Per Bobby Bowden....

Advertisement
BOWDENCVS.jpg

the board hates fsu but they'll quote FSU all day when it means defending saint Cristobal from criticism for being a failure in miami.

I was at an event where Bowden was speaking and screamed out, "Go Canes!!!" He shook his head and said something like, "Yeah, they got my daggum number." Everyone laughed. He was a good natured guy who wasn't afraid to poke fun at himself.

I don't mind talking about Bobby Bowden with respect, or even quoting him. However, I will never use his good old boy words of wisdom to defend ineptitude. Mario loses too many games, period. As much as I despise FSU, and thought Bowden got away with a lot due to his aww shucks nature, he was a winner. Mario has proven very little in terms of building, winning, and becoming a champion. He just loads up on talent and hopes for the best. Bowden loaded up on talent and put it to work. Same as Howard, Jimmy, or any of our greats.

Another thing about Bowden is that he refused to dodge Miami. He knew we made them better, because they had to beat the best to be the best. He respected Miami. He even said that had Howard stayed at Miami, he would have been the all time NCAA leader in wins. Then there was the "But he played Miami" on his tombstone. He gave us more respect than any other coach. He also robbed us in 2000. But hey, he lobbied for his team. Wouldn't we want that from our coach?

Sorry for the rant. I do agree with you. I just don't see Bobby Bowden as a hated figure. FSU fans, yes. Their program, sure.

I'll quote Bowden to put Mario in his place, where he belongs. Not to make excuses for him.

First, you lose big, then you lose close. Then you win close, and finally, you win big.” A favorite saying of Bobby Bowden's, the progression towards consistent success in college football is a simple one.

Enjoy the journey its the best part, twitter coaches dont know ****

I mean hardly prophetic and something many a coach has shared; teams learning how to come together as a unit and learning how to win.

Either way, there's no helping this fan base. Program has been a disaster for two decades, too many low-rent, cheap-hire coaches didn't get it done—so every new guy has to carry the baggage of every failed coach behind him as people here are done with words like "process" and have no patience for anything buy winning immediately.

That, and you'll always get the nonsensical chatter about "their guy" and what Miami would look like year two—in this case, if Lane Kiffin got the gig. THEN the Canes would be back and rolling heads, but Mario is garbage and blah, blah, blah. This fan base is insufferable.

Same bunch who wanted to run off Butch Davis two games into his third year—and were still done with his game day coaching a few weeks into year six when Miami lost at Washington, before going on a 34-game win-streak.

Look to our rival up north and how those donkeys were talking buyout with Mike Norvell halfway through year two—after 3-6 year one, 0-4 out the gate year two (with a loss to Jacksonville State), and 6-12 going into their game against 5-4 Miami in 2021—finishing 5-7 and 8-13 after two seasons before Norvell peeled off 10-3 in year three and now 10-0 in year four.

Zero perspective from the rattled sports fan. All emotion and zero logic.

Just cause you follow up a blow out with a close games doesn't mean the next game will be a close win. You still gotta make the changes and put in the work.. and that still doesn't guarantee it. Defensive side of the ball looks way better coached this year.. offense sure doesn't. lol Mario might try to hire an OC who can bring a good qb with him. Do it ******* quickly.

Advertisement
First, you lose big, then you lose close. Then you win close, and finally, you win big.” A favorite saying of Bobby Bowden's, the progression towards consistent success in college football is a simple one.

Took the man 20 plus years to win a Natty!

Animated GIF

If you don’t have respect for Bobby Bowden as a person and as a coach, you don’t know **** about ****

Advertisement
“First, you lose big, then you lose close. Then you win close, and finally, you win big.” A favorite saying of Bobby Bowden's, the progression towards consistent success in college football is a simple one.

One time for the twitter/CIS mope patrol.

Advertisement
What if what Brohm is doing at Louisville is losing to Mario? Makes you think.

8-4 would be good enough to not want me to punch everyone I see for 8 months in the off-season. Not good enough period, but it's going in the right direction. 7-5 or god forbid 6-6 is not. Still got 2 more times to lace 'em up.
Then you hire kin and lose again.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back