2023 Payton Kirkland offered

Jesus I hope not. Him, Sanker, Francis now trending elsewhere...didn't think we'd struggle at o-line. In the end, we'll get good dudes but sheesh...Tucker ain't playing

Advertisement
Lol unreal. He posted a MSU photo either during or right after our OV ended so I'm not surprised. Mel Tucker is a bad *** couch no doubt, but it's Michigan State... they had an awesome season with a veteran team and a ton of their talent is gone. I would be surprised if they stay in that 10-11 win range again.

Anyway, wherever Kirkland commits, I doubt it sticks for signing day. Just my two cents cause the kid loves being recruited but we will see.

Hopefully he's trying to build up suspense for his announcement in July. Mario is an OL head coach and has one of the best OL coaches in Mirabal. There's no excuse why we should not pull in some of at least these 4 star OL recruits.

Advertisement
Gaby just spoke with Kirkland as he ended his OV. He said he believes Kirkland ends up at Mich State. He said the staff did everything and Kirkland genuinely seemed to enjoy himself. But the vibe he is getting is Big 10 Mich State.

I read somewhere he said that was his mother's favorite....

Yeah, as soon as I started hearing that Mel and the mom have a strong connection a week or so ago, I knew it was a wrap. Bummer b/c we need big kids like him.

When do we start becoming concerned about our OL recruiting? The bar is higher here given Mario and Mirabel’s specialty. Their evaluation game is going to need to be on point
We got Kinsler coming this weekend.

We got Kinsler coming this weekend.
Not to be a star *****, but a dude ranked outside the Top 75 for linemen and doesn't have the most impressive offer list (it's not bad, just not elite) doesn't get my jimmies rustled like Kirkland or Sanker (forget Francis) would.

And yes, I know O-line is the hardest position to evaluate in high school. But with Mario and Mirabal, I expected at least 1 big time O-lineman to come here. Really hoping that guy is Samson Okunlola.

Shouldn't really be a hard sell either, considering we have a ton of upperclassmen on the line and plenty of opportunity for '23 guys to come in and make the 2-deep. We've got Tripp, we've got a very high-ceiling project in Tinilau....Hopefully some of these blue-chips are all hush hush.

Last edited:
Gaby just spoke with Kirkland as he ended his OV. He said he believes Kirkland ends up at Mich State. He said the staff did everything and Kirkland genuinely seemed to enjoy himself. But the vibe he is getting is Big 10 Mich State.

I read somewhere he said that was his mother's favorite....
MSU just hit my last nerve

over it innocentonfox GIF by Fox TV

Advertisement
Advertisement
Dude Mel tucker is not messing around holy cow. Maybe the boosters there got to thinking that they need to pony up since they did for his contract. Good for them I guess. Hope they beat Michigan taint and pedo

Advertisement
I agree. Read on ITU that he was posting pics of MSU while on our campus yesterday which to me falls in line with him deflecting to throw everyone off
I couldn't handle recruiting if I was a coach. If I found out he was posting MSU stuff on social media while he was on a official visit I would pull the offer and ask him to leave.

Vegas has them at 7.5

I see 3-4 guaranteed wins on their schedule. I don't know how the rest of the B1G shapes out, but they're going to lose quite a bit, and didn't have the portal help they had last year.

Advertisement
Back