition. The guy that runs the O the best, should. I don't care WHO it is, I just want to see the O clicking consistently, not just against scrubs.

I'm with you. The O with King looked lights out against some pretty bad defences. Against any team with any kind of D, the O just looked like it wasn't firing on all cylinders. Again, King is very talented, but when a team can key in on him and take away what he does well, forcing him to get the ball where he struggles, it's hard to watch. I love that King doesn't turn the ball over, and generally speaking makes good decisions, but the entire O can not rest on his shoulders. Also, we need to acknowledge he has strengths AND weaknesses. His weaknesses negate a lot of his strengths.

It just comes down to this. We need more real, open competition at QB. The most talented guy may not win the competition. The guy that runs the O the best, should. I don't care WHO it is, I just want to see the O clicking consistently, not just against scrubs.
You're spot on!

AND, whoever is the QB, needs to live on a steady diet of throws to the TE and not just on occasion or as a change up.

Advertisement
Back