Payton Kirkland commits to Texass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
It feels eerily familiar to the Rashada situation. Just later in the recruitment. UFā€™s only chance at top tier guys is to drastically over pay, the word is already out on them.

Imo like Rashadaā€˜s recruitment this one feels like the kid wants to be here. He has a good relationship with the staff and just vibes with Sfla. But UF definitely gave him something to think about , before that it was Miami / Bama with Miami having a big lead.

I respectfully offer that uf would not be overpaying... they'd be attempting to compensate recruits for joining an "unattractive situation"

ResizedP_ce03a625-64fd-476e-acc9-5ba38dacc504_288146800239194.gif
062724a6-9452-4b25-92f2-4eaeb56a016b_288089239771143.gif
ResizedP_ea967ffc-2a0f-47f3-ac35-31e62531ba06_288074727511982.gif

Hogtown

It makes me laugh every single time. As you know I am not from Florida so it just cracks me up.

I used the term on a text to my buddies. I told them it referred to Gainesville and they all said that is going in the Rolodex.

"Hogtown was a 19th-century settlement in and around what is now Westside Park in Gainesville, Florida, United States (in the northeast corner of the intersection of NW 8th Avenue and 34th Street) where a historical marker notes Hogtown's location at that site and is the eponymous outpost of the adjacent Hogtown Creek. Originally a village of Seminoles who raised hogs, the habitation was dubbed "Hogtown" by nearby white people who traded with the Seminoles. Indian artifacts were found at Glen Springs, which empties into Hogtown Creek."

So when I was doing my LL.M. at UF Law for 11 months, I lived right by "Hogtown":

1657840296930.png

The future Gaytors were givin' the business to the SemenHoles even back in the 1820s...

"In 1824, Hogtown's population was 14. After the acquisition of Florida by the United States, white settlers began moving into the area. The 1823 Treaty of Moultrie Creek obliged the Seminoles to move to a reservation in central Florida. Under the terms of the treaty, Chief John Mico received $20 as compensation for the "improvements" the Seminoles had made in Hogtown. The 1832 Treaty of Payne's Landing required the Seminoles in Florida to move to west of the Mississippi River after three years. Most of the Seminoles did not want to leave Florida. As the deadline for the start of the removal approached, tensions increased in Florida. A militia unit called the Spring Grove Guards (Spring Grove was about 4 miles (6 km) west of Hogtown) was organized in Spring 1835, with many of its 60 or so members living in Hogtown. In June 1835 there occurred an incident called the "Murder of Hogtown" (not to be confused with a work of fiction so titled): A party of seven or eight Seminoles hunting off of the reservation had killed a cow and then made camp near Hogtown. A group of whites found five or six of the Seminoles at their camp, seized their weapons, and began whipping the Seminoles. The other two Seminoles returned to the camp, and seeing their fellows being whipped, opened fire on the whites. In the ensuing fight, three of the whites were wounded, one Seminole was killed, and another Seminole was reported to have been mortally wounded."

Eventually, Gainesville just annexed Hogtown:

"In 1961, the City of Gainesville annexed the former site of Hogtown. As noted by Steve Rajtar in "Guide to Historic Gainesville", "Some consider Hogtown to be the earliest name of what is now known as Gainesville. Most historians, however, consider them to be two separate communities, with Gainesville being the first and only name of the present city." Nonetheless, colloquially, "Hogtown" is oft used as a synonym for Gainesville and many Gainesville businesses and events identify themselves as "Hogtown"."

1657840189878.png

"Hogtown was a 19th-century settlement in and around what is now Westside Park in Gainesville, Florida, United States (in the northeast corner of the intersection of NW 8th Avenue and 34th Street) where a historical marker notes Hogtown's location at that site and is the eponymous outpost of the adjacent Hogtown Creek. Originally a village of Seminoles who raised hogs, the habitation was dubbed "Hogtown" by nearby white people who traded with the Seminoles. Indian artifacts were found at Glen Springs, which empties into Hogtown Creek."

So when I was doing my LL.M. at UF Law for 11 months, I lived right by "Hogtown":

View attachment 198427

The future Gaytors were givin' the business to the SemenHoles even back in the 1820s...

"In 1824, Hogtown's population was 14. After the acquisition of Florida by the United States, white settlers began moving into the area. The 1823 Treaty of Moultrie Creek obliged the Seminoles to move to a reservation in central Florida. Under the terms of the treaty, Chief John Mico received $20 as compensation for the "improvements" the Seminoles had made in Hogtown. The 1832 Treaty of Payne's Landing required the Seminoles in Florida to move to west of the Mississippi River after three years. Most of the Seminoles did not want to leave Florida. As the deadline for the start of the removal approached, tensions increased in Florida. A militia unit called the Spring Grove Guards (Spring Grove was about 4 miles (6 km) west of Hogtown) was organized in Spring 1835, with many of its 60 or so members living in Hogtown. In June 1835 there occurred an incident called the "Murder of Hogtown" (not to be confused with a work of fiction so titled): A party of seven or eight Seminoles hunting off of the reservation had killed a cow and then made camp near Hogtown. A group of whites found five or six of the Seminoles at their camp, seized their weapons, and began whipping the Seminoles. The other two Seminoles returned to the camp, and seeing their fellows being whipped, opened fire on the whites. In the ensuing fight, three of the whites were wounded, one Seminole was killed, and another Seminole was reported to have been mortally wounded."

"In 1961, the City of Gainesville annexed the former site of Hogtown. As noted by Steve Rajtar in "Guide to Historic Gainesville", "Some consider Hogtown to be the earliest name of what is now known as Gainesville. Most historians, however, consider them to be two separate communities, with Gainesville being the first and only name of the present city." Nonetheless, colloquially, "Hogtown" is oft used as a synonym for Gainesville and many Gainesville businesses and events identify themselves as "Hogtown"."

View attachment 198424
Tremendous. Just tremendous.

I respectfully offer that uf would not be overpaying... they'd be attempting to compensate recruits for joining an "unattractive situation"

View attachment 198408View attachment 198409View attachment 198410
Yup and itā€™s so funny these morons actually think it the money was close they would rather spend time in college in Tuscaloosa or Gainesville just ā€œ
Because of traditionā€ or ā€œ Saban is great ā€œ even though Saban is the mean old man on the block that kids light bags of **** on fire at their stoop! Miami is as attractive when we are building a program, have the right coaches, and are able to keep the money fair

Advertisement
From the current roster, I see only 5 that will definitely be here in 23. Sagapolu, Denis, Cooper, McCoy, Rivers. And Cooper could end up on defense.

Campbell has another year of eligibility and possibly McLaughlin. Itā€™s possible the rest of the current room is either out of eligibility or on another team. 6-7 can definitely be justified in this class.
Clark, Seymour, washington, Rodriguez! Clark is the only who has played a down.

Advertisement
Again guts, stop calling this kid a troll. Heā€™s far from that. The kid is a honest one. He stated he had top 5, and he kept posting about his top 5. But it is between MSU and Miami with no one else in sight. On 7/23, I really donā€™t know which hate he picks up, but if I really had to guessā€¦ Iā€™m going Miami cause thatā€™s what he likes. As Iā€™ve mentioned plenty of times, momma likes MSU.

Clark, Seymour, washington, Rodriguez! Clark is the only who has played a down.
Rivers started three games last season before going down with a knee injury. He's probably the second best OL behind Zion Canes currently have and will be a key cog in 2023.

The OL guys I see coming back in 2023, just my .02, are the following:
Rivers, Sagapolu, Denis, Clark, Seymour, McCoy, and Cooper. A 50/50 shot is Washington, Rodriguez and McLaughlin. I don't think Campbell and Reed come back.

Signing 7 OL is an easy call given the state of the OL....average at best.

Rivers started three games last season before going down with a knee injury. He's probably the second best OL behind Zion Canes currently have and will be a key cog in 2023.

The OL guys I see coming back in 2023, just my .02, are the following:
Rivers, Sagapolu, Denis, Clark, Seymour, McCoy, and Cooper. A 50/50 shot is Washington, Rodriguez and McLaughlin. I don't think Campbell and Reed come back.

Signing 7 OL is an easy call given the state of the OL....average at best.
Average at best! I agree, i want most of those guys back. If not then we got true. Freshmen littered thru out the 2 deep! At least if some of those guys come back hopefully cristobal n mirabal can coach them up.šŸ™šŸ¤·šŸ¤”

Advertisement
Average at best! I agree, i want most of those guys back. If not then we got true. Freshmen littered thru out the 2 deep! At least if some of those guys come back hopefully cristobal n mirabal can coach them up.šŸ™šŸ¤·šŸ¤”
Not to these players specifically, but the importance of quality and/or experienced depth across the roster cannot be understated.

Advertisement
Thought he was set to go to Miami. Then I saw him and Bryant change their signing plans. See a lot of msu buzz now
MSU has always been a serious contender. Mom loves MSU and I know the fans up here are confident they land him.

View attachment 198427

View attachment 198424
Wow, great read. Thank you for clarifying this. I always assumed ā€œHogtownā€ was a nickname Bc of the UF coeds attending school there. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back