Per Bobby Bowden....

Happy Mood GIF by Pudgy Penguins

5-9 in the ACC. If this was ANY OTHER COACH, you guys would have pitch forks out…but Saint Cristobal gets all the passes.

I mean how brain dead is this fanbase? We just accept mediocrity now? This isn’t even mediocrity, it’s f^cking pathetic.

Three of our five ACC wins are in OT…and two of those are against UVA…what is wrong with you people? Have you forgotten what a competent football team looks like?

I know for a fact most of you don’t want football outside Miami, it shows.
No we should fire him. Hire another get same results. Fire that one hire another get same results. Fire another get same results. Seems to be the popular trend

Advertisement
I won't knock anyone for believing.
100%.

@Dwinstitles totally ok to have faith. Believe it or not, I still do somewhere in the back of my brain.

But what my eyes see…whether it’s film, gameday, recruiting trends… can’t ignore it. And I get fed up with the constant spinning and lashing out at people that question what he’s doing.

I guess I’ll just have to be more-level headed because my rants probably don’t help, even though I’m just passionate and expect more for what we’re spending.

100%.

@Dwinstitles totally ok to have faith. Believe it or not, I still do somewhere in the back of my brain.

But what my eyes see…whether it’s film, gameday, recruiting trends… can’t ignore it. And I get fed up with the constant spinning and lashing out at people that question what he’s doing.

I guess I’ll just have to be more-level headed because my rants probably don’t help, even though I’m just passionate and expect more for what we’re spending.
Spreading positivity is much different than spreading excuses. I try to avoid the believers but bless thier little hearts.

100%.

I feel you man. Y’all know me I be ranting a lot. I’m like I’m going to wait so I don’t drive myself insane. Cause I been in and out the hospital fam. I take this sh too serious and it ain’t helping me.

Advertisement
Yea that only works if you have the right coach. If you don’t it’s “lose big” “lose small” “win small” and back to “losing big”. We have a recruiter at HC who wouldn’t be coaching at any level

Bobby didn't coach in an era where very good players can decide to join your team next season and get on the field immediately...

Something tells me he'd be signing a different tune

Advertisement
We cycle in between losing big and losing close. Thus, blowing Bobby Bowden's theory out of the water. Under a great coach, he was right.

Bobby Bowden also said that coaches that are known as great recruiters are known as great recruiters because they aren't great coaches. I think he's dead on with that one. Bowden was a great recruiter, but he was known as a great coach first. Mario? Yeah, he's a great recruiter.
Bowden blew the 2000 and 2002 UM vs FSU games due to terrible play-clock usages towards the end of the games. He was not a great coach or play caller....he had a stellar staff during his time at FSU (Richt, Sexton, Haggins, Andrew's etc....)

I’ve been saying this since before Mario was even hired here. So this isn’t me changing my tune. I’m giving Mario 4 years to actually build this program before I have MAJOR expectations. And ultimately the decision at QB will be what determines if this team is competing for CFP or not. I honestly think it is that simple. All the *****ing about different coaches and in game decisions…I can promise if for year 3 and 4 under Mario we have a good to great QB we will be a 10+ win type of team.

Last edited:
You’re not convinced of that bc they’ve done more immediately w less than Miami has. They were worse situations. When you hire a good coach, good things happen
I'm not convinced they had less to work with if your referring to the roster that these coaches inherited

Advertisement
First, you lose big, then you lose close. Then you win close, and finally, you win big.” A favorite saying of Bobby Bowden's, the progression towards consistent success in college football is a simple one.

Enjoy the journey its the best part, twitter coaches dont know ****

We’ve been losing big since our recruits were born.

Bowden blew the 2000 and 2002 UM vs FSU games due to terrible play-clock usages towards the end of the games. He was not a great coach or play caller....he had a stellar staff during his time at FSU (Richt, Sexton, Haggins, Andrew's etc....)
In all fairness, by the time 2000 rolled around, he had begun to coast. What Bobby Bowden did at FSU you just don't do unless you're a **** of a coach. Great assistant coaches? Well, who hired them?

Advertisement
I don’t disagree with that to an extent. We just lost an emotional game and I think we all know how this normally plays out to end the year…but if Mario can get them motivated to show up, win, then beat BC…8-4 plus a bowl win would at least give us much needed momentum.

He needs something to sell on the trail, and losing three of your last four (or four straight) will not be it. Everything is stacked against us here (emotionally drained after FSU, noon game with a lackluster crowd, a motivated Louisville team with a good defense, TVD starting, etc.)…and yet, Saturday is a must-win.

Hopeful stat of the day:

UM is 7-3 in the games played immediately following its last 10 losses to FSU (2008-2022).

First, you lose big, then you lose close. Then you win close, and finally, you win big.” A favorite saying of Bobby Bowden's, the progression towards consistent success in college football is a simple one.

Enjoy the journey its the best part, twitter coaches dont know ****

This ain’t the 1970’s or 80’s anymore.

I want to win as much as anyone. Mario has ****ed us several ways coaching. He's a **** gameday coach, Dawson is a decent to good OC, his system will look really good with elite athletes. Elite players mask coaching deficiencies a lot, Butch was the same sorta coach. Elite recruiter and talent evaluator, absolute ****e gameday coach. I remember that Penn State game in 99 and wanted to kick my television. Mario will not out X and O any coach. Our only hope is he out recruits and evaluates everyone else while having competent coordinators. Seems Guidry is the real deal. Dawson I think is a good coordinator, maybe not a savant like a lot of guys. But he can run an offense somewhat well. I'm willing to give Mario more than 2 years before I crucify him. His **** coaching has cost us vs GT and NCST, our talent has kept us competitive vs UNC and FSU. 2 years is not enough to see where we can be with Mario. He's doing some things right and ******* up some others. We’ll see how he adjusts in year 3. That to me is the money year, what presents itself in year 3 will be the norm for his tenure.

Advertisement
Back