Payton Kirkland commits to Texass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screenshot_20220716-095411_Samsung Internet.jpg

Advertisement
The kid is smart. Both schools use green. It will be obvious if he mentioned orange. Let the kid have his fun.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I think he goes to MSU but if he comes here we bringing in 4 tackles including him. He has to play guard. Btw. We could have 2 players leaving after 3 years in Francis and Samson. The natuaral progression would be for PK and Ragnar taker over the tackle spots. But we also have McCoy who is a very underrated player and eho knows who else we bring in next cycle and the one after. We are gonna become a OL destination. Orlando kids are good for future battles. And just really love to see us in for top players all over the state like we used to. Lately we have basically ceded north and central FL to other schools when it came to elite players. Mario changing that. Invading all kinda territories

I think he goes to MSU but if he comes here we bringing in 4 tackles including him. He has to play guard. Btw. We could have 2 players leaving after 3 years in Francis and Samson. The natuaral progression would be for PK and Ragnar taker over the tackle spots. But we also have McCoy who is a very underrated player and eho knows who else we bring in next cycle and the one after. We are gonna become a OL destination. Orlando kids are good for future battles. And just really love to see us in for top players all over the state like we used to. Lately we have basically ceded north and central FL to other schools when it came to elite players. Mario changing that. Invading all kinda territories
LOL @ Ragnar. I hope that sticks.

If he’s willing to compete for a tackle position against Francis and Samson loser moves inside that’s cool with me. But if he’s looking for any guarantees I can see him picking Michigan State.
I'm thinking he's going MSU. I'm sure MSU is in his ear that he's their #1 guy and that he's #3 at best in Miami and maybe even #4 if we get Olaus and Samson.

Obviously, it's his decision. He should go where he thinks the school is best for him and not just the competition or lack there of.

Competition will make him better. As I've stated in another post, I believe Mario and Mirabal are going to cross train all of these guys. He said that's what he did at Oregon. That's what will get him to the NFL. It's vital to be able to play multiple positions on the OL with a 53 man roster.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The best part about this is he failed to mention the top rated OT in the composite rankings. Unreal indeed.
Talk outside FL is Francis moving to the inside. If we get Kirkland him too. And Samson and Thor play tackled they have longer arms.

Talk outside FL is Francis moving to the inside. If we get Kirkland him too. And Samson and Thor play tackled they have longer arms.
Possibly, but Mirabal also likes to cross train these guys so they are more prepared to step in if injuries happen. Seems like common sense to me.

"Hogtown was a 19th-century settlement in and around what is now Westside Park in Gainesville, Florida, United States (in the northeast corner of the intersection of NW 8th Avenue and 34th Street) where a historical marker notes Hogtown's location at that site and is the eponymous outpost of the adjacent Hogtown Creek. Originally a village of Seminoles who raised hogs, the habitation was dubbed "Hogtown" by nearby white people who traded with the Seminoles. Indian artifacts were found at Glen Springs, which empties into Hogtown Creek."

So when I was doing my LL.M. at UF Law for 11 months, I lived right by "Hogtown":

View attachment 198427

The future Gaytors were givin' the business to the SemenHoles even back in the 1820s...

"In 1824, Hogtown's population was 14. After the acquisition of Florida by the United States, white settlers began moving into the area. The 1823 Treaty of Moultrie Creek obliged the Seminoles to move to a reservation in central Florida. Under the terms of the treaty, Chief John Mico received $20 as compensation for the "improvements" the Seminoles had made in Hogtown. The 1832 Treaty of Payne's Landing required the Seminoles in Florida to move to west of the Mississippi River after three years. Most of the Seminoles did not want to leave Florida. As the deadline for the start of the removal approached, tensions increased in Florida. A militia unit called the Spring Grove Guards (Spring Grove was about 4 miles (6 km) west of Hogtown) was organized in Spring 1835, with many of its 60 or so members living in Hogtown. In June 1835 there occurred an incident called the "Murder of Hogtown" (not to be confused with a work of fiction so titled): A party of seven or eight Seminoles hunting off of the reservation had killed a cow and then made camp near Hogtown. A group of whites found five or six of the Seminoles at their camp, seized their weapons, and began whipping the Seminoles. The other two Seminoles returned to the camp, and seeing their fellows being whipped, opened fire on the whites. In the ensuing fight, three of the whites were wounded, one Seminole was killed, and another Seminole was reported to have been mortally wounded."

Eventually, Gainesville just annexed Hogtown:

"In 1961, the City of Gainesville annexed the former site of Hogtown. As noted by Steve Rajtar in "Guide to Historic Gainesville", "Some consider Hogtown to be the earliest name of what is now known as Gainesville. Most historians, however, consider them to be two separate communities, with Gainesville being the first and only name of the present city." Nonetheless, colloquially, "Hogtown" is oft used as a synonym for Gainesville and many Gainesville businesses and events identify themselves as "Hogtown"."

View attachment 198424
We really need to be able to hit certain posts with history tag.

Right, @Andrew?

Advertisement
He wants to play LT. With Mauigoa and Okunlola, the odds of playing that here are slim to none and he knows it.
I would put Olaus ahead of him there as well and Freeling as well. It’s crazy that a talent like Freeling is on the outside looking in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back