Patten Releases Top Four

View as article

Tito Benach

Staff Writer
Premium
2014 Booker T Washington cornerback Nigel Patten released his first top four this week.

“Florida State, West Virginia, Oklahoma State and Oregon.”

Patten chose those four schools due to their defensive schemes

“All of them play smaller and fast DBs and all of them have a 4-3 defense, which is something I can work with.”

While this list is not final, he did state why his home school, Miami, didn’t make the cut.

“They’re in my top 5, they have always been my first school but they are there.”

When asked if Miami could make it into his top four schools, Patten was honest.

“Yes, it just depends on the recruiting process, anything can happen.”

Patten does have interest in the Canes, one of the reasons being because of the local players they have.

“Mostly everybody that goes there is from south Florida, everybody is from home, so that would give me an edge in playing time and competing. I feel that if I went there I would really have to compete. I don’t wanna walk in and start I wanna work for everything I do.”

The 2014 corner does have a relationship with two current Hurricane players.

“I work out with Brandon Mcgee and Tracy Howard, they always talk to me about it.”

Patten does plan on making his decision by signing day, and talked about his decision

“I’ll probably make a decision by signing day.”

The Booker T product also talked about if his decision will be final when he chooses.

“There is probably like a 60 percent chance I’ll go to that school if I choose before signing day.”

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
2014 Booker T Washington cornerback Nigel Patten released his first
top four this week.

“Florida State, West Virginia, Oklahoma State and Oregon.”

Patten chose those four schools due to their defensive schemes

“All of them play smaller and fast DBs and all of them have a 4-3
defense, which is something I can work with.”

While this list is not final, he did state why his home school, Miami,
didn’t make the cut.

“They’re in my top 5, they have always been my first school but they are there.”

When asked if Miami could make it into his top four schools, Patten was honest.

“Yes, it just depends on the recruiting process, anything can happen.”

Patten does have interest in the Canes, one of the reasons being
because of the local players they have.

“Mostly everybody that goes there is from south Florida, everybody is
from home, so that would give me an edge in playing time and
competing. I feel that if I went there I would really have to compete.
I don’t wanna walk in and start I wanna work for everything I do.”

“I work out with Brandon Mcgee and Tracy Howard, they always talk to
me about it.”

Patten does plan on making his decision by signing day, and talked
about his decision

“I’ll probably make a decision by signing day.”

The Booker T product also talked about if his decision will be final
when he chooses.

“There is probably like a 60 percent chance I’ll go to that school if
I choose before signing day.”

:ohlord:

Advertisement
“I work out with Brandon Mcgee and Tracy Howard, they always talk to me about it.”

That's why I think everyone who simply dismisses Tracy Howard and D'Onofrio getting into it as a ridiculous non-story is missing a larger point. What is, what can Tracy Howard say to these future recruits?

Advertisement

That's why I think everyone who simply dismisses Tracy Howard and D'Onofrio getting into it as a ridiculous non-story is missing a larger point. What is, what can Tracy Howard say to these future recruits?

Explain please

Advertisement
Why the **** does the front 7 matter to him? He's a DB.

Because a DB left alone on an island for an extended amount of time can only do so much. Revis wouldn't do jack if the opposing QB had all day to pick a defense apart.

Funny that you mention Revis being that the Jets run a 3-4 defense.

I can see if he mentioned the other teams getting more pressure than our D, but the type of defense a team doesn't matter. It's the players playing in front of him that make the difference. The best defense in the NCAA is Bama who also run a 3-4.

I was only addressing the general misconception that a front 7 does not impact a DB's ability to play the game. It could be Deion Sanders back there and he'd have trouble without the front 7 doing their job since in the end it'll basically be like playing in a camp setting where the WR has all the time in the world to make double-moves, find the soft spots in zone, etc.

Why the **** does the front 7 matter to him? He's a DB.

Because a DB left alone on an island for an extended amount of time can only do so much. Revis wouldn't do jack if the opposing QB had all day to pick a defense apart.

Funny that you mention Revis being that the Jets run a 3-4 defense.

I can see if he mentioned the other teams getting more pressure than our D, but the type of defense a team doesn't matter. It's the players playing in front of him that make the difference. The best defense in the NCAA is Bama who also run a 3-4.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back