People really thought Melvin Gordon was better than Duke?

Anyone who doesnt think Duke was an elite Hurricane is an absolute embarrassment to humanity. I'm serious.

This is a team sport for the love of god. Just bc the team was trash doesn't mean the individual was.

Advertisement
That was a sick stiff arm against one of the top safeties in the league. Threw him down like a rag doll!

Wisconsin and Alabama continusly put out running back that go bust in the league...don't know why scouts haven't picked up on this yet is beyond me.

That surprises me if true. Bama targets those fast but big backs that will run through you. You would think that style would thrive at the next level.

Wisconsin and Alabama continusly put out running back that go bust in the league...don't know why scouts haven't picked up on this yet is beyond me.

That surprises me if true. Bama targets those fast but big backs that will run through you. You would think that style would thrive at the next level.

Bama backs have average speed at best and no wiggle. That does not transcend to next level.

You got to give Duke credit as he has improved his protection of the football. What makes Duke better isn't his running as he is has less YPA than Gordon does but his ability to catch the ball and get yards. This is where I have an issue with Coleys offense. We recruit guys like Duke, and Yearby who aren't bulldozers and then run them like they are. I wish Duke wasn't playing for the Browns ..damnit!

Duke did alot of pass catching his Jr. year. his soph year they ran him into the ground tho. literally almost killed the kid.

That's the problem. He should have done more pass catching. We drastically underutilized him in the pass game. He had 27 and should have been closer to 40 or 50.

Advertisement

Part of the problem is you need a really good OL if you're that type of rb and most of these guys don't go to teams with great OLs.

Part of the problem is you need a really good OL if you're that type of rb and most of these guys don't go to teams with great OLs.

I actually think that they aren't good to begin with, yet they run behind NFL caliber offensive lines in college. I mean there is a reason that some no name from the year before is always coming on to the scene at Wisconsin. Bama and Wisconsin put a lot of OL in the NFL.

never draft a Wisconsin RB. They are even worse than the PSU RBs.

But are they worse than Bama backs? I still feel like Bama backs are worse. They bust way too much. Lacy is the only legitimate guy.

Ingram has been very good. Richardson is the only true bust out of the group. Both Lacy and Ingram have been good.

Ingram has been serviceable. Not very good. And it took him awhile to arrive on the scene. I remember when he was buried in the NO depth chart barely playing because he wasn't very good.

Theirs backs don't have to run through anyone. They are big, yes, but they don't get touched. Bama wins with their OL. Their backs are average.

Advertisement
I will say. I sure am glad Duke left early. He probably would have gotten this staff another year. I actually think this could have been a ten win team with him. I am and always will be a huge fan of that kids. He is such a great football player, and a better young man. He put on for the U and I have a ton of respect for him and his game. I also agree that he would have been a perennial pro bowler in New England. Dude would have 1000 yard seasons receiving....

To be fair, San Diego has one of the worst run blocking lines I've ever seen. Gordon is actually leading the team in ypc.

Did you fail to read the part where it the poster talks about Donald Brown ripping off a 54yarder behind said terrible line?

While nearly getting a 100yards on 10 carries?

I live in SD and watch almost all of their games. Brown had the only long run of the year, 3.4 ypc without it. Woodhead at 3.3, Oliver 3.5, Gordon 3.5. Their line is hot garbage, terrible in pass protection too.

That said, Gordon has been pretty bad this year. Big time fumble issues too.

Advertisement

Monte Ball ..... nope semi bust
James White..... finally found a spot in NE Pats, but it seems anyone ca succeed in that system
Melvin Gordon.... product of those o lines

Just dont draft these guys higher than a 4th round slot.

Duke johnson play was elite under the worst coaching staff Miami has had in the past 35 years. That's hard to do under the circumstances he's been under to say the least

Advertisement
College RBs who ball out behind monster o lines... Not a great look in the league.

Monte Ball ..... nope semi bust
James White..... finally found a spot in NE Pats, but it seems anyone ca succeed in that system
Melvin Gordon.... product of those o lines

Just dont draft these guys higher than a 4th round slot.

Ron Dayne.

Advertisement
Back