Per the Herald, Manny's Response to Kids Looking to Leave SoFlo

Advertisement
Awesome. Love that. And it fits exactly what I’ve been saying he’s doing. He’s painting the KKK groupies as the rat fcks they are. He’s using excellent psychology with these young guys. Rallying them up. Love it.
Anyone who's been around here knows you've been on the forefront of this calling out people from Dade and Broward who always dreamed of living in or sending their kids to live in the TusKKKaloosa's of this country.

Advertisement
What do y'all think about Wilder, is he done playing at the U? Article says he is sitting out spring practice. Hummmm.

The head sht talker in charge!!!!
It is what it fcking is. Man ain’t telling no lies.
Best quote from a head coach in forever.
It’s friday too!! Ohh man!! What y’all sippin and smokin on??!!
That Sour D.......

there are a couple of things i never believe in H.S recruiting
#1 need to get away
#2 my dream school
when i hear these terms from S.Fla players , i can almost, almost hear the bags dropping
Darn near every time a recruit calls Miami their dream school, they go elsewhere. It's code for, "I need a bigger bag to get me away from my dream school." That bag comes then kids want us to respect their decision. Like ****. You used my school as a bargaining chip, so don't come calling for my respect. Not gonna happen.

Advertisement
...."Podunk college town" belongs in the Trash Talk Pantheon....Diaz is a scorched earth kind of dude....He's most definitely not bowing and groveling in servile submissiveness to the Alabamas and Georgias of the college football world....Much appreciated and quite enjoyable departure from the Coral Gables status quo....
Great vernacular too. None of this coach speak. This is exactly how we describe Gainesville or Tuscaloosa.

No retired nfl player says I’m thinking of retiring to Gainesville.

Like I said in another thread, you lose the “ima reppin’ da 305” card (or other SFL area code) as soon as you cross the county line on your way north to one of the klansvilles.

Fūck that. You’re actually reppin’ tuskkkaloosa or Trailerhassee or kkkainesville, or whatever redneck podunk shlthole you decide to go to.

I used to ride my bike from Ludlam Rd. to campus. Something definitely happens when you cross Red Rd. You are in a new world.
Red Road, or Bird Road? Ludlum and Red are parallel to one another.

Trying to temper my enthusiasm, but every time I hear Manny speak or read one of his tweets, I can't help but get fired up. I don't think we've ever had a HC coach that understands the uniqueness of the U like he does. He was born and raised in it. Sure, we've had a few great HC's, but none of them lived and breathed the U like Manny. He had to leave the 305 for a time to find his way and gain some experience, but jumped at the opportunity to be the HC at the U when it presented itself; and he was ready. I really hope he's successful; not only for our football program but for him as well.

Advertisement
The more important comments in that piece were his recruiting intentions, not his pitch.

Hello EVALUATIONS. I have been pointing at this for ages. Access to local talent makes evals more important, not easier. More kids, more choices, same number of spots.

Hello LOCAL FOCUS. I’m sure all the fans who are desperate for us to flip off local kids and increase our focus on Canada and Iran will be devastated by Diaz’s comments. He seems clear that winning local recruiting battles is priority 1.

Actually, access to local talent does make your evaluation easier. Which is a good reason for any program (but especially us) to recruit locally. It's generally much easier to evaluate a kid that plays 10-20 miles away than it is to evaluate a kid 1000 miles away. A kid way across the country, you have to mostly go on tape and word of mouth and ratings. A kid in the area, you can see play on a regular basis.

That said, we're not going to stop recruiting nationally. It's not an one-or-the-other matter. We'll hit So Florida hard like we always do and we'll look around the country for needs we can't fill at home.

I just dont agree with the going against the star system when he says we have to recruit whats best for UM, thats the only thing I dont like about this article. The stars like a Stevenson are the right ratings and u have to recruit them as such (which we did) I get we have to find hidden gems but u have to hit on all your hidden gems. U have to have a superior eye for talent which alot of coaches dont have, hopefully we finish with a top 5 class regardless of record cause thats what it will take to be the UM we all know from the past.

Advertisement
The more important comments in that piece were his recruiting intentions, not his pitch.

Hello EVALUATIONS. I have been pointing at this for ages. Access to local talent makes evals more important, not easier. More kids, more choices, same number of spots.

Hello LOCAL FOCUS. I’m sure all the fans who are desperate for us to flip off local kids and increase our focus on Canada and Iran will be devastated by Diaz’s comments. He seems clear that winning local recruiting battles is priority 1.
Yeah man some serious quality in a short amount of content. Spoken like a guy that’s grown up around here and embraces it. Not to go back but it always felt like Randy was trying to change Miami’s identity whereas Diaz seems **** bent on just letting them eat

"Here was another hurtful factor that Larranaga didn’t mention: UM believed it was on the verge of landing at least three quality recruits before reports surfaced that incorrectly linked Miami to the Adidas scandal. One of those players, four-star Jalen Carey, is a freshman point guard at Syracuse".

WOW :toad:

Carey sucks....cant shoot outside 12 feet....always looks overwhelmed and scared. Probably transfer next year when he realizes he wont be playing much

Recruits should watch the clip from the first 30 for 30 where the former players are talking about how coral gables was heaven compared to overtown and Michael Irvin preaching and joking about it too. That should be enough alone to send the message that manny is trying to shed light on.

Yeah man some serious quality in a short amount of content. Spoken like a guy that’s grown up around here and embraces it. Not to go back but it always felt like Randy was trying to change Miami’s identity whereas Diaz seems **** bent on just letting them eat
manny’s aint just tryna let them eat. He wants to truck in some arepas.

Advertisement
Back