NFL Draft Patriots personally work out D'Eriq King (UPDATE - Signed as an UDFA)

He’ll make an excellent practice squad qb. He’d fit perfectly size wise for Arizona. You can keep him down there on the cheep and move him up as number two if necessary. He can learn the wr roles and fill in gaps there too. That’s what I envision for him honestly. Maybe I’m underselling his abilities, but the nfl/better teams have purpose and don’t have enough spots for jags. Feelings not withstanding

Advertisement
I believe King carves out a nice NFL career.

Don’t think it’s fair to compare him to Berrios. Okay they are both under 5’10” but berrios is an elite athlete.

To me Berrios = roscoe Parrish mold / King = Jarvis Landry mold.

Advertisement
he is going to have to play slot WR in the NFL to have a shot. best of luck
slot WRs are getting bigger. You have a tiny guy out there in the slot, he needs to be a good run blocker or teams aren't even respecting your run game or they just need to be dynamite in the green in obvious passing plays.

King has to be versatile. Play inside, show a little bit outside, play special teams, etc.

As a Phin fan, I hate the Pats as much as others. BUT, Belichek always manages to find diamonds in the rough. Maybe King can impress enough to get a shot at a roster spot.

Serie A Video GIF by ElevenSportsBE
Whoa! We can't compare across races on CIS.
Do I get a red card, or just a yellow card for that infraction? Should I be expecting a ban from Bandrew?

Last edited:
Advertisement
As a Phin fan, I hate the Pats as much as others. BUT, Belichek always manages to find diamonds in the rough. Maybe King can impress enough to get a shot at a roster spot.
He turned a college lacrosse player into a good wide receiver for the Pats. That is a task unrivaled in NFL history.

I still feel like he will make an intriguing #2 QB.

Eagles, Cards, Bills, Ravens, Seahawks. And any team that runs the Shanahan-tree offense. (49ers, Vikings, Dolphins, ?)

I'm holding my breath.

Or number 3/ps.

He needs drop back reps for the short and intermediate game and work on rpo with zone blocking.

If he miraculously calmed his instinct to run as soon as he feels pressure, I think he can be effective.

It will take a lot of work, especially footwork to find windows. He will have to trust his reads and make throws even when he can’t see everything.

It will be a tough road for sure, but I won’t count out anybody who wants it bad.

Slot receiver and specials teams gamer are his path to the NFL.

Smaller guys like Kyler Murray and Baker Mayfield going **** up as busts won't help his cause—not when guys like Josh Allen (6'5") are your new prototypical quarterback.

King is a gamer. Hopefully he's less stubborn than some quarterback-or-bust type guys before him who refused a position change with an NFL spot on the line. Rooting for him.

Advertisement
Walker, Edelman.....and now possibly King

All tough, elusive and heady guys....its possible
If I’m not mistaken Edelman ran an elite shuttle time at the combine. Not sure King has that sort of lateral quickness in his bag

Advertisement
I hope he makes it and has a nice career and then ends up back here to start his coaching career. Very good college player and even better human being.

If I’m not mistaken Edelman ran an elite shuttle time at the combine. Not sure King has that sort of lateral quickness in his bag

Okkkkkkkkk soooooooo??? I guess I understand what you're trying to say but.....

I'd venture to guess that the vast majority of the receivers now playing in the NFL also did NOT run "elite" shuttle times either. If they ALL did .....their times wouldn't be considered "elite".......it would be a more of a prerequisite

Takes lots of attributes to become a good NFL receiver, many of which cannot be exposed by size or a combine testing ( primarily the ability to catch and get open).

That's why it's good for King or anyone else especially when size may be a concern......that they are being evaluated personally in addition to the rote combine testing.

Anyway, It's well proven that lack of size does not prohibit someone from becoming a good receiver

Okkkkkkkkk soooooooo??? I guess I understand what you're trying to say but.....

I'd venture to guess that the vast majority of the receivers now playing in the NFL also did NOT run "elite" shuttle times either. If they ALL did .....their times wouldn't be considered "elite".......it would be a more of a prerequisite

Takes lots of attributes to become a good NFL receiver, many of which cannot be exposed by size or a combine testing ( primarily the ability to catch and get open).

That's why it's good for King or anyone else especially when size may be a concern......that they are being evaluated personally in addition to the rote combine testing.

Anyway, It's well proven that lack of size does not prohibit someone from becoming a good receiver
I'm not "trying" to say anything, I said Edelman's shuttle time was elite (3.9 seconds, btw)... and then you went and addressed a bunch of issues that have nothing to do with my post.

Advertisement
Back