NFL Draft Patriots personally work out D'Eriq King (UPDATE - Signed as an UDFA)

Advertisement
Advertisement
He'll have to stand out on special teams to have a real shot at an nfl roster. Kid has all the heart & intangibles you could want. He's a natural fit for a cerebral coach like Belichick.

Advertisement
Julian Edelman 2.0?
Serie A Video GIF by ElevenSportsBE
Whoa! We can't compare across races on CIS.

He needs to become (at the NFL level) what we all hoped Tate Martell would become (at the college level).

I still feel like he will make an intriguing #2 QB.

Eagles, Cards, Bills, Ravens, Seahawks. And any team that runs the Shanahan-tree offense. (49ers, Vikings, Dolphins, ?)

I'm holding my breath.

I mean anything is possible, but I really don’t think he has the height or the arm to regularly play QB at the NFL level.

His best shot is probably a Taysom Hill-type role, but instead of having TE as the secondary position, he’d have WR as the secondary position.

Last edited:
Advertisement
He will need a year or two at minimum to work on his slot receiving skills. He will be a 7th rounder at most.

Obviously the Edelman comparisons will always be there but people forget that Edelman had insane quickness and burst when he came into the league. He was an elite punt returner when he started in New England, infamously "causing" Wes Welker to get caught by Belichicks comparison to Wally Pipp. But even Edelman, as good as he was later on, didnt get serious burn until 2013, which was out of neccessity.

Idk if King has that. He would need that same ****ed up mentality that Edelman had.

Didn’t they time his 40 with a sun dial? Great kid, big time intangibles but way too short and slow to play in the nfl.

Advertisement
I mean anything is possible, but I really don’t think he has the height or the arm to regularly play QB at the NFL level.

His best shot is probably a Taysom Hill-type role, but instead of having TE as the secondary position, he’d have WR as the secondary position.

That makes sense. And I hope it happens.

Remember Greg Ward? It's hard not to compare the two at this point. (U of Houston, both are QB's, position versatility)

Call me biased, but King looks quicker than Ward did at the same point in there careers. And Ward has had a solid 3 year career so far.

In short, I'm going to be ****ed if he's not on an active roster. lol.

Didn’t they time his 40 with a sun dial? Great kid, big time intangibles but way too short and slow to play in the nfl.

Jarvis Landry ran a 4.77 at the NFL combine.

And if there's a Braxton Berrios (short, explosive, t-rex arms), there CAN be a King.

Not to say that King doesn't have his work cut out for him.

Last edited:
Jarvis Landry ran a 4.77 at the NFL combine.

And if there's a Braxton Berrios (short, explosive, t-rex arms), there CAN be a King.

Not to say that King has his work cut out for him.
People are always very quick to point out the exceptions. You could make a pretty long list of dudes who played wr in college and were really productive that did not have the speed to make it in the league. Now you got a guy who is a qb trying to reinvent himself and are hoping he proves to be the exception. I understand because I also like king and what he did for Miami but as the old saying goes hope in one hand and shiit in the other and see which one fills up first….

People are always very quick to point out the exceptions. You could make a pretty long list of dudes who played wr in college and were really productive that did not have the speed to make it in the league. Now you got a guy who is a qb trying to reinvent himself and are hoping he proves to be the exception. I understand because I also like king and what he did for Miami but as the old saying goes hope in one hand and shiit in the other and see which one fills up first….

Never heard that old adage, but **** I like it lol!

Advertisement
Back