2023 Payton Kirkland offered

My only concern about this kid’s decision, is that his coach MAY influence him. His camp coach out of Trench Academy, who also coaches Malik Bryant, LeBlanc, and a couple of Miami targets have feed them the “best goes to Alabama, everyone goes everywhere else” spiel. He does talk highly of Miami as well, stating he should have gone to Miami instead of fsu, but still… that Bama stuff he’s pushing is annoying. Lucky for us, the kid is close to John Campbell. He is also wise beyond his years. He can easily be a football analyst when his career in the nfl is over with. He’s 17 but because he’s been raised with older siblings and older people in general, he comes off as 35 y/o businessman. Great kid. I hope we close on him and he becomes the ambassador for this class.

Last edited:
Advertisement
My only concern about this kid’s decision, is that his coach MAY influence him. His camp coach out of Trench Academy, who also coaches Malik Bryant, LeBlanc, and a couple of Miami targets have feed them the “best goes to Alabama, everyone goes everywhere else” spiel. He does talk highly of Miami as well, stating he should have gone to Miami instead of fsu, but still… that Bama stuff he’s pushing is annoying. Lucky for us, the kid is close to John Campbell and looks up to him for advice. He is also wise beyond his years. He can easily be a football analyst when his career in the nfl is over with. He’s 17 but because he’s been raised with other siblings and older people general, he comes off as 35 y/o businessman. Great kid. I hope we close on him and he becomes the ambassador for this class.
Good to hear.

Mom is not built like the son lol. But let me tell you… I would not be surprised if a coach or two touch it. Great person, but when I say she’s enjoying Payton’s recruiting process… she’s enjoying!!! All these college coaches sitting in her living room??? Lol. She loves DVD.
You know who said they loved the recruiting process? Bissainthe's mom. She said she loved it as it gave her a chance to see all these places she never even knew existed. WVU and Penn State for example. If the mom loves the staff, its very difficult to beat for a recruit. Not all the time, London Collins and Willis. But most of the time. Mario places alot on getting with the family. Which is also why it was baffling Diaz was recruiting Earl Jr but never even spoke to his parents.

My only concern about this kid’s decision, is that his coach MAY influence him. His camp coach out of Trench Academy, who also coaches Malik Bryant, LeBlanc, and a couple of Miami targets have feed them the “best goes to Alabama, everyone goes everywhere else” spiel. He does talk highly of Miami as well, stating he should have gone to Miami instead of fsu, but still… that Bama stuff he’s pushing is annoying. Lucky for us, the kid is close to John Campbell. He is also wise beyond his years. He can easily be a football analyst when his career in the nfl is over with. He’s 17 but because he’s been raised with older siblings and older people in general, he comes off as 35 y/o businessman. Great kid. I hope we close on him and he becomes the ambassador for this class.
Yeah we have gotten good players from there. I trust Mario than any staff we had since Butch Davis to deal with the handlers and other people around the recruits. I hated it but how could i argue with people sending their kids elsewhere to what we have been doing in the past 2 decades.

Advertisement
Big-bodied kid with good length. Decent technique. I don't think he has the fluid movement and quick feet you want in a LT. He's more of a RT or G. As talented as this kid is when you compare his film to Connerly you see why Connerly is so coveted by big programs.

You know who said they loved the recruiting process? Bissainthe's mom. She said she loved it as it gave her a chance to see all these places she never even knew existed. WVU and Penn State for example. If the mom loves the staff, its very difficult to beat for a recruit. Not all the time, London Collins and Willis. But most of the time. Mario places alot on getting with the family. Which is also why it was baffling Diaz was recruiting Earl Jr but never even spoke to his parents.
🙄 Freaking Amateur! Glad we have adults running **** now.

Advertisement
He’ll be a Cane no doubt.
GIF by Saturday Night Live

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back