Paul James and Daryl Chestnut to

Advertisement
Didn't James reportedly have bad grades?

U of I is no slouch when it comes to admissions (believe it's 2-3 spots behind Miami)

Advertisement
James supposedly has train wreck grades. I would have loved to see us sign and place that kid.

We will see though.

What is 2 or 3 spots behind Miami? How do u assess that? This is admissions for athletes, not the regular student body.

Advertisement
What is 2 or 3 spots behind Miami? How do u assess that? This is admissions for athletes, not the regular student body.

The 2013 US News National College Rankings (Miami was #44, while UofI was #46)

I know UofI requires a few courses be taken in High School that other schools don't.

Unless it's changed, Illinois has been known to bend academic standards for athletes with the best of them.

Didn't James reportedly have bad grades?

U of I is no slouch when it comes to admissions (believe it's 2-3 spots behind Miami)

But U of I admissions will turn a blind eye and use the NCAA scale (which is significantly lower then general Admin) for football player admissions don't kid yourself. Now for general admissions you better believe their standards are on par with the rest of the Big Ten, this is just how the game is played.

Good for him that he is getting the opportunity to play somewhere.

As for Chestnut wow W. michigan, didn't see that one coming. Well I can tell you this he will get all the big midwestern farm girl loving he can handle :cool:.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
winky, lol, that has nothing to do admitting fb players.
and UM will admit a 2.5 820 sat all american football player as well.

Advertisement
whats the hype with paul james??

dude is like 6'1-6'2 tweener that played at KROP...i never trust their kids because of the comp they play.

whats the hype with paul james??

dude is like 6'1-6'2 tweener that played at KROP...i never trust their kids because of the comp they play.

Lot of buzz around him after he won MVP at one of our camps. Not saying he's a slam dunk prospect but he's a guy I was hoping we would keep an eye on to see if he matured physically at JUCO or Prep. We will see where he ends up though.

ESPN scroll just had James with offers from Miami, Alabama, Florida State, and Tennessee....where do they get this stuff .

Advertisement
Back